Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I see that you've abandoned whataboutery for the straw man.
True enough.

Going tangentially, I think the conclusion of whell's well laid out path is the we should abolish the country which is what I sometimes perceives as the radical blue and radical red objective.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I see that you've abandoned whataboutery for the straw man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You're as morally bankrupt as your Pariah President.
I see you continue to be dismissive of constructive dialog. You advocate opening Pandora's box. But why is a discussion about how to close it, or even if it can be closed once opened, considered "whataboutery" (the new lefty term that's rolled out when a lefty doesn't want to "go there", I guess...).

Oh, in case you doubt me on this, here you go:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...my_family.html
Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
True enough.

Going tangentially, I think the conclusion of whell's well laid out path is the we should abolish the country which is what I sometimes perceives as the radical blue and radical red objective.
Nope. Per my note above, we seem to be willing to open the Pandora's box, but there's not plan to deal with everything that might come out of it.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I see you continue to be dismissive of constructive dialog. You advocate opening Pandora's box. But why is a discussion about how to close it, or even if it can be closed once opened, considered "whataboutery" (the new lefty term that's rolled out when a lefty doesn't want to "go there", I guess...).

You call that rant "constructive dialog"?
Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I see you continue to be dismissive of constructive dialog....
Defending every single repugnant thing Trump does isn't my idea of constructive dialog.

Quote:

Stupid people can call for whatever they want, for example the Neo-Nazis Trump emphatically supports call for ethnic cleansing. The defacing of Lincoln, etc. represent an (over)reaction to Trump's profound malignancy, a large amount of which you and your ilk own with your mindless, knee-jerk defense of Trump's malignant words and deeds.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-18-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The raging controversy over Confederate statues has impelled Betsy DeVos to Google the Civil War, the Education Secretary confirmed on Thursday.

“People have been going on and on about the Civil War, and I was like, Betsy, what the heck are they talking about, exactly?” DeVos told reporters. “After a certain point, I decided I just had to Google it.”

DeVos said that she was glad that she Googled the Civil War, calling it “an extremely fascinating chapter in American history that people need to find out about.”

“Like President Trump has been saying, the Civil War had sides to it,” she said. “Although I don’t think it had many sides. I only counted two.”

DeVos said that, prior to Googling the Civil War, she believed that parents should have a choice as to whether or not their children learned history in the nation’s schools, “but now I’m starting to rethink that.”

“I guess you might say I’ve gotten bitten by the history bug,” DeVos said, adding that she was about to Google Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and George Washington.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Defending every single repugnant thing Trump does isn't my idea of constructive dialog.

Stupid people can call for whatever they want, for example the Neo-Nazis Trump emphatically supports call for ethnic cleansing. The defacing of Lincoln, etc. represent an (over)reaction to Trump's profound malignancy, a large amount of which you and your ilk own with your mindless, knee-jerk defense of Trump's malignant words and deeds.
Really? Folks on the left loved Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson, but that all changed when Trump took office??! You're either totally misinformed or spectacularly naive.

By the way, should we rename Fort Bragg, since it was named after a Confederate General? Fort Benning? Fort Hill? Fort Hood? Fort Lee?

Last edited by whell; 08-18-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You call that rant "constructive dialog"?
Yup. Legit questions given that removing statues and icons are all the rage on the left these days.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Really? Folks on the left loved Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson, but that all changed when Trump took office??!
Absolutely. Are you feckin' blind? Trump's profound malignancy is tearing the country apart, while you and your ilk defend every malignant thing he says and does. You have a ways to go to recover the standing necessary to engage in constructive dialog after all of your defense of the biggest destructive force this country has seen in a generations.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-18-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Listen to the rough, tough Neo-Nazi who was involved in planning the Charlottesville Neo-Nazi shit show crying like a baby because people are criticizing him. I guess he wants some constructive dialog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmWo8f7y2c