Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
The Donald will be doing all he can to keep the spotlight's focus. The pole that resonates strongly around him is a potential force behind which a true American fascist could do damage to our republic. These two polarizing/unlikable candidates are a product our growing - uniquely fascist - way of life.

How is our way of life fascist?

And you are like Trump denigrating the American democratic system.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
How is our way of life fascist?

And you are like Trump denigrating the American democratic system.
Participants are the last to see.

And no, I'm not.

Last edited by nailer; 10-21-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:

And no, I'm not.
You are a troll then.

Write one paragraph showing how our society is fascist.

Give examples.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
First they came for the Soci@lists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Soci@list.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—
And there was no one left to speak for me.

Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) was a prominent Protestant pastor who emerged as an outspoken public foe of Adolf Hitler and spent the last seven years of Nazi rule in concentration camps.

Quote:
And no, I'm not.
And what if you were? Is "denigrating the American democratic system" a crime these days?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:12 PM

Actually there is no polarization in California, Colorado, and most of the other states Hillary is going to win. Not liking either candidate does not equate to polarization.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Actually there is no polarization in California, Colorado, and most of the other states Hillary is going to win. Not liking either candidate does not equate to polarization.
How do you know that? Not liking either candidate but being forced to vote for one, or electing not to vote at all, will lead to polarization. Then there are those voting for H--> that are not supporting her candidacy but voting to keep Trump out of the WH. You expect them to continue to support H--> after the election?
Old 10-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
How do you know that? Not liking either candidate but being forced to vote for one, or electing not to vote at all, will lead to polarization. Then there are those voting for H--> that are not supporting her candidacy but voting to keep Trump out of the WH. You expect them to continue to support H--> after the election?
If she is POTUS then not supporting her would be the epitome of stupidity.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Hey Dude,
I live in Colorado. We have never been more polarized. I have seen and been involved in more heated arguments than ever before.
Where people use to talk politics, it is silent, for fear of anger and frustration spewing forth.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Hey Dude,
I live in Colorado. We have never been more polarized. I have seen and been involved in more heated arguments than ever before.
Where people use to talk politics, it is silent, for fear of anger and frustration spewing forth.
You may be polarized but most of your friends and neighbors that are voting for Hillary are not. Or if not your neighbors all those men and women in the suburbs around Denver. Just because you say things are polarized does not make it true. People arguing about how bad things are while the nation votes into office Hillary Clinton does not mean polarization. If we were polarized the election would be too close to call right now.

Yeah the people that voted for Trump in the primaries are polarized from the so called "coastal elites" that Hillary and her supporters are sometimes unfairly called. But that is not same population of Americans that are voting right now.

You just are not a Democrat most likely. So you probably don't see reality the same way that I see it.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
You may be polarized but most of your friends and neighbors that are voting for Hillary are not. Or if not your neighbors all those men and women in the suburbs around Denver. Just because you say things are polarized does not make it true. People arguing about how bad things are while the nation votes into office Hillary Clinton does not mean polarization. If we were polarized the election would be too close to call right now.

Yeah the people that voted for Trump in the primaries are polarized from the so called "coastal elites" that Hillary and her supporters are sometimes unfairly called. But that is not same population of Americans that are voting right now.

You just are not a Democrat most likely. So you probably don't see reality the same way that I see it.
I think you missed the point of my first post. It has little to do with hillary or trump, rather the animosity that exists between the members of the two parties.