Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-24-2023, 07:04 PM

I dunno, Donny's a little busy right now.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:07 PM

I thinking Russia getting it's @ss kicked and morale along with the horrendous causalities is driving this. Not forgetting the wealth squandered and prestige.

A way out being blaming the Generals not Putin was the thought and it failed. Putin not able to back down.
Rather do or die trying....
Old 06-25-2023, 07:25 AM

I'm thinking there's a lot more to this than we know and little to none by coincidence.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
It looks like Putin is fleeing Moscow ahead of the advancing Wagner mercenary force. I hope this is the beginning of the end of the war in Ukraine, and the beginning of the end of Putin.

I haven't read that the Wagner bunch is meeting any resistance on the way to Moscow. That's encouraging too.
Trump and Putin are locked in tight with each other...so WTF are you talking about? There are only two sides now...there's no middle anymore, you're either seditious MAGA or you're anti-seditious MAGA. Make up your fucking mind.

And this current situation in Russia...if Trump had manage to steal the Electoral College vote again in 2020 and was in office now...how catastrophically would he be fucking this up? Worse than anybody might imagine.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
More I read about what is happening, this entire episode either got out of hand or was staged. Makes absolutely no sense to me that Prigozhin with his Wagner forces went marching toward Moscow and encountered no resistance? And if Russian military mobilized their forces to stop the advance, where were they?
One of the more plausible explanations I've heard is that Prigozhin, knowing how demoralized the actual foot soldiers in the Russian army are, he gambled on them not being willing to fight and possibly die for the politicians and the oligarchs and he could march unopposed into Moscow. If Putin wasn't fearful of the same thing, why would he have fled?

But when it didn't happen, Prigozhin backed down and made a deal for his skin.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:56 AM
Ready

And Ptigozhin lands in Belarus. What will become of him there? Will he fall out a window? Lead a new offensive toward Kyiv? Take over from Lukaschenko the Old?
Old 06-25-2023, 09:21 AM

Old 06-25-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
And Ptigozhin lands in Belarus. What will become of him there? Will he fall out a window? Lead a new offensive toward Kyiv? Take over from Lukaschenko the Old?
Maybe a polonium poke in the ass with a magic umbrella.
Old 06-25-2023, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Maybe a polonium poke in the ass with a magic umbrella.

The always effectuve Putin polonium-120 smoothie.
Old 06-25-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I'm thinking there's a lot more to this than we know and little to none by coincidence.
Absolutely, but speculating is so much fun especially when the news we get is controlled by the state.

Putin (as mimicked by #45) thrives by creating chaos and Prigozhyn was doing his share and more with his daily barrage against Shoigu, Gerasimov and the entire Russian military. Were they unable to support Wagner's assaults leading to inordinate losses among Wagner forces? Are the Russian forces really undertrained and lazy as Prigo has claimed. And why did Putin allow Prigozhin to rant for so long since this is bound to demoralize Russian armed forces.

Why would Putin allow Prigozhin run his mouth when his army is doing so poorly in the war with Ukraine. After the initial takeover and occupation of Ukraine border areas, all Russia has been able to do is lob missiles and destroy Ukrainian cities and their infrastructure. In close combat, they have been forced to retreat every time.

I am still wondering why if Russia can bomb Kiev, its civilian population and infrastructure with impunity, why not arm Ukraine so that they can bomb Moscow? Where is the logic in this?

As to Prigozhin, will he actually go to Belarus and live under Lukashenko? Do they even trust each other since there is no history between them.

How will the Wagner forces be absorbed into the regular Russian army. Prigozhin had been recruiting them from prisons, so they are all criminals and said to be loyal to Prigo and and not Putin. How is this going to work out?

I think Putin has stepped into a snake pit and the Ukrainians are laughing their asses off, but very privately.

Back to Prigo, he has a lot of information about Russia's military capability and deployments in Ukraine and he is alleged to have established a back door to Ukraine's secret service.

His life isn't worth a nickel.