Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Admin

'Nuff said.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Ready

Obviously a man whose fine sense of honor gives him NO CHOICE but to issue the most serious challenge. He could not again lift his head otherwise.

Last edited by donquixote99; 07-25-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
And while you typed the above, the lefties in the Senate just inherited the mantle of the "party of no", by voting "no" on even engaging in debate.
That's because the lefties are there to make this country a better place for everyone, not tear it apart, eliminate everything good about it and turn it into a third world hell hole for the benefit of the 1%.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

'Nuff said.
Senator Susan Collins, caught on a hot Mic.

Quote:
"Well, fat guy. He's huge," Collins told Reed. "He's so … he's so unattractive, it's unbelievable. Did you see the picture of him in his pajamas next to this bunny, this Playboy bunny?"
She later apologized, but really, this dude has no business in Congress. Surely about as incompetent as Trump to lead.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Nah. Folks just express themselves in different ways, and we have to be patient and tolerant of folks choice of expression. Here, for example, is how Dems express themselves, in their typical reasoned and intellectual fashion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfbrz4obJNM

...with, of course, one of their elected party leaders applauding.
Make love instead of dueling? Sounds reasonable to me. (grin)

Here ya go Mike - https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
Old 07-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Senator Susan Collins, caught on a hot Mic.

She later apologized, but really, this dude has no business in Congress. Surely about as incompetent as Trump to lead.
Fahrentold looks like the illegitimate love child of Rush Limbaugh and Ted Cruz.
Then there's that other gem from Texas, Louis 'Aspersions on Asparagus' Gomert.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
More likely, your default argument is whataboutery, and you can't stop yourself from trying to use it to flip any criticism of the Getting Older Party.
The Getting Older Party? Funny how that type of age-biased commentary comes exclusively from the Dems these days, but usually its targeted at their own party's leadership. Way to expand the playing field, counselor. This coming in a thread where you criticize others for their choice of words. Bravo!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
That's because the lefties are there to make this country a better place for everyone, not tear it apart, eliminate everything good about it and turn it into a third world hell hole for the benefit of the 1%.
Right, 'cuz the best way to do that is to behave in exactly the way many on the left, including many right here in this forum, believed was reprehensible during the previous administration. The Dems have now inherited the mantle of the "party of no". So, please spare me your selective indignation.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
The Getting Older Party? Funny how that type of age-biased commentary comes exclusively from the Dems these days, but usually its targeted at their own party's leadership. Way to expand the playing field, counselor. This coming in a thread where you criticize others for their choice of words. Bravo!
Actually the name flows from the demographic profile of the GOP voters, which is disproportionately made up of older white men. The party's Dear Leader is doing little to change that demographic.

By the way, I did not criticize the choice of words, but I asked you if you approve of them. Do you? Are you willing to take a stand, or do you prefer sniping? I know, stupid question.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
By the way, I did not criticize the choice of words, but I asked you if you approve of them. Do you? Are you willing to take a stand, or do you prefer sniping? I know, stupid question.
What difference, at this point, does it make? The left has endorsed hateful rhetoric and imagery with mock beheadings, Dem party leaders chanting "F@ck Trump" at their meetings, etc. If that kind of rhetoric is acceptable, I fail to understand why you'd get your undies in a bunch with any other commentary.

Also, notice that you're criticizing someone's choice of hyperbolic language in a thread whose title hyperbolizes someone's appearance. I suspect that little piece of irony is lost on you, however.