Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I believe they are starting to frack in LA!

The natural gas in under tremendous pressures so is oil for that matter. So one would be foolish not to wounder what will happen when the pressue is messed with. Then knowing human nature as I do, add the quest for a quick profit. Adds up to a disaster that will be of our own doing.

But this will get little attention because we are distracted by issues like Syria and their chemical attacks on fellow countrymen. But we have companies poisoning our land and water, causing earthquakes and it is alright. Because we need the energy.

Barney
I know we have been fighting it off. That would qualify as pure insanity just like running a sand oil pipeline through agricultural and underground water supplies when it is totally unnecessary in order to save a few dollars.

Carl
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=crea...2F%3B500%3B375

We've done this before here but why not a nice picture of the children and the raptors living in harmony....
that one picture looks sort of like Sarah Palin with a raptor

well I guess it is supposed to be a young girl but the hair reminds me of her lol
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=crea...2F%3B500%3B375

We've done this before here but why not a nice picture of the children and the raptors living in harmony....
What is interesting is that in every depiction of Adam and Eve they both have navels.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
What is interesting is that in every depiction of Adam and Eve they both have navels.
Now that's funny to me! OOPS!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Area Man

I always found the fact that we are to consider eating the fruit from "The Tree of Knowledge" to be a BAD thing?

Well, I guess having knowledge of good and evil IS bad..............

When certain people want to restrict your knowledge to what THEY want you to believe.

Dave
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

What that means is that we decide what is good and evil, not God. It really has nothing to do with facts or information. Agreed though there's plenty of charlatans out there.

I have to change the lyrics of 'Peace in the Valley' from 'the beasts of the wild shall be led by a child' to 'the raptors of the wild....'

Pete
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I always found the fact that we are to consider eating the fruit from "The Tree of Knowledge" to be a BAD thing?

Well, I guess having knowledge of good and evil IS bad..............

When certain people want to restrict your knowledge to what THEY want you to believe.

Dave
Well if you have read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller the main character wonders why God specificially pointed out to Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit. God could have not said anything. He basically says "Hey you two do anything you want just don't eat anything off that one tree right there...you see it? Do not eat that fruit!!!"

of course she wants to eat it after that ...
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Well if you have read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller the main character wonders why God specificially pointed out to Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit. God could have not said anything. He basically says "Hey you two do anything you want just don't eat anything off that one tree right there...you see it? Do not eat that fruit!!!"

Still blaming poor Eve?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post

Major Major.......
Old 09-06-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Still blaming poor Eve?
Didn't she tempt him with the Apple?

Vacation Bible School was many moons ago lol