Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It'll be interesting if NBC is held liable for defaming Zimmerman. What they did certainly was a breach of journalistic ethics, not that I expect much in terms of ethics from broadcast journalism anymore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...inst-nbc-news/
Old 07-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Abby Normal

"A verdict of not guilty is not a finding of self-defense or that Trayvon Martin did anything wrong; it is a verdict of not proved beyond a reasonable doubt."
Old 07-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It'll be interesting if NBC is held liable for defaming Zimmerman. What they did certainly was a breach of journalistic ethics, not that I expect much in terms of ethics from broadcast journalism anymore.

I don't see why they felt it necessary. One read of the 911 call transcripts reveals what he is.

Remember, a finding of innocence due to unclear evidence at some point doesn't necessarily mean he is not guilty. It just means he can't be convicted.

The guy we let go when I served on jury duty was guilty as hell and everyone in the courtroom knew it. We just couldn't convict him because of that one little shadow of a doubt.

Zimmerman stalked and killed Treyvon Martin. The young man had done absolutely nothing to warrant being followed in the first place. Nothing.

The system didn't punish him, but the people will. For a long, long time.

Dave
Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I don't see why they felt it necessary. One read of the 911 call transcripts reveals what he is.

Remember, a finding of innocence due to unclear evidence at some point doesn't necessarily mean he is not guilty. It just means he can't be convicted.

The guy we let go when I served on jury duty was guilty as hell and everyone in the courtroom knew it. We just couldn't convict him because of that one little shadow of a doubt.

Zimmerman stalked and killed Treyvon Martin. The young man had done absolutely nothing to warrant being followed in the first place. Nothing.

Dave
Perhaps so, but I find the show trial spectacle based upon the media/special interests deliberately injecting their proxy issues highly distasteful. The whole thing was a sorry media spectacle and I refuse to give in to them trying to manipulate me by pulling the right strings with their 24/7 coverage.

If it happened in my community, I'd care and be interested. It didn't and I'm not.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:

Dave
"A verdict of not guilty is not a finding of self-defense or that Trayvon Martin did anything wrong; it is a verdict of not proved beyond a reasonable doubt."
Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hey no fair being reasonable Finn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Precisely.

In sum, those who would support Zimmerman are merely protecting their own metallic phallus and similar (fearful) ideology.
Our metallic phalluses are safe, for now. I will remain fearful about them into the future though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Amen. Also pray for the Martin family as they mourn the loss of their child.
One nation, under God.
Hear hear.

Quote:
Oh, spare me your ".....prayers for the Martin family ".....sanctimonious drivel. You don't give a shit about them. You guys make me want to vomit. That kid was killed for no good reason and YOU DON'T CARE.
As you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
At the risk of sounding even more apathetic, it's because it's of no consequence.

People are killed every day. And while I may go to Hell for saying so, the sanctity of human life is overplayed.

The cheapest commodity on the planet is human life. Simply because we're the only species which can appreciate just how precious life is, but continue to murder not only one another, but anything else that pleases us.

For being the epitome of intelligence on Planet Earth, we are as dumb as a day old pig.

We pass judgment. We believe in good or bad. The one thing which we refuse to admit to ourselves is that we're really no different than the wolf...other than we drive better automobiles.

Chas
Agreed. Although there are those who like to believe human nature is changeable.

I'd like to give kudos to the black community for their restraint.

Pete
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Pete
That is mighty white of you Pete.

Talk about insulting.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
They possess a reasonable fear of being shot with no consequence.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Admin

Quote:
Hey no fair being reasonable Finn!

Our metallic phalluses are safe, for now. I will remain fearful about them into the future though.

Hear hear.

As you wish.

Agreed. Although there are those who like to believe human nature is changeable.

Pete
My first comment upon hearing the verdict was "Burn baby, burn!" but then I'm a lefty cracker...I'm with Noone in that I think you're being insulting.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

Hardly defamation by editing out the dispatchers question, imo but then I'm no lawyer.