Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2024, 10:54 AM

Trump businesses received $7.8 million in foreign payments during presidency
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ng-presidency/

Unlike the idiot Comer's fake "evidence" on Biden, there is real, hard, factual evidence here, Whell, you moron.

Quote:
Before Comer’s chairmanship, Mazars had started document production and turned over a subset of documents to Oversight Committee Democrats, led by ranking Democrat Jamie Raskin (Md.). That tranche of documents showed payments by foreign governments to three Trump properties in New York, D.C. and Las Vegas. Committee investigators also identified, from public records, significant spending at a fourth Trump property, Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:03 PM

James Comer searched for China link to Biden — but Oversight found Trump instead
https://www.rawstory.com/amp/trump-f...402-2666871402

Our village idiot desperately wants us to believe Comer’s lies. Sad.
Old 01-04-2024, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post

Unlike the idiot Comer's fake "evidence" on Biden, there is real, hard, factual evidence here, Whell, you moron.
Quote:
Before Comer’s chairmanship, Mazars had started document production and turned over a subset of documents to Oversight Committee Democrats, led by ranking Democrat Jamie Raskin (Md.). That tranche of documents showed payments by foreign governments to three Trump properties in New York, D.C. and Las Vegas. Committee investigators also identified, from public records, significant spending at a fourth Trump property, Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York.
... but nobody wants to discus money laundering.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:07 PM

Quote:

You crack me up Chicklet. Jeremy Raskin and WaPo apparently just uncovered that Trump owns a business, and it took years of litigation for both of them to figure it out. Funny that WaPo fails to mention that Trump turned over managing the business to his family during his presidency. I guess that doesn't matter since the left regards any and all business owners as crooks and thieves.

Now, I wonder if WaPo bothered to look at the history. For example:

At a rally in Alabama in 2015, Mr. Trump suggested that he had benefited from the Saudis in his residential business, saying: “Saudi Arabia — and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

So, years before he ran for president, Trump had business deals with the Saudis and numerous other countries. Those business dealings continued during his presidency while his kids ran the business. So what?

You're such a freaking tool.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:17 PM

...and Whell continues to believe every MAGA lie in their playbook. Sad!
Old 01-04-2024, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I notice you side-stepped the question. You seem unwilling or unable to explain the significance of the article you posted, or whether its significant at all. So, I'll ask again: So what?
Old 01-04-2024, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I notice you side-stepped the question. You seem unwilling or unable to explain the significance of the article you posted, or whether its significant at all. So, I'll ask again: So what?
You've been sidestepping EXACTLY the same question here for months, now, regarding your MAGA pals' accusations (lies).
Old 01-04-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Ain't he speshull.
Old 01-04-2024, 07:06 PM
Admin

Quote:
You crack me up Chicklet. Jeremy Raskin and WaPo apparently just uncovered that Trump owns a business, and it took years of litigation for both of them to figure it out. Funny that WaPo fails to mention that Trump turned over managing the business to his family during his presidency. I guess that doesn't matter since the left regards any and all business owners as crooks and thieves.

Now, I wonder if WaPo bothered to look at the history. For example:

At a rally in Alabama in 2015, Mr. Trump suggested that he had benefited from the Saudis in his residential business, saying: “Saudi Arabia — and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

So, years before he ran for president, Trump had business deals with the Saudis and numerous other countries. Those business dealings continued during his presidency while his kids ran the business. So what?

You're such a freaking tool.
You're full of crap, as usual Mike Whell.
Old 01-04-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Before Comer’s chairmanship, Mazars had started document production and turned over a subset of documents to Oversight Committee Democrats, led by ranking Democrat Jamie Raskin (Md.). That tranche of documents showed payments by foreign governments to three Trump properties in New York, Washington and Las Vegas. Committee investigators also identified, from public records, significant spending at a fourth Trump property, Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York.

“These payments were made while these governments were promoting specific foreign policy goals with the Trump Administration and even, at times, with President Trump himself, and as they were requesting specific actions from the United States to advance their own national policy objectives,” according to the 155-page report released Thursday.