Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Forget labor costs. Let's talk about the unaffordable new car prices.

If they are saving cost by building non-union, outcountry sourced cars, how come the prices continue to climb through the roof?
They will charge what they think they can get and in many parts of the country a motor vehicle is absolutely necessary.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Forget labor costs. Let's talk about the unaffordable new car prices.

If they are saving cost by building non-union, outcountry sourced cars, how come the prices continue to climb through the roof?
I bought a 1980 Honda Accord new for $7K, which in today's $'s is ~$22K, close to MSRP of a new Accord. Now if you go through what a new Accord's standard features include, it's night and day.

We also bought a new Honda Element in 2007 and a new HRV today costs about the same. What has indeed happened is that the average car that one buys has just about every bell and whistle one can imagine which is increasing the average costs up.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 AM

Last year needed to get a truck. Woman on a cell phone not paying attention totaled my 96. Still able to drive just to expensive to fix.
So went new truck shopping, everything on the lots were packed full of bells and whistles and be 4X4's. No work trucks to be found, they needed to be ordered. Up to six months of waiting! All I wanted was a 4X2 auto AC Cloth limited slip back seat, a step or two up from a work truck.
Patient man that I try to be was able to find just what I was looking for at my price.
Another thing they push is the extended warranty packages and insurance for upside down loan value.

Barney