Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
No argument about the Patriot Act. I have faith & hope that it'll go the way of the dodo in time. Like Chas I want to be left alone to please myself however I see fit, within the constraints of the law.
And if you don't get caught you are therefore operating within the constraints of the law.

Chas
Old 12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And if you don't get caught you are therefore operating within the constraints of the law.

Chas
Well there are higher constraints than the law. Mine's name is Patty. All things being equal, I would rather not have to sleep in the back of my truck.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Well there are higher constraints than the law. Mine's name is Patty. All things being equal, I would rather not have to sleep in the back of my truck.
I can relate. My wife is about the only one who can exhibit much control over the worst of my intemperate activities.

As I age, her job has become increasing easier.

Chas
Old 12-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
No argument about the Patriot Act. I have faith & hope that it'll go the way of the dodo in time. Like Chas I want to be left alone to please myself however I see fit, within the constraints of the law.
I do not think it will go that way: there are too many people out there who get
a kick out of blowing up others.

Last edited by Dondilion; 12-31-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Admin

So far, a visit from the US Army tends to put a damper on that behavior or in the case of the folks in Al Queso a visit from a Reaper raining Hellfire missiles down on their heads apparently has 'em running and ducking for cover in that shithole Waziristan.
We were naïve before 9/11, I just hope the powers that be don't get stupid and complacent anytime soon again. If it takes the NSA sifting through telephone records for people wanting to start shit with us, so be it. They've had that right since 1979. I don't like being spied upon as much as anyone else but if the alternative is a twisted apocalyptical landscape like Mad Max or Escape From New York, I'll take the former. Good bourbon is cheaper there, I suspect.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Admin

Speaking of good bourbon, how's the Weller 12 tasting Finnbow? $20 is a mighty fine price for that hootch. It's $30 out here in the Peoples Republic of lotus eaters and navel gazers.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I do not think it will go that way: there are too many people out there who get
a kick out of blowing up others.
I saw the vid of that train station bombing in Stalingrad (Volvograd). That was pretty hideous. I hope Putin's minions get their hands on 'em. Those Black Widows are a sick bunch. Sochi may turn out to be a Munich if the separatists keep this shit up. Personally I think the Russians need to either get out of there (preferably) or they're going to have to scorch and salt the earth in Dagestan/ Georgia.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
I saw the vid of that train station bombing in Stalingrad (Volvograd). That was pretty hideous. I hope Putin's minions get their hands on 'em. Those Black Widows are a sick bunch. Sochi may turn out to be a Munich if the separatists keep this shit up. Personally I think the Russians need to either get out of there (preferably) or they're going to have to scorch and salt the earth in Dagestan/ Georgia.
Russia has large Muslim population. Those agitating in Dagestan are stone age people. They want impose Sharia on a population which is not interested.
Russia cannot yield to that.

Georgia is a different issue. The separatists there want nothing to do with the Georgian government. They look to Russia for support.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Somehow, I don't think Putin is going to court marshal the Spetsnaz for giving one of the perps a bloody lip.

Chas
Old 01-01-2014, 08:20 AM

The Patriot Act and Homeland Security,In my opinion are necasary Evils,but in place to make the Country as A whole Safer.But as a side efect it Takes some of our basic Freedoms away.But it can be argurd all day long that in order to have Freedom You have to sacrifice Freedom.I think we All realize there will never be a true democracy and therfore no true freedom as long as others Call the shots for the way we live In this country.