Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-29-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Just a bunch of American patriots acting to save their country, right?
They would tell you yes. I think a bunch of idiotic moron trump patriots is the real deal. Making American entirely republican is the only way to save it, just ask trump, he'll set the record straight
Old 01-30-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Just a bunch of American patriots acting to save their country, right?
Yes and Trump is already lining up forces, of course based on yet another bald faced lie.

Trump Urges Biggest Protest 'Ever' if Prosecutors Investigating Him 'Do Anything Illegal'

Quote:
"If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protest we have ever had in Washington DC, in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere because our country and our elections are corrupt," Trump said during the rally on Saturday night.
"In reality, they're not after me, they're after you, and I just happen to be the person in the way," Trump later added.

Elsewhere it has been reported that for enticement, he is offering to pardon the Jan 6th seditionists.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-urges...llegal-1674348
Old 01-30-2022, 10:45 AM

When oh when will Biden start calling out tRump on his lies? Joe, acting like nobody's listening to tRump is going to be the downfall of your presidency and our democracy.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:46 AM

I think it will not be a civil war but a white supremacy insurgency.
Sort of like the IRA, people blowing up things.

My impression is that the red states think they will somehow end up controlling the Federal Government, and things like the Social Safety net i.e. Medicare, Social Security, Tricare and the Veteran Administration will be theirs to run and reward those that support them.

Stopping this process would probably save the United States in the long run.

If I was a Democratic president and red states decided to nullify the mid-terms in 2022 I would cut off Social Security payments to the citizens of those states. I might keep Medicare payments going for a while. It might wake some people up. And if you were Joe Biden you might have to ignore a Supreme Court ruling on the basis that the court was not legitmate because of GOP gerrymandering and Mitch McConnel's radicalism.

In other words a President might have to become an autocrat just to save the more or less "democratic Union' we have had since 1776.

The Trump base thinks that the worst thing that can happen is brown people crossing our
border in order to live here, not understanding that the real threat isn't people escaping Latin American governments but rather our government becoming more and more like those governments in Latin America that immigrants are trying to escape.

That is the problem when a political party abandons the concept of a "loyal opposition".

Last edited by icenine; 02-08-2022 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:57 AM
Ready

We're on the same page, Ice. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants her big divorce, enabled by 2nd Amendment methods. But she'd be sorry if it turned out to be a big divorce from all the taxes the blue states are pouring into the red States. She somehow thinks she's going to get bunches of support payments.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Rational Anarchist

The TRA will be more like the OPA than the IRA.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
We're on the same page, Ice. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants her big divorce, enabled by 2nd Amendment methods. But she'd be sorry if it turned out to be a big divorce from all the taxes the blue states are pouring into the red States. She somehow thinks she's going to get bunches of support payments.
Democracy is a fragile thing. If you have 40% of the American people who believe that Biden stole the election then the the Constitution is no more than a pinyata waiting to be cudgeled to death.

Last edited by icenine; 02-08-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Democracy is a fragile thing. If you have 40% of the American people who believe that Biden stole the election then the the Constitution is no more than a pinyata waiting to be cudgeled to death.
And we have one political party seeking to wrap their fingers around that cudgel.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think it will not be a civil war but a white supremacy insurgency.
Sort of like the IRA, people blowing up things.

My impression is that the red states think they will somehow end up controlling the Federal Government, and things like the Social Safety net i.e. Medicare, Social Security, Tricare and the Veteran Administration will be theirs to run and reward those that support them.

Stopping this process would probably save the United States in the long run.

If I was a Democratic president and red states decided to nullify the mid-terms in 2022 I would cut off Social Security payments to the citizens of those states. I might keep Medicare payments going for a while. It might wake some people up. And if you were Joe Biden you might have to ignore a Supreme Court ruling on the basis that the court was not legitmate because of GOP gerrymandering and Mitch McConnel's radicalism.

In other words a President might have to become an autocrat just to save the more or less "democratic Union' we have had since 1776.

The Trump base thinks that the worst thing that can happen is brown people crossing our
border in order to live here, not understanding that the real threat isn't people escaping Latin American governments but rather our government becoming more and more like those governments in Latin America that immigrants are trying to escape.

That is the problem when a political party abandons the concept of a "loyal opposition".
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I think the key would lay in electoral college reform, or it's abandonment.

This idea of defunding the most vulnerable people in the red states is nothing short of fascism, akin to social eugenics. So the old, the weak are targeted.

You think the Supremists would learn a lesson from that ? They might get more angry without even making a connection to their own behavior being the so-called 'cause'.

Or they might respect the decision to kill off the lame. Join in some kind of secret society with the people from this 'think tank'.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:33 PM

The idea that the Republicans are lavishing their poor, rural constituents with an inordinate amount of social welfare is absurd.

Break it down per capita, the poor in the cities receive just as much support. By percentage, by far, it goes to the populous 'blue states'.

Show me your evidence, I'll (most likely) rip it to shreds.

If you're talking about environmental clean up, after all the resources are stripped off to go the cities, you probably don't want to go there.

How many 10s of trillions go the MIC annually, to prep for war ? And we have to point fingers about the little amount of social spending. Start a city / country rivalry. Start a civil war, if possible.

Pathetic, that's what is. Oh no, we can't raise the debt ceiling for social spending.

Last edited by BigElCat; 02-08-2022 at 06:35 PM.