Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Saddam was the turd in the punchbowl. Nobody wanted us there, we didn't want to be there (although I'll get an argument on that one), but we were the only plumber in town who could guarantee that shit would once again flow downhill.

It's a rotten game, always has been, and it always will. But as long as there are two of us "enlightened" homo sapiens and one lousy can of pork and beans, some poor bastard is going to get his throat slit.

Chas
The best explanation I've heard, thanks Chas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I've always suspected that Iraq and a few of the neighboring countries were far too large as envisioned by the British, nature taking it's course. I have similar thoughts about Texas.
Perhaps Cal-if-orn-eye-A too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I don't disagree with you at all, but I doubt they would make any efforts whatsoever to spare our women and children, ..... 100 of Japanese or German lives (what changed and when). Obviously Truman did, and we haven't had any trouble out of the Japanese since.
I read an excellent article just after 9-11 that put forth a great argument for nuking Afghanistan in retaliation. I should've kept a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
And there are a WHOLE lot of people in the world who would switch Bin Ladens name with Bush's, and leave all the rest the same.
I'd argue that there are a WHOLE lot of people in the world that are idiots

But no one would listen anyway.

Pete