Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Not defending dj but I could never stand this Sharpton ever since the Brawley case. Besides I am averse to reverends unless they confine themselves to marketing what I trust they have been trained to do.
Not being able to 'stand' someone should always be a red flag. Attitude like that doesn't grow on trees, but it has roots, so to speak....

The expanded role in black culture for reverends as community leaders dates back to the days when those were the only community leaders allowed to live.

The Brawley affair was crude and dishonest political theater, but it is not all there is to be said about Al Sharpton. It must be observed that he tends to push very different buttons for black and white publics. And he can be very well-spoken and reasonable in his presentation, when he wants to be. I recommend his speech at Michael Brown's funeral as an example. I think he's grown in his role.

Last edited by donquixote99; 02-24-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Not being able to 'stand' someone should always be a red flag. Attitude like that doesn't grow on trees, but it has roots, so to speak....

The expanded role in black culture for reverends as community leaders dates back to the days when those were the only community leaders allowed to live.

The Brawley affair was crude and dishonest political theater, but it is not all there is to be said about Al Sharpton. It must be observed that he tends to push very different buttons for black and white publics. And he can be very well-spoken and reasonable in his presentation, when he wants to be. I recommend his speech at Michael Brown's funeral as an example. I think he's grown in his role.
I had a therapist say once to me, use the remote. Switch channels or shut it off, and this was not about a TV show. I still follow this advice for the most part, especially for Sharpton I always use the red button.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

I have tremendous respect for his bravery...to put himself back out there
after being stabbed in Bensonhurst indicates some balls.

However overtime his value to the aggrieved has been compromised.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

Certainly not all there is to be said...certainly all that needs to be said. Very convenient for apologistas on the left to call what happened "political theater." It's not simply that a fraud was perpetrated...people were slandered. That's not theater, that is real life. A civil award against Sharpton was won. It's just too bad that Johnnie Cochran anted up for Sharpton. Seeing a world-class narcissistic liar like Al being hit with a tidy garnishment would have been most satisfying. But why are we surprised that a religious leader from the black community should not be expected to own up. It's not like Jesse ever owned up for "hymies from hymietown" either.

The day I found out he had been hired by MSNBC was the day MSNBC was permanently deleted from our favorite channel list. As far as his speech at the Brown funeral is concerned, Al Sharpton is in no fucking position to be telling America or anybody in America how they oughta be behaving.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-24-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Certainly not all there is to be said...certainly all that needs to be said.
Yes, for the lizard-brained among us. Visceral reactions are all that matter, right?

Quote:
But why are we surprised that a religious leader from the black community should not be expected to own up.
Hmmm....... and why exactly are you not surprised?

Quote:
The day I found out he had been hired by MSNBC was the day MSNBC was permanently deleted from our favorite channel list.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Banned

Now who's got the stiffo, eh?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Now who's got the stiffo, eh?
Vi@gra's too expensive to waste on you.

Ike: "But why are we surprised that a religious leader from the black community should not be expected to own up."

Me: "Hmmm....... and why exactly are you not surprised?"

So, not going to answer?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Vi@gra's too expensive to waste on you.

Ike: "But why are we surprised that a religious leader from the black community should not be expected to own up."

Me: "Hmmm....... and why exactly are you not surprised?"

So, not going to answer?
I read hereabouts that history has dictated that we shouldn't expect it. So I don't. Thus my lack of any expectation of it. The behavior of Mssrs. Sharpton and Jackson are evidence enough for me.

Sorry about your Vi@gra requirement for achievement of tumescence. It's a damn shame. Not to mention TM-fucking-I.