Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
This I followed and understood. Thank you for the lucid response. I am not sure I agree with all of it, but I am definitely going to spend some time on it. I have another video, "Money as Debt". It also touches on the points you have made.
I think, and I'd bet I am right, the banks and the top 1% money makers/corporations/CEO's/Charimans of the Boards, are one and the same folks.
ha ha ha I always say, Banksters Corporations and Governments are all one and the same. The media is there mouthpiece.

Thats why looking to politics doesn't change anything. But the head of the beast is the Monetary System run by the banks controlling the outcome and all below.

I just think Americans time would be better spent tackling the culprit not each other. We have a mouth pieces now with the net.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Economics 101, supply and demand, the more volume of a commodity the less it cost.
The supply of workers has overwhelmed the demands of production.
When a business produces more at a lower operating cost it's profit. Which is the whole premiss to running a business.
Good observations. The problem for the workers is structural, and the solution must be structural.

And the 'whole premise of running a business,' as you say, may not be optimum. Unless Scrooge had it right, before the hauntings.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Economics 101, supply and demand, the more volume of a commodity the less it cost.
Not always. It depends on the elasticity of the supply/demand relationship. A pretty easy argument can be made that labor costs don't follow the traditional supply/demand model. For example, the ratio of CEO pay to worker pay has grown 10-20 fold in the past 40 years. Has the supply of prospective CEO's diminished by a factor of 10-20 in these years? Does a company need a good CEO 20 times as much as they did 40 years ago?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

Well looking at the chart one can see the 08 crash. Were as layoffs occurred and the majority was the lower level worker. CEO's remand to still run the business.

Around 09 even those CEO's were losing their jobs do to failed businesses. As stimulus and bailouts happend companies were trying to hire the best CEO's they could find. High demand and low supply of CEO's gave the bargaining power to them. All the while there was still more workers to jobs ratio which keeps the lower level workers salaries down. This is seen at the end of the chart, today.

Are they worth it, thats the businesses decision.

What is more telling of the chart is the fast and high escalation of salaries in USD. This in fact shows the devaluation of the USD compared to labor and cost of living. It shows true inflation from 94 and up.

Looking at a metals chart or any other commodity we can see the same effect. The commodities did not change their value or volume. But when weighed against the USD or any other currency it appeared there value increased. The commodities value did not increase but the currency lost value.

Here is a silver chart and shows the same direction as the salaries chart.

One has to ask when seeing these. Are we to believe we live in a 2% per year inflation? And our wages are based on it?

Well it must be true because the Federal Reserve say it is....

Looking at the silver chart know this, our banking system is severely battling to keep the silver price suppres. Otherwise it will show the true devaluation of the dollar. As it stands now 4 pre 1964 quarter a dollars face value is worth about $20.00 in melt value under there suppression.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Why Aren't We Having a Middle Class Revolt?

Because the ruling class has found the perfect mix of electronic toys and ample foods to keep us apathetic.

They won fair and square.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM

"The seasonally-adjusted SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers.

The U-3 unemployment rate is the monthly headline number. The U-6 unemployment rate is the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) broadest unemployment measure, including short-term discouraged and other marginally-attached workers as well as those forced to work part-time because they cannot find full-time employment."
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Well looking at the chart one can see the 08 crash. Were as layoffs occurred and the majority was the lower level worker. CEO's remand to still run the business.

Around 09 even those CEO's were losing their jobs do to failed businesses. As stimulus and bailouts happend companies were trying to hire the best CEO's they could find. High demand and low supply of CEO's gave the bargaining power to them. All the while there was still more workers to jobs ratio which keeps the lower level workers salaries down. This is seen at the end of the chart, today.

Are they worth it, thats the businesses decision.

What is more telling of the chart is the fast and high escalation of salaries in USD. This in fact shows the devaluation of the USD compared to labor and cost of living. It shows true inflation from 94 and up.

Looking at a metals chart or any other commodity we can see the same effect. The commodities did not change their value or volume. But when weighed against the USD or any other currency it appeared there value increased. The commodities value did not increase but the currency lost value.

Here is a silver chart and shows the same direction as the salaries chart.

One has to ask when seeing these. Are we to believe we live in a 2% per year inflation? And our wages are based on it?

Well it must be true because the Federal Reserve say it is....

Looking at the silver chart know this, our banking system is severely battling to keep the silver price suppres. Otherwise it will show the true devaluation of the dollar. As it stands now 4 pre 1964 quarter a dollars face value is worth about $20.00 in melt value under there suppression.
If the stats were calculated the same way they were in 1980 inflation would be over 9%. Got to keep it under 2% to keep those S.S. COLA raises down though.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

Ya Samm

This stuff goes over their heads, besides it misses their agenda.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Ya Samm

This stuff goes over their heads, besides it misses their agenda.
Yeh, it goes over my head alright.

It's more like "if the data doesn't agree with your agenda, use manipulated data."
Old 02-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yeh, it goes over my head alright.

It's more like "if the data doesn't agree with your agenda, use manipulated data."
I have show time and again were the government is manipulating and misleading data.

Follow it finn, good luck.