Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Resident octogenarian

Increasing our troops simply means sending them back for a fifth and sixth tour, we don't have any more new troops.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
No comment on our leader of Change changing his tunes?

Pete
Well, he's in between a rock and a hard place. No matter what he does he's going to take some heat.

It looks to me like he has no choice other than to send in more troops. At least at this time.

Personally, I'd be looking for a way out.

Chas
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, he's in between a rock and a hard place. No matter what he does he's going to take some heat.

It looks to me like he has no choice other than to send in more troops. At least at this time.

Chas
Could not agree more. From my myopic little view, it seems this issue is getting equal or more press than healthcare at the moment. Perhaps what he is really considering is the impact of his actions on Nov 2010, yes?
Old 11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
Precisely what he should be doing. Stop pussy-footing and just jerk the damn plug. See, this is what makes me nuts about the guy;

All that tough talk and now it's nothing but compromise after compromise. And the Republicans did the same thing when they had the reigns.

Is there anyone out there that has any stones at all? This not not a comment on who I think is right or wrong, it's just an observence that NONE of our leaders have any balls anymore. Could you imagine LBJ acting like this? You may not like LBJ, but that guy shoved his agenda through. When he barked, the sheep moved and the GOP stayed the fuck out of his way. And Reagan had his ways too. But now? And this ditz from Alaska is the best anyone can come up with? (I dunno if she's really gonna run or not, but to me she seems to campaigning already.)

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-17-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Well they are sayin' Obama will increase troop levels by 30K.

And will 'pressure' do-nothing Europe for more. 1500??!! from France? Bah.

Find out tonight.

Pete
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

Considering that some jockeys from the Air National Guard bombed the Canadians over there I trust they have the good sense to get out and stay out.

I am getting just a bit tired of the whole lot, they moan about how they are treated when they emigrate to foreign countries. Do they ever try the when in Rome do as the Romans do approach? Hell no, do they ever let Christians build churches in their countries? Yeah sure. If you want to keep your women in Burkas and observe Sharia then stay home.

Out of a country of 28 million the best they can come up with is 20,000 army volunteers, screw them.