Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Mueller is not the FBI, and the FBI is not Mueller. Flynn didn't negotiate a plea deal with the FBI, he negotiated it with Mueller. The formal court documents include information sufficient to get a judge to sign off on a plea deal.

If your right - and that would probably be a first - that the two FBI investigators thought that Flynn was less than truthful when he was interviewed, then Comey and McCabe lied to Congress when they testified, and that leaves the two of them open to legal action. So, did Comey and McCabe lie to Congress, or did Mueller create a fiction when he secured the indictment of Flynn? Its one or the other. It can't be both.
Delusional much? Your grip on reality is slipping badly, Mike.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Here's another bad day for Mueller: the Concord Mgt and Consulting lawyers challenging Mueller to put up for shut up and the judge agrees with the Concord lawyers. This also triggers the compulsion for discovery, which likely will demonstrate that Mueller has nothing.
It's interesting to see unpatriotic Trumpkins like you cheering for the Russians to get away with their crimes against the American people.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It's interesting to see unpatriotic Trumpkins like you cheering for the Russians to get away with their crimes against the American people.
Precisely how is the assurance of a speedy day in court for one of the indicted Russian troll farms "letting the Russians get away with their crimes", or "unpatriotic"?

Damn...you really are confused.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Delusional much? Your grip on reality is slipping badly, Mike.
Really? You and Finn apparently still think Flynn lied to the FBI, but I'm the one who'd delusional?

Fascinating.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Really? You and Finn apparently still think Flynn lied to the FBI, but I'm the one who'd delusional?

Fascinating.
Flynn thinks Flynn lied to the FBI as he himself attested to in court.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Precisely how is the assurance of a speedy day in court for one of the indicted Russian troll farms "letting the Russians get away with their crimes", or "unpatriotic"?

Damn...you really are confused.
I guess you're not smart enough to understand the reports written on this subject. The Russian government prevented the defendants from being served with court summons on this case, yet wants to use discovery to get a better understanding of how the intelligence community discovered their complicity (i.e., they have no intention of showing up for trial, but want to find out how to better hide their tracks on future computer crimes) and/or to see if the government will drop the case in order to protect intelligence information.

So, yes you are supporting the Russians in their efforts to either have sensitive intelligence without showing up to trial or to have the charges dismissed because of the governments refusal to do so.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Very well put. Never ceases to amaze me to what extent these Trumpdiots will go to support a corrupt person with absolutely no class or grace. This is like addiction or infatuation, there is no room for common sense.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:45 PM

Sounds like bribery to me.

Novartis official: Michael Cohen was 'promising access' after Trump election

Quote:
President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, contacted the drug giant Novartis after the 2016 election "promising access" to the new administration, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller later requested information from the company about the offer, a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday.

"He [Cohen] contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration." Novartis then signed a one-year, $1.2 million contract with Cohen.

The disclosure came after an attorney representing the adult-film actress who says she had an affair with Trump released a summary of bank transactions that he says shows payments from various companies to a company controlled by Cohen.
Now that is a BAM.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n872731
Old 05-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Sounds like bribery to me.

Novartis official: Michael Cohen was 'promising access' after Trump election

Now that is a BAM.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n872731
Lordy, I hope there are tapes! (Or emails)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I guess you're not smart enough to understand the reports written on this subject. The Russian government prevented the defendants from being served with court summons on this case, yet wants to use discovery to get a better understanding of how the intelligence community discovered their complicity (i.e., they have no intention of showing up for trial, but want to find out how to better hide their tracks on future computer crimes) and/or to see if the government will drop the case in order to protect intelligence information.

So, yes you are supporting the Russians in their efforts to either have sensitive intelligence without showing up to trial or to have the charges dismissed because of the governments refusal to do so.
LOL. You're either gullible as hell, or two stupid to put 2 and 2 together on your own. Mueller indicted the Russian firms anticipating that they'd never show up. He bet wrong. So, Mueller created this issue when he issued the original indictment.

The 13 people charged in the high-profile indictment in February are considered unlikely to ever appear in a U.S. court. The three businesses accused of facilitating the alleged Russian troll farm operation — the Internet Research Agency, Concord Management, and Concord Catering — were also expected to simply ignore the American criminal proceedings.

Then, to compound the impact of his failed bet, he potentially aggravated the judge by requesting a delay based on improper service, when the defense had already presented themselves to the court and demanded their rights - in response to the indictments - to start the process of discovery.

So, you can be pissed off all you want about putting sources and methods at risk. However, the correct place to vent your anger is Mueller for deploying a defective strategy.

But yes, now that the strategy implemented by Mueller is in play, the defendants absolutely have a right to a timely execution of the legal process that Mueller initiated. And it's hardly unpatriotic to point out that Mueller screwed up and that the defendants have rights.