Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
I'm sure they sat around all the time thinking that Confederate statue really bothers me.
At the time, what really bothered blacks were the segregated drinking fountains, bathrooms, restaurants, transportation, and trees that were used only for hanging blacks. And the police.

Statues didn't talk or segregate, at the time.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
At the time, what really bothered blacks were the segregated drinking fountains, bathrooms, restaurants, transportation, and trees that were used only for hanging blacks. And the police.

Statues didn't talk or segregate, at the time.
When I was a kid blacks were treated terribly. My closest neighbors were black and we played together in the woods behind the houses and why I had to go by a black school to get to a white school was curious since at the time I was not aware of the history of it all. Even had a "black" store which I went in regularly and was treated great.

They integrated the schools when I was in the sixth grade and there was nothing to it.

Now, I am going up to the store and spend some time with the old codgers that congregate there in the morning, probably 1/3 black.

Provided they are not so torn up about statues that they can't get out.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
When I was a kid blacks were treated terribly.
And now black Americans are treated just fine by white Americans all across the fruited plain, from sea to shining sea. You ridiculous nazi pig.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
That's right. When all you logic sucks just cry racism.
My logic is fine, thank you.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:31 AM

Slavery was the cause for the CW. PERIOD!
Once again the rich and entitled convinced the masses that a war was needed to preserve their way of life. But failed miserably destroying it instead.
That is the history needing to be remembered.
Now the racists are using the same time tested arguments to justify their agenda. The statues battle flag are symbols of hate to a segments of our society. The forced displays is a power play rubbing it in the face by those who are behind this movement.
Convincing some it is history or heritage. But now it also appears they will fail miserably with the removal of them all. Much like the removal of the battle flag from state capitals.

Barney
Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's right. When all you logic sucks just cry racism.
It's just the best when the blatant racists whine about being called a racist.

When you were a kid black people were treated terribly. No...really?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Slavery was the cause for the CW. PERIOD!
Once again the rich and entitled convinced the masses that a war was needed to preserve their way of life. But failed miserably destroying it instead.
That is the history needing to be remembered.
Now the racists are using the same time tested arguments to justify their agenda. The statues battle flag are symbols of hate to a segments of our society. The forced displays is a power play rubbing it in the face by those who are behind this movement.
Convincing some it is history or heritage. But now it also appears they will fail miserably with the removal of them all. Much like the removal of the battle flag from state capitals.

Barney
These monuments glorify murderous behavior and the length traitorous scum will go to when there are business interests that need protecting. Prior to 1793 the American south was a bucolic setting of various sized farms that enslaved a comparatively small number of sub-human vermin to do the stoop labor. But all that changed with the invention of the cotton gin. It took a Yankee inventor from Massachusetts to show pre-Antibellum southerners how they could really make slavery pay. Whence came the huge profitable plantations and the lazy-ass economic system that fit with southern temperament.

Sure, small half-starving farmers who couldnt afford slaves worked their asses off...but the big interests...the plantation owners and politicians...they were the people that over 600,000 Americans, who didn't own shit, died for.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-17-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
...say the alt-right marchers from Charlottesville.

Ahhh yes...the "Lost Cause."

Well listen up motherfuckers. The heritage you want to preserve is a heritage of racism, lynch mobs, and treason.

It's the heritage of Shawn Berry, Lawrence Russell Brewer, and John King...heritage guardians who offered James Byrd, Jr a ride home, beat him half to death, pissed on him, chained him to the back of their pick-up truck, and dragged him around the back roads of Jasper Texas until his body hit the edge of a culvert and his head was severed. The perps copped that they had slashed Byrd's throat and that he was already dead when they chained him to the pick-up. But autopsy results found that during the dragging, Byrd was alive and had attempted to keep his head off the ground until the culvert ripped it off.

Take your heritage and stuff it up your ass.
Let's start a petition to label The Band as a bunch of racists, and assure that all their music - including and especially the song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" - never gets another second of airplay on any radio station or streaming service. And let's also label Joan Baez and Johnny Cash as a couple of racists for covering that song and ban their music as well. Throw them all under the bus.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Let's start a petition to label The Band as a bunch of racists, and assure that all their music - including and especially the song "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" - never gets another second of airplay on any radio station or streaming service. And let's also label Joan Baez and Johnny Cash as a couple of racists for covering that song and ban their music as well. Throw them all under the bus.
Sure. The big bucks music industry is certainly not free from those who will do almost anything for a big buck.

Just keep in mind though that a lot of music is written about poor misguided ignoramuses who were, and are, too stupid and indoctrinated to know they're being taken for a suicidal ride by the one percenters. Be it in the 2010's or the 1860's. Thus, "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down." Where the protagonist is some poor white, disenfranchised, ignorant rebel soldier who never owned a slave and drank the kool-aid. Just like the poor disenfranchised white ignoramuses in the 2016 election.

PS - try not to be such an utter racist pig, eh?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-17-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:42 AM

I'm sure someone will ask Ms. Baez about it sooner or later.