Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
I have show time and again were the government is manipulating and misleading data.

Follow it finn, good luck.
I thought that we had reached an understanding that the source of those charts has significantly over-stated the effect of people losing unemployment benefits to its inflated unemployment rate.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I have show time and again were the government is manipulating and misleading data.

No, you haven't. You've made paranoid assertions that I have refuted time and again.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
No, you haven't. You've made paranoid assertions that I have refuted time and again.
Glory hog. You had help.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Glory hog. You had help.

Regards,

D-Ray
Indeed, counselor. Hitting minor league pitching can get pretty boring. I needed time in the dugout for a libation.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 AM

The gov either changes the calculating process or removes the information completely. Take inflation for an example.
"No. 515—PUBLIC COMMENT ON INFLATION MEASUREMENT
AND THE CHAINED-CPI (C-CPI)

April 8, 2013

Click Here for Link to: SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT—CHAINED-CPI

________

Consumer Price Index Has Been Reconfigured Since Early-1980s
So As to Understate Inflation versus Common Experience

•CPI no longer measures the cost of maintaining a constant standard of living.
•CPI no longer measures full inflation for out-of-pocket expenditures.
•With the misused cover of academic theory, politicians forced significant underreporting of official inflation, so as to cut annual cost-of-living adjustments to Social Security, etc.
• Politicians look to expand further the concept of artificially-suppressed cost-of-living adjustments in current budget-deficit negotiations, through the use of the Chained-CPI (see Special C-CPI Supplement at end of this document).
•Use of the CPI to adjust retirement benefits, private income or to set investment goals impairs the ability of retirees, income earners and investors to stay ahead of inflation.
•Understated inflation used in estimating inflation-adjusted growth has created the illusion of recovery in reported GDP."

Siource
John Williams shadow stats.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I thought that we had reached an understanding that the source of those charts has significantly over-stated the effect of people losing unemployment benefits to its inflated unemployment rate.

Regards,

D-Ray
Sorry D-Ray you showed me nothing. I made a statement you asked me to validate it. I did with the sources own explanation of how they calculate.

You did however showed me tactics that a lawyer uses to bring doubt to factual information. Doing nothing but an injustice to perpetuate lies.

Quote:
Were?

I have see you refute more like bloviate some of my comment in regards to economic.

But when it gets to deep for you, nothing you disappear.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeh, it goes over my head alright.

It's more like "if the data doesn't agree with your agenda, use manipulated data."
Im not manipulating it but the banks an government is. Thats what you can't comprehend.

If you can't point you finger at the GOP, Greedy corporations, Christians, tea party it doesn't fit your agenda. Your conclusion it's not true, pretty narrow minded for such an intellectual.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Area Man

It's as simple as this;

When I see the folks at, or near the bottom, getting hours (pay) cut to avoid payment of benefits and at the same time, I see the folks they work for making so much money, they can stash billions of it offshore to avoid paying taxes and still live like royalty, here......

I'm thinking someone is full of shit when they cry "oppression". And, NO, it's not the sixty year old woman stocking shelves at Home Depot, or the thirty year old single Mom working two jobs to keep her kids fed..

And, NO, I do not think giving the top 3% another round of tax cuts will fix anything. Just more for them to squirrel away, benefitting none of us.

I don't need your bullshit charts, or your worn out ideology/economic theory. I see where the money is going. And, it sure as hell isn't ending up in the pockets of anyone who punches a clock.

F**k "Trickle Down", it does not work. It's a lie.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-28-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:

The government doesn't even deny that they have manipulated the numbers only the ostriches on public forums still continue to claim the numbers are no different and that the illusion of apples versus apples is still being used to create the MSM headlines that they cheer the emperor's success basis.

"From the San Francisco Chronicle, "Government’s economic data misleading, he says," May 25, 2008, by Sam Zuckerman:

"In the 1990s, for example, Republicans wanted to make changes in calculating inflation along the lines recommended by a special commission, including more use of quality adjustments. By lowering the official inflation rate, such changes promised to reduce the annual cost-of-living adjustments for Social Security and other federal programs.

"[Katherine] Abraham, the Clinton bureau [of Labor Statistics] commissioner, remembers sitting in Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s office:

"’He said to me, If you could see your way clear to doing these things, we might have more money for BLS programs.’"
Old 02-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Im not manipulating it but the banks an government is. Thats what you can't comprehend.

If you can't point you finger at the GOP, Greedy corporations, Christians, tea party it doesn't fit your agenda. Your conclusion it's not true, pretty narrow minded for such an intellectual.
What do you think a "bank" is, genius? A "corporation", that's what.

Christians and the Tea Party? Has it ever occurred to you that religion and patriotism can be used to bait and manipulate people? And, that could be any religion or any group that bills itself as patriotic. It doesn't have to be Christian and it doesn't have to be the Tea Party. The principle is the same, only the names change.

Dave