Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Well, apparently Joe 'The Plumber' Wurzelbacher didn't build that so the prosperity didn't really belong to him anyway.

Hard to believe people who grew up in the US can support this way of thinking in 2012... especially all the old folks on here. It must have rather sucked to have grown up for so long hating what America was all about. I guess Obama is their dream come true now.

Not hating America for what it was about...

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/04/30...st-generation/
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post

What the hell does that have to do with "manliness"? Women are incapable of those virtues?

John
Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post

Thanks for that link Painter. Lesson three was paticularly poignant for me. After Dad passed we discovered his Bronze medal he won in Pattons Third Army, 10th Armored division for his service in the Ardennes all the way to Austria. The Greatest Generation apellation is not a particularly comfortable one for those men and women who did their duty as they saw it. I for one class those brave women who flew all of those P51s to Europe, for example, as equals to the guys who flew combat mission after combat mission over Europe. Rosie the Riveter is also hero in my book. We "boomers" are thought of as beneficiaries of those sacrifices with little understanding of what it took to persevere through the Great Depression and the subsequent World War. It's true that for a lot of us understanding has come late in the game but some have learned at our father's (and mom's) knees what it means to be an American and we are damn proud and will bitterly fight any assumption that we are any less of a patriot because we are liberals! (as characterized by some self appointed charlatan wearing Lipton teabags stapled to a fake tri cornered hat) I was an active antiwar protester in D.C. during the early seventies and I am proud of it. I've been called many a vile name for that, unjustly so IMO but I know that Nixon was a crook and a betrayer of the Republican Party. These Tea Partyists seem to me to be cut of the same cloth and are hell bent on the destruction of the Grand Old Party.
My apologies for the long rant Painter but sometimes it has to be said. I loved that story about the gentleman who when asked, "What were you doing when you were seventeen?" I was thirteen/ fourteen when I was dodging the Capitol Park Police batons as they tried to ride us down on horseback for peacefully protesting the Vietnam War.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 AM

... (snipped: a bunch of drivel that appears to be trying to say that boba doesn't consider Viet-nam veterens war heros. If it wasn't so lame I would have automatically screamed charges of plagerism) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I loved that story about the gentleman who when asked, "What were you doing when you were seventeen?" I was thirteen/ fourteen when I was dodging the Capitol Park Police batons as they tried to ride us down on horseback for peacefully protesting the Vietnam War.

No wonder you didn't think there was anything worth fighting for when you were a teen. When I was that age I was having lots of fun. Chasing girls, drinking, listening to great music. I was too young to understand (or care) what a liberal or conservative, democrat or republican was then, but I figured I had it pretty good living in the country that I did and had enough respect for the freedom it afforded me that I understood and respected those who risked their lives to defend it.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Area Man

Quote:
... (snipped: a bunch of drivel that appears to be trying to say that boba doesn't consider Viet-nam veterens war heros. If it wasn't so lame I would have automatically screamed charges of plagerism) ...

No wonder you didn't think there was anything worth fighting for when you were a teen. When I was that age I was having lots of fun. Chasing girls, drinking, listening to great music. I was too young to understand (or care) what a liberal or conservative, democrat or republican was then, but I figured I had it pretty good living in the country that I did and had enough respect for the freedom it afforded me that I understood and respected those who risked their lives to defend it.
You ever serve in the military, Mezz? Or do you just show you support for our troops, while quietly making excuses....Like Limbaugh, Romney, Cheney and all the other Republican draft dodgers did?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-14-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You ever serve in the military, Mezz? Or do you just show you support for our troops, while quietly making excuses....Like Limbaugh, Romney, Cheney and all the other Republican draft dodgers do?

Dave
The last time there was a draft in the US I was 7. I was registered with selective service from ages 18-25.

You ever protest war veterens BlueStreak? Maybe spit on some soldiers. That would seem to me to be about the opposite of serving.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Area Man

Quote:
The last time there was a draft in the US I was 7. I was registered with selective service from ages 18-25.

You ever protest war veterens BlueStreak? Maybe spit on some soldiers. That would seem to me to be about the opposite of serving.
You are one of the most assumptive dumbasses I have EVER met. Do you know that? It shows the depth of your brainwashing...Props to the folks at EIB...Gotta hand it to them, they do beautiful work.

You could have volunteered. But, I guess it suffices to say you registered during peacetime just like we ALL did, because we were required to. WOW, what a great American you are....

I served, voluntarily, in the U.S. Navy from 1982 through 1986. I was at sea or on detachment for nearly the entire four years, serving aboard the USS Coral Sea and the USS Contellation with Fighter Squadron VF-21, Flight Deck duty, one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

I come from a family full of veterans. No, I've never protested against any wars, and I certainly would never spit on any veterans. I have a brother who served in Vietnam, my father and all of my Uncles served in WW2.

You Sir, know nothing but what Rove and his people want you to know and you can only think what they have progreammed you to think.

How does that feel?.....Stooge.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-14-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
The last time there was a draft in the US I was 7.
That's what I figured. No way in hell you'd put your sorry ass on the line for your country unless someone forced you to do it.

John
Old 08-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
... I was too young to understand (or care) what a liberal or conservative, democrat or republican was then ...
Note to Mezz:

You still don't.