Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 AM

I, for one, will sleep better tonight knowing that the President and his administration are telling us the truth.

I've had the misconception that they are the biggest liars of all.

Chas
Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

The guy who played the father on the TV show Ponderosa, Lorne Greene used to read the nightly news on the CBC before he got into acting. That's what we need here - news readers, not celebrity wannabees. And when they thank the XYZ company for sponsoring the news, then you know it must be the truth.

Frankly you can take FOX (and everything else Murdoch owns), CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC and MSNBC and shove them.

Last edited by merrylander; 10-20-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I, for one, will sleep better tonight knowing that the President and his administration are telling us the truth.

I've had the misconception that they are the biggest liars of all.

Chas
See, free speech at work.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
, and has been pointed out it's ratings are surviving.

D-Ray
Surviving? FOX beats all the other cable news COMBINED. The O'Reilly factor has been #1 in it's time slot for 8 years! Now their ratings are skyrocketing due to this silliness with the Obama administration (not that they needed any help). I enjoy getting my news from FOX for the simple reason that their anchors actually smile, and act pleasant. The lesbian and that other dude on MSNBC look like they are on the verge of chewing a gun barrel every night.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Surviving? FOX beats all the other cable news COMBINED. The O'Reilly factor has been #1 in it's time slot for 8 years now!
Why is that exciting?

There is one fundamental difference between the left and the right nut shows. Most left nuts don't watch the lesbian and Oberman (as seen in the ratings) yet the right fanatics can't get enough. Anyone have a meaningful explanation?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Surviving? FOX beats all the other cable news COMBINED. The O'Reilly factor has been #1 in it's time slot for 8 years! Now their ratings are skyrocketing due to this silliness with the Obama administration (not that they needed any help). I enjoy getting my news from FOX for the simple reason that their anchors actually smile, and act pleasant. The lesbian and that other dude on MSNBC look like they are on the verge of chewing a gun barrel every night.
As I've pointed out before, there is a lot of misleading info being spread by all of them. #1 in it's time slot? Dream on. #1 vs. other cable news nets maybe. Biggest fish in a very, very small pond. The "vast" Fox News audience is about 1% of the U.S. population. As much as we broadcasters are fealing the heat, we're still way above the cable folks. "Comin' down fast, but I'm miles above you". I'll worry when Beck can attract more viewers than Jeff Probst.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:36 PM

My point was that FOX is doing considerably better than "surviving". Let's talk about the New York Times best seller list instead.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Why is that exciting?

There is one fundamental difference between the left and the right nut shows. Most left nuts don't watch the lesbian and Oberman (as seen in the ratings) yet the right fanatics can't get enough. Anyone have a meaningful explanation?
While not a fanatic, at least in my eyes, I'll kick out a couple of points.

People can watch what they want, it's still a free country. And Fox draws the numbers. It's as simple as that.

Now I was watching the toe sucker (Morris), who is now in Rupert's hip pocket and a self promoter with the best of 'em, but he laid out a few interesting viewpoints.

According to his survey, and my numbers are approximate, 25% of Americans watch Fox News a few times a week. Naturally, the Conservatives make up the majority of viewers, but something like 17% of Democrats and 46% of Independents are in this group.

His point was, while the White House doesn't care about the Conservatives (lost cause), they are concerned about the Democrat and Independent viewers, because they may go over to the "Dark Side".

In other words, Fox has become too big to ignore.

And this ill conceived war with Fox is only drawing more viewers into their camp. The Obama Administration would be wise to go on Fox and make their case. They won't get a pass like they do on the other networks, but even Fox realizes that an ambush will hurt their ratings.

Just some thoughts,

Chas
Old 10-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
As I've pointed out before, there is a lot of misleading info being spread by all of them. #1 in it's time slot? Dream on. #1 vs. other cable news nets maybe. Biggest fish in a very, very small pond. The "vast" Fox News audience is about 1% of the U.S. population. As much as we broadcasters are fealing the heat, we're still way above the cable folks. "Comin' down fast, but I'm miles above you". I'll worry when Beck can attract more viewers than Jeff Probst.
Are you sure about your numbers? 1% doesn't sound right to me.

Besides, who is Jeff Probst? I have never heard of him.

Chas
Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 PM

O'Rilley is watched by about 2.5 million folks. Jeff Probst is the host of Survivor. Ratings are way off this season. Only about 14 million viewers.

For all his hot air, Bill can't get a fraction of the viewers a cheap game show gets.

Not denying his impact. Just putting it in perspective.