Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I simply pointed out that the dispatcher did not request or instruct or suggest Zimmerman not follow.
Ummmm..........Yes, he did. Did you see his testimony? He said ".....we can't tell anyone what to do. All we can do is make suggestions." (Paraphrased.)

Bottom line; If Zimmerman had stayed in his truck and not (deliberately) engaged Martin we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But, some people just itch for action, don't they? "These assholes always get away."

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-11-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The marks on the back of Zim's head were not consistent with his story. Have put my head into places it did not belong I can tell you that a scalp wound bleeds like a stuck pig, no idea why but that is the way it is. Plus the prosecution used the defenses dummy to illustrate that the angle of the bullet wound in the lad's body was consistent with hism simply sitting astride Zim's body.

As to supposition ans speculation the simple fact is that Zim had no official capacity, he was asked or told to stand down.. Had he done so tthe lad would be alive and he would not be in jail.
Exactly.

Dave
Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
If you can't comprehend what I wrote, I guess it's not a big surprise you can't comprehend what the dispatcher said.

I never interpreted the dispatcher's words, I took them literally.
Others here are the ones who want to assign intent.
I simply pointed out that the dispatcher did not request or instruct or suggest Zimmerman not follow.

I appreciate your efforts in not being antagonistic, it's very civilized of you.
OMFG

You are the only person, quite possibly on earth, that thinks, "we don't need you to do that" means "if you want to follow him go ahead."

The dispatcher LITERALLY was saying, don't follow the kid.

It is surprising to me that you or anyone would not understand this simple English.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:28 AM

Everyone is so busy getting their dander up that they are failing to notice the most positive aspect of this whole sordid affair.

It's almost over.

Chas
Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Abby Normal

What was going on in Zim's mind the night of the killing had nothing to do with reality.

His fear for his life, if in any way he did feel this, was because he had totally misinterpreted the situation and had acted on his mistaken interpretation.

He did this in direct opposition to community watch rules and police direction.

Not only that, he had "set the stage" as it were by insisting on carrying a gun and taking martial arts classes. His intent was clearly to be Rambo and he sought out opportunities for himself to act out his fantasies.

He made more calls to the police than anyone in FL did (as best as can be gathered) and ALWAYS about the big bad black man.

This guy is not a murderer, he is a seriously insecure loser who through emotional need caused the death of an innocent child.

We need to protect the children of society, not target them for our Rambo fantasies.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Everyone is so busy getting their dander up that they are failing to notice the most positive aspect of this whole sordid affair.

It's almost over.

Chas
Don't you have to go to work?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Another opinion....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinio...ial/index.html
Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hey, Eric. Sorry for the "off your meds" comment, that was uncalled for. My apologies.

As Chas said, this has gotten to be the most charged up conversation in years on this forum.(or sumpthin' like that) Funny thing about Political Chat is we're all from AudioKarma and I have no doubt that in person we all would get over the political bs and enjoy each others company immensely.

Of course, some jerk would have to bring up those 'snake oil' oxygen free copper interconnects and then we would be off to the races again.

BTW, I took the Google Earth tour of your neighborhood tonite. Looks like a pretty nice place with a lot of old victorian houses. It kind of reminds me of parts of NW Washington D.C./Takoma Park, Md. where I lived in my younger days.
thank you & your absolutely right. i assure you this is what it is and i hold no ill will .

if you ever get to chicago come and see us please.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
thank you & your absolutely right. i assure you this is what it is and i hold no ill will .

if you ever get to chicago come and see us please.
But don't wear a hoodie?

To my knowledge, I am the only person in this conversation rocking the personal photo as an avatar.

In hindsight, perhaps this case hits close to home because I am not white and have made walking trips to convenience stores at all hours.

Sum? Zims would have plugged me for no reason, too...
Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Abby Normal

It's about time child abuse has been brought up in the court.

I have been saying this since the beginning.