Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Obama says

all schools will tune into him on Sept 8'th ( not an option ). He's going to speak to our kids .. while in school, rather than at home with parents standing over their shoulders.

But there is an option. Our kids won't be going to school that day, and from what I've heard from local parents .. the schools will be sorta empty on the 8'th. Thanks for the offer.. but we'll steer,advise,and raise our kids ourselves.

For what it's worth, a TN State Represenative came to our school today and passed out a card to each student. She said shes a 'Patriot' and don't agree with our President.She told them that folks must respect that Obama is in office, but she does not,nor does anyone else have to like, nor agree with him. I'm glad there are still folks willing to look out for our kids so's they don't get brainwashed.

"The address scheduled for September 8, 2009, does not allow for healthy debate on the President's agenda, but rather obligates the youngest children in our public school system to agree with our President's initiatives or be ostracized by their teachers and classmates."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/200909.../ynews_pl888_1

Last edited by hillbilly; 09-03-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
For what it's worth, a TN State Represenative came to our school today and passed out a card to each student.
So, she spoke to your kids while they were at school, without parents standing over their shoulders? Does that bother you too?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
So, she spoke to your kids while they were at school, without parents standing over their shoulders? Does that bother you too?

Not when that one person advises the kids the truth. And that is that every family can think for themselves and not be infuenced to believe in one man.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
all schools will tune into him on Sept 8'th ( not an option ). He's going to speak to our kids .. while in school, rather than at home with parents standing over their shoulders.

But there is an option. Our kids won't be going to school that day, and from what I've heard from local parents .. the schools will be sorta empty on the 8'th. Thanks for the offer.. but we'll steer,advise,and raise our kids ourselves.

For what it's worth, a TN State Represenative came to our school today and passed out a card to each student. She said shes a 'Patriot' and don't agree with our President.She told them that folks must respect that Obama is in office, but she does not,nor does anyone else have to like, nor agree with him. I'm glad there are still folks willing to look out for our kids so's they don't get brainwashed.

"The address scheduled for September 8, 2009, does not allow for healthy debate on the President's agenda, but rather obligates the youngest children in our public school system to agree with our President's initiatives or be ostracized by their teachers and classmates."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/200909.../ynews_pl888_1
this should cause a general walkout of the schools that day obama is crazy and a dangerously inept leader if he thinks this is a good idea. this is the same kind of thing the nazis tried

if he were to make this speach at say 7:00 pm then i would not oppose it

Last edited by stereocuuple; 09-03-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:12 PM

missouri stands up and says no to the comunist brainwash scheme'

Lt gov. calls it infringement on the rights of parents and students.

many many schools say they will not particapate.

dont need no more proof of the obama is a comunist theory he is a crimanal and he wants a relationship with youer kids.

this cant be for real can it?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
missouri stands up and says no to the comunist brainwash scheme'

Lt gov. calls it infringement on the rights of parents and students.

many many schools say they will not particapate.

dont need no more proof of the obama is a comunist theory he is a crimanal and he wants a relationship with youer kids.

this cant be for real can it?

Sadly, it's no joke.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:26 PM

"Deutschland, Deutschland, Uber Alles...." THAT'S what all those pictures of widdle kiddles in school last year singing the Halfrican's praises reminded me of... All Barry Soretoe needed was a toothbrush moustache, & he was THERE...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 PM

Just imagine the outcry if Shrub had attempted to address all of the grade school kids and have them write an essay on how they could help him advance HIS agenda.

Chas
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM

I won't mention that Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush did this too, during their terms and at the beginning of the school year. This is about staying in school and doing well in classes, etc. What the heck is with you guys?!

I'm going to say it loud and say it clear, you guys can't stand the fact that a black man is in the White House--get over it.

You are once again drinking the Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Fox News, Conservative Talking Points Kool-Aid--get an original thought once in a while, for real.

Last edited by wajobu; 09-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
I won't mention that Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush did this too.

This is about staying in school and doing well in classes, etc. Relax guys--take a powder.

I'm going to say it loud and say it clear, you guys can't stand the fact that a black man is in the White House--get over it.

You nay sayers are once again drinking the Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Fox News Kool-Aid--get an original thought once in a while, for real.
I don't think Reagan and Bush did it quite like this.

Now I have an original thought. If Rush, Beck, Fox, etc. changed their commentary to where the majority of their viewers disagreed with them, well, their ratings would be falling faster than Obama's and the Democrat's.

These people simply reflect the views of the majority of their viewers. And you don't have to be a liberal to be capable of rational thought. Personally, I think the distaste that most liberals have for Rush and Fox is because they don't want a forum with views that are contrary to their own.

And one more original thought. The Fourth Estate has always been bias and manipulative. And after watching ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...right on down the line, I don't see where Fox has a monopoly on propaganda.

Chas