Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Dad always told us if we had nothing good to say about a feller while he's living .... then the fact that he's dead don't change shit.

Guess I don't feel nothin' for him folks.
Seems like the family paid dearly for power...not to mention the women who married them. I agree its an end to an era. Caroline Kennedy Slossburg's attempt in New York was a fiasco.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sorry but he was a murderer who hid behind his party and family name.
I don't think he was a murderer, but most anyone else would have been charged with manslaughter.

Chas
Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 PM

i'm sorry for his loss to his family, but i'm glad he is no longer a senator. the man has served for longer than i have been alive. there should be term limits.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
Just the mention of his name to a snotty bureaucrat got my Dad's pension checks in the mail.
Exactly- the man got things done. That is the job. He didn't just talk about things, he did them. I heard the quote again today- GW Bush on Ted Kennedy. Wish I could find it, but he said something about Ted being one of the most effective legislators. He got things done. He worked across party lines and got legislation passed. He worked with Bush a couple of times and got things done. He found the common ground and put it in to action.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhound View Post
i'm sorry for his loss to his family, but i'm glad he is no longer a senator. the man has served for longer than i have been alive. there should be term limits.
Term limits have gotten California into one hell of a mess. No one needs to be accountable in the long term because they won't be around to clean up the mess they're making. Sounds good sometimes, but in actual practice, they suck.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sorry but he was a murderer who hid behind his party and family name.
That's how I see it.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Term limits have gotten California into one hell of a mess. No one needs to be accountable in the long term because they won't be around to clean up the mess they're making. Sounds good sometimes, but in actual practice, they suck.
maybe you're right, but career politicians suck as well. power corrupts, and the longer someone is in power, the more they are corrupted. i think it's inevitable.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 PM

I thought the media took Michael Jackson's death over the top. But this is turning into the biggest circle jerk that I've ever witnessed. As far as I'm concerned, a funeral is a very private matter. At least it is for me.

I'll be glad when it's over.

Chas
Old 08-29-2009, 12:07 PM

I've been thinkin'-Yeah, I know, that's ALWAYS dangerous, at least in MY case-& I've come to the conclusion that I don't think I'd wanna trade my miserable, mediocre, worthless life for a Kennedys' life..."The Compound"-Sure it would be neat to have a private place all to yrself on a paradise like Cape Cod- But Teddy couldn't do what Kevin & I did that night-Pop into the local pizzaria, & grab a pizza. He couldn't go loafin' at the local hardware store, shoot the sh!t w/the other ol' geezers sittin' out front, go take a swim at the local beach, whatever...a compound could also be called a "cage", in a lot of ways. The locals pretty much tried to take care of the Kennedys, & I think the Kennedys were friendly w/most of 'em, but still...You really weren't allowed to talk to them, much beyond a "Good Morning !" Ain't no way to live, to me...
Old 08-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I thought the media took Michael Jackson's death over the top. But this is turning into the biggest circle jerk that I've ever witnessed.
At least Ted was of some "real" value to sociaty.

A pedophile disturbed freak that only kept the masses entertained has only negative impact on sociaty.