Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Who TF do you think you're talking to?
Somebody who has never been near or on the West Bank, it seems. If you unaware of Israel's designs on the West Bank, it's certainly due to your own willful ignorance. It seems you believe a lot more than you know.

I fully support Israel's right to exist and its right to defend itself. What I don't support is their tactics, just as I don't support Hamas' tactics. This crisis won't be solved by ensconcing 4 million people behind 30' concrete walls and periodically "mowing the grass."

BTW, the Palestinians on the West Bank had nothing to do with the Holocaust, other than the Holocaust ultimately cost them their homeland. Give it a rest with the Holocaust already. The Holocaust is not a vague concept to me. I lived within 30 minutes of Dachau for 5 years and visited it many times and have visited Yad Vashem in Jerusalem on several occasions. I also have a son and many Jewish friends living within range of Hamas rockets and several serving right now in the IDF.

Screaming "Holocaust" and "Anti-Semitism" are trump cards that simply don't work for me. They may have in the years before I visited Israel, the West Bank (and Jordan) on several occasions, but they no longer do. These are the screams of a clueless ideologue devoid of a valid argument.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I wondered about that myself.

How are the Jews that are now living in lush green Germany getting along?

Are them Nazis still buggin them?
Probably as well as the ones who live here. Which is to say I've never met one that punches a clock and the Ritziest neighborhoods around here are full of them.

I'm thinking we get the smartest ones, which is great. But the not so smart ones go to Israel and wonder why they must constantly worry about getting blown up..............

Dave
Old 07-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Around here they trash talk the Mexicans until they need a deck built. Then, they go looking for them. They love them some America until it comes to paying American wages.

Dave
Same here.

I'll bet there ain't a white Dude working outside today in that 101 heat Index.

All you'll find is Mexicans.

Taking our jobs away from us.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 07-27-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Probably as well as the ones who live here. Which is to say I've never met one that punches a clock and the Ritziest neighborhoods around here are full of them.

I'm thinking we get the smartest ones, which is great. But the not so smart ones go to Israel and wonder why they must constantly worry about getting blown up..............

Dave
There are plenty of very smart and industrious Jews in Israel and what they've done with their small parcel of land in a bad neighborhood is quite remarkable. There are more high-tech start-ups in Israel than in other spot in the world outside of the Silicon Valley. The area around Herzliya (10 miles north of Tel Aviv) hosts just about every high tech company you have ever heard of (Intel, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft...)

Many Israelis, however, live blissfully unconcerned about what going on in the West Bank or Gaza. Within the bubble of Tel Aviv, there are virtually none worried about being blown up. In fact, when a siren sounds, they leave the bars and restaurants to go outside and watch the Iron Dome fireworks above.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
He depends upon the reflexive support from some Americans (such as you) to realize this dream (in addition to the ignorance of the American people (such as Whell) of what's actually going on over there).
Finn - your attempt to come across as the "smartest guy in the room" don't measure up to the rest of your posts in this thread, that often read like press releases from the Palestinian Authority.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Finn - your attempt to come across as the "smartest guy in the room" don't measure up to the rest of your posts in this thread, that often read like press releases from the Palestinian Authority.
I've never read those. What do they say?

PS - Being the smartest guy in a room with you and Ike is no great achievement. The full extent of your respective arguments are "Hamas wants to wipe Israel off the map" and "Holocaust!!!" Not very compelling stuff, methinks.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-27-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:

Dave

It just seems to me that it would have worked out a lot better if the Jews had been given a nice slice of Germany to settle in, instead of making the Palestinians pay for the sins of the Nazis.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well cheer up Whell.

Your attempt to come across as the "dumbest dude in the room" is, as always, a smashing success.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, obviously, the brilliant idea was to leave Europe where they were treated horribly by Nazis and Communists and move to the one part of the world where they are despised even more......THE MIDDLE EAST?

Ike, I know it's an issue close to your heart, so your not going to bend at all. That's fine, I'm good with that. But, to me the above statement just about sums up the absurdity of it all. Who's the genius that ever thought a move like that wasn't going to turn out to be perpetually ugly?

I guess some see it as bravery.

I see it as foolishness and always will.

Seriously, Dude.

Dave
Israel was the option they were given. And they were given that option because, along with certain Arab tribes...Jews had as much historical claim to a piece of the dirt in the British mandate as anybody. So that's what the surviving Jews of Europe were provided. Seriously dude?...WTF should they have done? Say "uh...thanks but no thanks...we're gonna stay here with the collaborators who would have been pretty much as happy to see us eliminated as the Nazis???"

Yeah...seriously dude, that's what the surviving Jews of Euope should have said when offered a place...any place as far from Europe as they could get.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Another look at this conflict that I found interesting.

Shock-and-awe unlikely to work on Hamas, Gazans
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...emium-1.607444