Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:34 PM

“I’m tired of seeing a Ape in heels.”

Nice, makes me proud to be an American, this racist and poor excuse for a citizen of the USA has gone worldwide viral.
Quote:
CLAY, W.Va. — Officials in this tiny West Virginia town are fighting for their community’s reputation following a nationwide uproar over racist comments about Michelle Obama that prompted the mayor to resign.

Mayor Beverly Whaling, who had commented approvingly on a Facebook post comparing the first lady to an ape, turned in her letter of resignation Tuesday. Joe Coleman, the town recorder, said the resignation was effective immediately; officials here are now scrambling to replace the mayor, who had three years left on her term.

Whaling resigned a day after the director of a government-funded nonprofit was removed from her position amid the backlash over her Facebook post.

After Donald Trump’s election as president, Pamela Ramsey Taylor, who was director of the Clay County Development Corp., took to social media to comment on the upcoming shift from Obama to Melania Trump, writing: “It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House.”

She added: “I’m tired of seeing a Ape in heels.”

NBC affiliate WSAZ reported that Whaling, the mayor, then replied, “Just made my day Pam.”
Quote:
Tina Goode, a town clerk, said: “It wasn’t right, what was posted. We’re not like that. They are good women, and I don’t think they meant anything by it. We’re not a racist town.” Goode said she believed that Hillary Clinton’s supporters were responsible for making the post go viral.

Katie Payne, 16, who is black, said she was surprised by the reaction because “normally when people say things like that around here, it’s swept under the rug.”

The teen’s grandmother, Doris Neal, said the post was “disgusting,” but was not the first time something like this has happened. “Katie’s come home several times with complaints of [peers’] racist remarks,” she said. “One time, when she ran for student body president they teased her about buying watermelons.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.349786748281

Blame it on Hillary, nice one trailer trash.

Carl
Old 12-27-2016, 03:32 PM

Well, these are the uglies that are in charge now. better get a thick skin cause we're officially a white trash society.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Ready

Watch out with your 'we' there. They are a white trash society, but I'm not.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Michelle Obama is intelligent, beautiful and our President's backbone.

Post Ivanka, Trump's wives have been pets.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Michelle Obama is intelligent, beautiful and our President's backbone.

Post Ivanka, Trump's wives have been pets.
yea.......
Old 12-28-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Earlier, Taylor told NBC affiliate WSAZ earlier that she understood why her Facebook post may have been interpreted as racist, but that it was not her intention.

She said she was referring to her own opinion about Obama's attractiveness, not the color of her skin, according to the news station.

Taylor reportedly told WSAZ that the heated public response to her Facebook post had become a "hate crime against me," saying that she and her children had received death threats. She said she was planning to file a lawsuit against people who had slandered or libeled her amid the uproar, according to the news station.

In a previous statement to The Post, Whaling, the now former mayor, said her comment "was not intended to be racist at all."

"I was referring to my day being made for change in the White House! I am truly sorry for any hard feeling this may have caused! Those who know me know that I'm not of any way racist! Again, I would like to apologize for this getting out of hand."
Link
Wow, I didn't realize she is the victim in this. Interesting how these types always are the victims of their own hate crimes like an alcoholic in denial.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Link
Wow, I didn't realize she is the victim in this. Interesting how these types always are the victims of their own hate crimes like an alcoholic in denial.
Same goes for that shitstain, Carl Paladino (NY co-chair for Herr Twitler's campaign).
Old 12-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Ready

Here's the point!

Old 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Ready

And now I yield the balance of my time in this thread to Chris Kluwe:

(Caution--multiple f-bombs ahead. Others besides DT do not escape unscathed.)

Fuck You Donald Trump!
Old 12-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Area Man

"Katie Payne, 16, who is black, said she was surprised by the reaction because “normally when people say things like that around here, it’s swept under the rug.”"

Right. And this is exactly why Conservative, small town America does not get how the rest of us can see racism in their politics......... Because that sort of thing is "normal" in their world. If YOU don't see your behavior in any way out of the ordinary, in your mind.....it isn't.

Or, as my mother once told me; "Of course we don't want them here. (African Americans) But, you don't dare say it out loud........because it just isn't good. We're not racists."

Get it?

Of course Republicans and Trump appealed to white, rural fears and prejudices to win elections. But, they'll never admit that, ".....because it just isn't good. We're not racists".

Last edited by BlueStreak; 12-30-2016 at 06:50 PM.