Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM

Bitchslap? Just because they want to cut up something that has nothing to do at all with the budget issue in trade for, oh, that's right, nothing at all in exchange.
What a deal!

Carl
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Admin

Just grumbling that he hasn't been as tough on 'em as I had hoped for. I do like that he's stood his ground lately. We progressives have seen him cave more often than not is what I was getting at. Ferfukssake, the Dems are in the 'Ryan Budget' territory at this point. Haven't they gotten the memo that R&R got trounced in 2012?
Grumble, grumble...
Old 10-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
What I find galling are the mental midgets like Bachmann, Gohmert & Co. somehow saying that their motives/actions are driven by greater patriotism and knowledge of the constitution. I personally believe that some of these clowns have to know that their current tactics threaten the underpinning of our democracy (i.e., a small minority in one half of one of the 3 branches of government holding the country hostage to their demands).
I can see where that sort of behavior frosts your ass. I take a dim view of any "holier than thou" statements myself. It's kind of like never buy a used car from someone who feels compelled to tell you just how honest they are.

However, I do not see that they are out to destroy the nation. If they are guilty of that, then they ALL are guilty of the same.

As the old saw goes, if everyone thinks the same, then someone is not thinking. Let 'em slug it out, it gives 'em less time to steal our money.

Chas
Old 10-02-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Just the paychecks for active duty members. I'm sure that Ice and others have some choice comments about getting their pay being in limbo.
I've read that the funding bill included civilian contractors as well.

But I haven't read the bill, and so many people are lying through their teeth, I don't put a great deal of trust in any of them.

The one thing they are doing, and no one is admitting to, is playing hardball politics.

Chas
Old 10-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Admin

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...uch-worse?lite

S&P is already making noises about downgrading our credit rating again.
Oh well, none of that will put the bite on the wealthy mofos in their McMansions surrounded by walls. They better start looking towards buying razor wire if they crash the markets, tho.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
“During the course of my presidency, I have bent over backwards to work with the Republican Party and have purposely kept my rhetoric down,” the president said in an interview with CNBC. “I think I’m pretty well known for being a calm guy; sometimes people think I’m too calm. But am I exasperated? Absolutely, I’m exasperated. Because this is entirely unnecessary.”

Couldn't agree more, Mr. President.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1

Sounds like he's going to bitchslap Boehner and McConnell this evening, tho.
What he means is "I was smooth running over the Republican's asses, and the dirty bastards are managing to put up a fight. Of course I'm pissed that I may have to cut a deal with 'em."

Chas
Old 10-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've read that the funding bill included civilian contractors as well.

But I haven't read the bill, and so many people are lying through their teeth, I don't put a great deal of trust in any of them.

The one thing they are doing, and no one is admitting to, is playing hardball politics.

Chas
Dunno if Reuters has it right but here's the top dog general decrying this latest bullchit out of D.C. and the sequester debacle.
http://news.yahoo.com/u-government-s...3BtaA--;_ylv=3

"Odierno said military personnel will continue to be paid and soldiers on operations in places like Afghanistan will not be affected, but non-essential civilian employees will not be paid."
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What he means is "I was smooth running over the Republican's asses, and the dirty bastards are managing to put up a fight. Of course I'm pissed that I may have to cut a deal with 'em."

Chas
He could give them everything they asked for and they would change their minds before the Prez could sign his name to it. Fuck 'em, these sumbitches wouldn't be happy if Obama commited hari kari in the Rose Garden.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...uch-worse?lite

S&P is already making noises about downgrading our credit rating again.
Oh well, none of that will put the bite on the wealthy mofos in their McMansions surrounded by walls. They better start looking towards buying razor wire if they crash the markets, tho.
Does this mean that you're finally going to buy one of them pumpkin slingers you're always talking about and hoist the black flag???

Chas
Old 10-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
He could give them everything they asked for and they would change their minds before the Prez could sign his name to it. Fuck 'em, these sumbitches wouldn't be happy if Obama commited hari kari in the Rose Garden.
So long as he doesn't shoot himself and leave a suicide note blaming it on easy access to firearms.

Chas