Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
The Romney/Ryan ticket has you liberals being extra touchy today. I am not surprised. I'd be scared too if I were running against them.
Mess, you're not giving yourself nearly enough credit. It's not Ryan or Romney. It's you. You're a low life plagiarizing ignoramus who can't put together an original coherent thought to save your life. You are our resident troll, lurking under a rock, spitting at passers by and telling yourself how clever you are. You, Mess, are what the Republican Party has become, you and people just like you.

John
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
WTF?

So if you support Obama and the Democrats you hate America?
That is exactly what mezz is saying. Ignoring the old people comment for the moment. Mezz believes that liberals are worse than stupid, it appears that he believes that liberals are traitors to his ideal of America.

Let me address DRay's statement that there are some well educated folk here on the boards. I, like Merrylander and Pete, am a drop out who graduated via the GED program. B+ by the way without much study beforehand. I do wish I had a better grasp on calculus and advanced algebra but that hasn't stopped me from receiving many an attaboy from building department engineers at the plan check desk not too mention admiration of my work from building inspectors and recommendations from planning department officials.

Mezz is a egomaniacal plagerist and it doesn't take higher learning to pick up on that. Congratulations Mezz on getting into a very exclusive club of one. DRay the Admin of this forum hasn't put anyone on his ignore list as far as I can tell. You are a disgrace to the forum and the sooner you are gone the better.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Loyal Opposition

Let me think for a minute here, Rex. You challenge an institution (the union movement) that I feel is essential to a fair marketplace for workers, and you have been critical of Obama. Not exactly a screaming liberal, I would say. Nevertheless, you have carefully considered the positions and the values advanced by the Romney campaign, and decided not to vote for him. Yeah, you must be stupid.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-13-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
That is exactly what mezz is saying. Ignoring the old people comment for the moment. Mezz believes that liberals are worse than stupid, it appears that he believes that liberals are traitors to his ideal of America.

Let me address DRay's statement that there are some well educated folk here on the boards. I, like Merrylander and Pete, am a drop out who graduated via the GED program. B+ by the way without much study beforehand. I do wish I had a better grasp on calculus and advanced algebra but that hasn't stopped me from receiving many an attaboy from building department engineers at the plan check desk not too mention admiration of my work from building inspectors and recommendations from planning department officials.

Mezz is a egomaniacal plagerist and it doesn't take higher learning to pick up on that. Congratulations Mezz on getting into a very exclusive club of one. DRay the Admin of this forum hasn't put anyone on his ignore list as far as I can tell. You are a disgrace to the forum and the sooner you are gone the better.
Calm down Bobby, Mr Bacon and myself have it all worked out now! It's become obvious to even me, a McCain/Palin supporter, that the Tea Party members represents the very things that Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Hamilton and the likes risked their very lives to get away from. Oligarchy and theocracy

Last edited by Rex E.; 08-13-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
And I hear you there. People like Rush and Beck rewrote history and the Tea Party ate it up. The Tea Party, from a historical perspective, I think more parallels the Tories in political philosophy and that's ironic. In fact for me it's downright frustrating. It has put me at odds with my own redneck friends and that's messed up.
Fixed it for you, I hope you don't mind.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Fixed it for you, I hope you don't mind.
Sounds right. I never heard of the Tories. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Calm down Bobby, Mr Bacon and myself have it all worked out now! It's become obvious to even me, a McCain/Palin supporter, that the Tea Party represents the very things that Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Hamilton and the likes risked their very lives to get away from.
Just remember that I have the tar on a slow simmer and plenty of feathers. So just a nod will do when the time comes. My ancestors were worse than Hessian mercenaries, they were Bavarians.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Well, apparently Joe 'The Plumber' Wurzelbacher didn't build that so the prosperity didn't really belong to him anyway.

Hard to believe people who grew up in the US can support this way of thinking in 2012... especially all the old folks on here. It must have rather sucked to have grown up for so long hating what America was all about. I guess Obama is their dream come true now.

Not hating America for what it was about...

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/04/30...st-generation/
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post

What the hell does that have to do with "manliness"? Women are incapable of those virtues?

John
Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post

Thanks for that link Painter. Lesson three was paticularly poignant for me. After Dad passed we discovered his Bronze medal he won in Pattons Third Army, 10th Armored division for his service in the Ardennes all the way to Austria. The Greatest Generation apellation is not a particularly comfortable one for those men and women who did their duty as they saw it. I for one class those brave women who flew all of those P51s to Europe, for example, as equals to the guys who flew combat mission after combat mission over Europe. Rosie the Riveter is also hero in my book. We "boomers" are thought of as beneficiaries of those sacrifices with little understanding of what it took to persevere through the Great Depression and the subsequent World War. It's true that for a lot of us understanding has come late in the game but some have learned at our father's (and mom's) knees what it means to be an American and we are damn proud and will bitterly fight any assumption that we are any less of a patriot because we are liberals! (as characterized by some self appointed charlatan wearing Lipton teabags stapled to a fake tri cornered hat) I was an active antiwar protester in D.C. during the early seventies and I am proud of it. I've been called many a vile name for that, unjustly so IMO but I know that Nixon was a crook and a betrayer of the Republican Party. These Tea Partyists seem to me to be cut of the same cloth and are hell bent on the destruction of the Grand Old Party.
My apologies for the long rant Painter but sometimes it has to be said. I loved that story about the gentleman who when asked, "What were you doing when you were seventeen?" I was thirteen/ fourteen when I was dodging the Capitol Park Police batons as they tried to ride us down on horseback for peacefully protesting the Vietnam War.