Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Good to see you're doing well. Omicron is sweeping through the shop, now. These idiot Trumpers are catching it and going out. So far, they are coming back healthy but only because most finally caved and got vaccinated some time ago. Of course they'll never admit it but, I don't care. So long as they're okay.

Bob, what todays Conservatives call "freedom" is anything but. Given a long enough timeline and despite setbacks and mistakes, Liberalism will ultimately win. We cannot give up, we cannot go backwards. Live to fight another day, my Good Man.
Amen to that and thanks my friend.

OT, I'm still enjoying those old Magnavox 150 biamps so it may be a some time before I send them your way. You are still first in line for these goose bump inducing tube amps.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:50 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Amen to that and thanks my friend.

OT, I'm still enjoying those old Magnavox 150 biamps so it may be a some time before I send them your way. You are still first in line for these goose bump inducing tube amps.
Oh, WOW! And I still have the Econowaves I built. I've been tweaking them periodically and they just keep getting better and better. Just let me know when you decide to sell...... Oh, I may be moving in a couple of years, if my retirement plans go well.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:27 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
I recall accusing Whell (and Republicans in general) of trying to foment "white victimhood" several years ago.........and here we are. It is, of course, utterly ridiculous and racist as hell. But I've got to hand it to them, it seems to be working. Trump rallies seem to be the place for fat white folks to skip work and fly in or drive their $300,000 RVs to and complain about how oppressed they are.

Sign of our times, Man. Suburban white folks and billionaire businessmen are the ones we're supposed to feel sorry for.

I need to be around this site more, I really miss the "old guard" of PC. Why am I not here more? Because politics used to be a fun sort of intellectual sparring thing for me. Now? I am just disgusted by 33% of the United States. Then, imagine living in North Central Idaho. Up here, Reagan would be a pinko, commie, liberal today.

Here? Babies don't get pacifiers, they get pink or blue revolvers in .22LR as "baby's first firearm." It's grotesque.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:33 PM
Ready

Meanwhile, in Florida, the Repubs send public health guy home from work for just suggesting that public health employees get vaccinated. It's getting totally Alice in Wonderland!
Old 01-19-2022, 11:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I need to be around this site more, I really miss the "old guard" of PC. Why am I not here more? Because politics used to be a fun sort of intellectual sparring thing for me. Now? I am just disgusted by 33% of the United States. Then, imagine living in North Central Idaho. Up here, Reagan would be a pinko, commie, liberal today.

Here? Babies don't get pacifiers, they get pink or blue revolvers in .22LR as "baby's first firearm." It's grotesque.
Good to see you Zeke. The last five years has been a real eye opener.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post

On my last visit to northeast Ohio, I discovered it's gone from the old dystopian nightmare of excessive union militancy to the new dystopian nightmare of Trumpism. My hometown is the one that elected a Trump-Nazi mayor and city manager who made off with $1,300,000 from the city treasury..... The town folk are blaming Democrats. This is the same city manager who sent word across the nation that Newton Falls, Ohio was to become a "Statue Sanctuary" for homeless Confederate statures. Imagine that, a town in Ohio hosting statues of John Calhoun and Jefferson Davis....
Old 01-20-2022, 11:47 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
On my last visit to northeast Ohio, I discovered it's gone from the old dystopian nightmare of excessive union militancy to the new dystopian nightmare of Trumpism. My hometown is the one that elected a Trump-Nazi mayor and city manager who made off with $1,300,000 from the city treasury..... The town folk are blaming Democrats. This is the same city manager who sent word across the nation that Newton Falls, Ohio was to become a "Statue Sanctuary" for homeless Confederate statures. Imagine that, a town in Ohio hosting statues of John Calhoun and Jefferson Davis....
Obviously, I don't know precisely what occurred but this is the sort of dumbassery I can't wrap my head around.

1. Trumper steals $1.3M.
2. Somehow, it's the Democrats' fault.

That's, literally, just not dealing in the Real World. How can anyone reason with such people?
Old 01-21-2022, 05:22 AM

Quote:
It is everywhere from the looks of it. They are going to takeover, then have no coherent plans, no real agreed upon agenda, just hate of and the total dislike of the current state of this country.

I just don't get it. For the most part the ones I know are selfish people who think they know it all, yet are so ignorant of facts. Relish this take pride in that they only get there information from others like them. Or from talking heads on their propaganda news networks.

Looks like once again lessons will need to be learned the hard way. By living through and suffering before the knowledge takes hold. I have become numb, since realizing they will be in charge soon.

Then once this happens with history as a guide. Once in power and not knowing just what to do. Will make bad choices, over reaching to the point of total chaos. With the many different factions vying for power because they deem to be the right ones.

Take a look right now we have deniers of climate change, deniers of proper health care for combating this pandemic. Believe in a autocrat to be the beacon of democracy, will have their backs. The very ones who have so little to begin with, will throw all their support to a party with little regard for for them. see January 6th as a day of pride. Just how do you fight this? Can't

Blaming Biden for inaction incompetence, when with the lack of senate doing their part. What can he accomplish? He is not a King after all.

The left is doing an almost criminal messaging on their agenda. How fast people forget all the battles fought in the past in the getting to where we are now.

This country as a whole has just enough of the spoiled selfish people. Wanting, yet not wanting to suffer to get it.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:36 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
It is everywhere from the looks of it. They are going to takeover, then have no coherent plans, no real agreed upon agenda, just hate of and the total dislike of the current state of this country.

I just don't get it. For the most part the ones I know are selfish people who think they know it all, yet are so ignorant of facts. Relish this take pride in that they only get there information from others like them. Or from talking heads on their propaganda news networks.

Looks like once again lessons will need to be learned the hard way. By living through and suffering before the knowledge takes hold. I have become numb, since realizing they will be in charge soon.

Then once this happens with history as a guide. Once in power and not knowing just what to do. Will make bad choices, over reaching to the point of total chaos. With the many different factions vying for power because they deem to be the right ones.

Take a look right now we have deniers of climate change, deniers of proper health care for combating this pandemic. Believe in a autocrat to be the beacon of democracy, will have their backs. The very ones who have so little to begin with, will throw all their support to a party with little regard for for them. see January 6th as a day of pride. Just how do you fight this? Can't

Blaming Biden for inaction incompetence, when with the lack of senate doing their part. What can he accomplish? He is not a King after all.

The left is doing an almost criminal messaging on their agenda. How fast people forget all the battles fought in the past in the getting to where we are now.

This country as a whole has just enough of the spoiled selfish people. Wanting, yet not wanting to suffer to get it.
You left out the bigwigs with connection to both parties who have no deep connection to the country.

They look around the world for the cheapest labor while organizing the just in time economy. Well Covid has f^^ked up the model.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
You left out the bigwigs with connection to both parties who have no deep connection to the country.

They look around the world for the cheapest labor while organizing the just in time economy. Well Covid has f^^ked up the model.
That has very little to do with the continuing GOP power grab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The Dems need to employ a strategy with the Repubs of divide and conquer. We need smart fighters leading the Democratic party and I'm afraid we have none. Or at least they aren't being given a voice for fear of the party sounding too radical I guess. Should the pendulum ever swing the other way for our democracy one of those radical Dems will have be pushing it.