Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You should be happy. You can make the claim that "even Fox News began their "Road to Recovery" segment while there was still a Democrat majority."
Just taking notice. Next I'm sure I will start hearing from wingnut friends and family about how things are improving------even though not a fucking thing has really changed.

What was that Chas said about "Perception trumps reality."?

The tail wagging the dog and all of that, dontcha know?

Dave
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I though Chas was being sarcastically funny. Perhaps it's time to unleash the R12!

And OF COURSE the economy is improving, the GOP has the house

Pete
Old 12-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You should be happy. You can make the claim that "even Fox News began their "Road to Recovery" segment while there was still a Democrat majority."
This tactic comes from pp. 147 of their "Fair and Balanced Playbook" in which it states, "Don't lump praise too quickly on the GOP after a transition or the viewers may perceive our manipulative intent."
Old 12-23-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Are we angry, Chas?
So, what are your thoughts about this anger?
It's really kind of an ugly feeling, isn't it?
Have you observed the way others react when you have an outburst such as this, and how do you feel about their reactions?

Dave
Somewhat angry.
The only person who suffers is myself.
And I know how you react, you love it.
Consider it your Christmas present.

Chas
Old 12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Somewhat angry.

Chas
no reason to be angry, don't watch Fox
Old 12-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I though Chas was being sarcastically funny. Perhaps it's time to unleash the R12!

And OF COURSE the economy is improving, the GOP has the house

Pete
And has done nothing. Psychological?
Old 12-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Somewhat angry.

Chas
Thank You.

I just thought I would draw from my extensive experience on the "Anger Management" couch, and extend a friend a helping hand.

Dave
Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Thank You.

I just thought I would draw from my extensive experience on the "Anger Management" couch, and extend a friend a helping hand.

Dave
I do appreciate it, considering that you are far more knowledgeable of the subject than myself.

BTW, did you pick up anything in the classes, or are they just another money making operation?

My buddy, who was once a social worker, pointed out that he COULD change a light bulb, provided the light bulb wanted to change.

Chas
Old 12-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Area Man

Quote:
I do appreciate it, considering that you are far more knowledgeable of the subject than myself.

BTW, did you pick up anything in the classes, or are they just another money making operation?

My buddy, who was once a social worker, pointed out that he COULD change a light bulb, provided the light bulb wanted to change.

Chas
The first time, no. I was young and bursting with unstoppable energy. The counsellor was some hag that looked like the landlord in "Kingpin". And it was group therapy, there were some really pathetic people in that group. One dude cried in every meeting and kept trying to hug me. "David, how do you feel about Ronald trying to hug you?"---"I feel like Ronald is going to get folded, spindled and mutilated if he doesn't keep his f**kin' mitts to himself."
Didn't work out so good.

The second time was actually kind of fun. The counsellor loved to shoot the bull, and we would sit and talk away the whole hour about everything but the subject at hand. Not much good done there either.

I think the last time did it, though. I almost got fired. My boss was upset. "Dave I NEED you. This place needs you and everyone knows it. No one wants to let you go, but if it doesn't stop, we'll have no choice."
I was far more serious that time. And I had a counsellor that was very good at making me "face my demons" and at making me see myself as others see me. It was very uncomfortable, but it worked. I am forever in debt to her for that.

Dave
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
The first time, no. I was young and bursting with unstoppable energy. The counsellor was some hag that looked like the landlord in "Kingpin". And it was group therapy, there were some really pathetic people in that group. One dude cried in every meeting and kept trying to hug me. "David, how do you feel about Ronald trying to hug you?"---"I feel like Ronald is going to get folded, spindled and mutilated if he doesn't keep his f**kin' mitts to himself."
Didn't work out so good.

The second time was actually kind of fun. The counsellor loved to shoot the bull, and we would sit and talk away the whole hour about everything but the subject at hand. Not much good done there either.

I think the last time did it, though. I almost got fired. My boss was upset. "Dave I NEED you. This place needs you and everyone knows it. No one wants to let you go, but if it doesn't stop, we'll have no choice."
I was far more serious that time. And I had a counsellor that was very good at making me "face my demons" and at making me see myself as others see me. It was very uncomfortable, but it worked. I am forever in debt to her for that.

Dave
Good to hear it finally worked for you, life's too short to be angry all of the time.

As I've said before, I was almost 50 before I realized I was making myself angry. Once I figured out what I was doing, it was pretty easy to stop doing it. Although it is a bad habit and I do have occasional relapses.

I suppose group therapy works for some, but like yourself, it's something I find so repulsive that it has no chance of working for me.

Hypnosis doesn't work on me either.

Chas