in keeping this site going.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
neanderthal knuckleheads

Old 08-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Admin

This ignerant idjit is diggin' in his hooves and the runner up is balking at taking up the reins. I'm starting to pity the Muleish state, just a tich. It's looking like the hopes and fevered dreams of the tea party are going up in smoke. No Senate for those turkeys, praise the Lord and thanks for the ammunition fellas.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
And the sheer beauty of it all is that as of yesterday he is still in essentially a dead heat with McCaskill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D194919

Interesting, don't you think?
If he wasn't an ignorant asshole, he'd be up 20 or more points. McCaskill got her wish by spending money in the GOP primary to get the idiot Akin selected. BTW, the deadline passed and he's staying. And another thing, these GOP anti-abortion folks need to rethink the entire issue if they plan on having a viable party in the future.

Last edited by bhunter; 08-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
If he wasn't an ignorant asshole, he'd be up 20 or more points. McCaskill got her wish by spending money in the GOP primary to get the idiot Akin selected. BTW, the deadline passed and he's staying. And another thing, these GOP anti-abortion folks need to rethink the entire issue if they plan on having a viable party in the future.
Yep, that and few other things, IMO. Notice as the election approaches the GOP side becomes softer on "entitlements". I've been heaing some interesting comments from the folks in my life lately. They're suddenly beginning to realize life without any social(ist) safety nets aint all the rightwing propaganda machine has it cracked up to be. My generation is getting OLD, and it isn't so easy to bitch that "old farts" need to "go out and get a job" anymore.....that the "they" is becoming "us".

Repeat after me, chilluns;, "We been spittin' in the Wind."
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Repeat after me, chilluns;, "We been pissin' into the Wind."
Fixed that Dave. No reason to soften it up for our Repub friends here.
"Whistling past the graveyard," comes to mind, too.
I have a hard time with these shitassed assertions that Medicare and SS are entitlements. Actually, it's the rightys rewriting of the definition of the word entitled that sticks in my craw. Like paying into a system and expecting the benefits when they are due and needed is somehow being an entitled, selfish and lazy slacker.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:34 PM

He needs to fall on his .38. I would think by now, that Romney would have sent a couple "gentlemen" to have a serious "discussion" about his staying in the race. I'm sure his arm could have been "twisted" so to speak. This is what vanity gets you. The only thing I can hope for is Biden saying something even more stupid to change the news cycle.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
And another thing, these GOP anti-abortion folks need to rethink the entire issue if they plan on having a viable party in the future.
That's true... or it would be true if it wasn't already too late. The GOP will never do anything to alienate the fundies. If they didn't have all those priests and preachers campaigning from the pulpit they'd be in a truly sorry state.

John
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I would think by now, that Romney would have sent a couple "gentlemen" to have a serious "discussion" about his staying in the race.
I'd be surprised if that hadn't happened, plus some rather pointed suggestions about campaign funds and a lack of committee appointments in his future from Cornyn. The GOPers, to their credit, want this guy gone last week.

John
Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
He needs to fall on his .38. I would think by now, that Romney would have sent a couple "gentlemen" to have a serious "discussion" about his staying in the race. I'm sure his arm could have been "twisted" so to speak. This is what vanity gets you. The only thing I can hope for is Biden saying something even more stupid to change the news cycle.
What's amusing is that he didn't say anything that didn't reflect the GOP platform or their voting record in Congress. He just demonstrated a fundamental truism - when a Tea Partier tries to speak cogently on any subject, they make complete fools of themselves, just as Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell did in NV and DE.

In defense of his moronic statement on abortion, today he said “We believe taking this stand is going to strengthen our country — going to strengthen, ultimately, the Republican Party. What we’re doing here is standing on a principle of what America is.” These delusional fools will ultimately spell the end of the GOP or the country, whichever comes first.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
The only thing I can hope for is Biden saying something even more stupid to change the news cycle.

Your wish shall be granted. Stay tuned.