Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Yes they can but only within the framework of the federal Constitution. That is what the idiots in Arizona can't seem to grasp.
Can I see a link to these idiots in AZ. I'm just speaking as a whole and not knowing this AZ issue sparking this history lesson.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you buying into the talking point that there is a war on Christianity from the left?
I'm not religious at all.

I just want all peoples rights respected.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
More avoidance. Can't answer a direct question, eh?
Old 02-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Can I see a link to these idiots in AZ. I'm just speaking as a whole and not knowing this AZ issue sparking this history lesson.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/21/us/arizona-anti-gay-bill/
Old 02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
More avoidance. Can't answer a direct question, eh?
No but I have seen a big change in this country in my lifetime. I see more people not following any religion at all. Is it good for the country I don't know. Has the country evolved into what I can only call a lack of moralities yes. Is it more to do with the lack of religion or parenting?
Old 02-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Banned

Got it.
Yep I heard that and don't agree the state needed a law for that and be specific.

I know in California a business owners can refuse service to anyone. It's not a individual's right to patronize a business.

Is it the best thing for there business probably not.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Admin

Quote:

I just want all peoples rights respected.
Ahh, I see you added the bolded after I quoted you. I was raised by a Methodist minister father and a converted Baptist mother. I'm still nominally a Methodist with maybe a lean towards Unitarianism, for what it's worth. I've also taken the time to study the rest of the mainstream religions, a little bit as time allows i.e. Buddhism, Judaism, Islam (I even have an English copy of the Koran ). It's amazing to my mind that there is any religious strife anywhere as they all stand on the same founding principals. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."
Personally, the best idea of a cathedral is a towering redwood grove. It doesn't get any more spiritual than one of those.

So, it may strike you as funny or strange but most liberals that I've met have a deep respect of the rights of others to believe and act as they see fit - within the confines of the law of the land. We all love this grand experiment that is America and wish it to succeed.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:21 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Has the country evolved into what I can only call a lack of moralities yes. Is it more to do with the lack of religion or parenting?
1. Bullshit.
2. It has to do with fools trying to define morality.

That you do not care for something does NOT make it immoral.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Got it.
Yep I heard that and don't agree the state needed a law for that and be specific.

I know in California a business owners can refuse service to anyone. It's not a individual's right to patronize a business.

Is it the best thing for there business probably not.
I disagree with the bolded. No one can discriminate based on race, religion etc. in California. It's in our constitution.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ahh, I see you added the bolded after I quoted you. I was raised by a Methodist minister father and a converted Baptist mother. I'm still nominally a Methodist with maybe a lean towards Unitarianism, for what it's worth. I've also taken the time to study the rest of the mainstream religions, a little bit as time allows i.e. Buddhism, Judaism, Islam (I even have an English copy of the Koran ). It's amazing to my mind that there is any religious strife anywhere as they all stand on the same founding principals. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."
Personally, the best idea of a cathedral is a towering redwood grove. It doesn't get any more spiritual than one of those.

So, it may strike you as funny or strange but most liberals that I've met have a deep respect of the rights of others to believe and act as they see fit - within the confines of the law of the land. We all love this grand experiment that is America and wish it to succeed.
Agreed, Mine would be looking out over the ocean from high cliff like though Big Sur. The massiveness make you humble.