Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No, I dispute the implied conclusion that Fox viewers are more misinformed by Fox News than are viewers of other networks.

Not to mention this survey was conducted by The University of Maryland...I'm sure they have no political axe to grind.

I was push polled by the University of Missouri to see just how GREEN of a businessman I was. Their conclusion...I'm really quite GREEN.

I felt like telling the stupid sonofabitch I'm GREEN alright...I'm a walking GREEN ALERT!!!

Just ask anyone who really knows me.

But the dumbass got to ask his loaded questions and got the skewed results he wanted, so three cheers for him, huh? Guarantees his Federal Grant for another year.

I think I'll go flush a cigarette butt down the toilet, just for shits and grins. I've also got a brush pile I need to burn, think I'll start it with used motor oil. Might even throw an old tire in it, just so it doesn't go out!!!

Chas
Of course what you say is true but does that then mean that we dismiss all University Studies? They have been very important in the past.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Of course what you say is true but does that then mean that we dismiss all University Studies? They have been very important in the past.
Of course not.

The poli sci nimrods need some practice in loading a poll before they take their place in the entertainment industry.

Being armed with cherry picked data makes one look intelligent once they've arrived on the talking head circuit.

Chas
Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I know it's easy to dismiss university studies as potentially biased, particularly if they paint a picture you don't like. OTOH, I know a couple of avid Fox News viewers and they are the most misinformed people I know (by a wide margin).

I've watched Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly on occasion, and it seems obvious to me that they're trying to misinform and outrage their viewership. It seems they've succeeded. They should be pleased.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I know it's easy to dismiss university studies as potentially biased, particularly if they paint a picture you don't like. OTOH, I know a couple of avid Fox News viewers and they are the most misinformed people I know (by a wide margin).

I've watched Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly on occasion, and it seems obvious to me that they're trying to misinform and outrage their viewership. It seems they've succeeded. They should be pleased.
yep...
Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

It's getting easy for me to dismiss almost everything I hear as biased.

Chas
Old 12-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Area Man

Quote:
It's getting easy for me to dismiss almost everything I hear as biased.

Chas
But of course. Everything and everyone is biased. And I have come to the conclusion that it is those who try the hardest to disprove their bias, that are the most biased.

Dave
Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
But of course. Everything and everyone is biased. And I have come to the conclusion that it is those who try the hardest to disprove their bias, that are the most biased.

Dave
If you have to tell everyone how honest you are, then you probably...

Chas
Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Area Man

As an aside. Has anyone noticed that within the last few weeks Fox has begun to ring the bells of economic recovery, faint at first, but getting slightly louder with each passing day? They've even started a new segment--"The Road to Recovery". Anyone want to make a bet that by this time next month they'll be heralding all of the wonderous things the new congress has acheived? (In such a suspiciously short period of time and despite the persistent presence of the dreaded "Obamamonster".)

Dave
Old 12-23-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
As an aside. Has anyone noticed that within the last few weeks Fox has begun to ring the bells of economic recovery, faint at first, but getting slightly louder with each passing day? They've even started a new segment--"The Road to Recovery". Anyone want to make a bet that by this time next month they'll be heralding all of the wonderous things the new congress has acheived? (In such a suspiciously short period of time and despite the persistent presence of the dreaded "Obamamonster".)

Dave
You should be happy. You can make the claim that "even Fox News began their "Road to Recovery" segment while there was still a Democrat majority."
Old 12-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Area Man

Quote:
No, I dispute the implied conclusion that Fox viewers are more misinformed by Fox News than are viewers of other networks.

Not to mention this survey was conducted by The University of Maryland...I'm sure they have no political axe to grind.

I was push polled by the University of Missouri to see just how GREEN of a businessman I was. Their conclusion...I'm really quite GREEN.

I felt like telling the stupid sonofabitch I'm GREEN alright...I'm a walking GREEN ALERT!!!

Just ask anyone who really knows me.

But the dumbass got to ask his loaded questions and got the skewed results he wanted, so three cheers for him, huh? Guarantees his Federal Grant for another year.

I think I'll go flush a cigarette butt down the toilet, just for shits and grins. I've also got a brush pile I need to burn, think I'll start it with used motor oil. Might even throw an old tire in it, just so it doesn't go out!!!

Chas
Are we angry, Chas?
So, what are your thoughts about this anger?
It's really kind of an ugly feeling, isn't it?
Have you observed the way others react when you have an outburst such as this, and how do you feel about their reactions?

Dave