Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Yeah, mess ain't much when it comes to putting together a coherent sentence. As near as I can figure it has something to do with wearing shower shoes during a mining disaster.

John

Sir...you have a knack of making a person feel like a school bus monitor.
Totally.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
..... But putting God back in now after some criticism just looks weak.
Agreed.

Pete
Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Speaking of Nancy, did you see where she wil sonn be portrayed by none other than "Hanoi" Jane Fonda herself?

Dave
Yeah, I did. I'm sure Fonda is enough of a pro to play the role straight but St. Ronnie's order must be pretty incensed.

John
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Totally.
And, madam, you might want to rethink your signature too. Jefferson never said that.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffe...ment-quotation

Have a nice day.

John
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Speaking of Nancy, did you see where she wil sonn be portrayed by none other than "Hanoi" Jane Fonda herself?

Dave
I can't wait for the Rushite's reactions. That will send them into a jibbering dance of underwhelming proportions.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Totally.
M'am, that is a hardly a fair opinion. At least the school bus monitor had the good sense not to post a link to a disgustingly racist video about Muslim immigrants in Britain.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
The cave-in/flip-flop is far more embarrassing than the ommission (which would have been rather easy to defend in my opinion).
While in the process of flip-flopping, they tried defending the omission as an oversight, but that was obviously a lie.
Here's some truth- about half of that delegation wants God erased from our government. Some, I'm sure, because they are atheist. Some, because they are Muslim and therefore don't buy in to the concept of religious tolerance. And some, because they truly believe it's wrong for our government to promote one faith over another.

Personally, none of those arguments wash for me. I've spent my life pledging allegiance to a flag that represents "one nation under God". Have all these people been reciting that pledge falsely? What do they propose allegiance to? Anything?

Worship whatever you want, or nothing at all, but this country was and is oriented to Biblical values. Obama wants to fundamentally change America. Well, it don't get much more fundamental than our Christian heritage.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Here's some truth- about half of that delegation wants God erased from our government. Some, I'm sure, because they are atheist. Some, because they are Muslim and therefore don't buy in to the concept of religious tolerance. And some, because they truly believe it's wrong for our government to promote one faith over another.
Where's your evidence for this "truth"? By the way, I do happen to believe that "it's wrong for our government to promote one faith over another". So did the founders. That's why they put it in the Constitution.

Quote:
Personally, none of those arguments wash for me. I've spent my life pledging allegiance to a flag that represents "one nation under God".
And I'm old enough to have begun reciting the Pledge before Right Wing anti-Communists got "under God" added in. The Pledge of Allegiance was written without "under God" in 1892, officially adopted without "under God" in 1942 out of patriotic fervor in the early months of WWII. "Under God" was added in 1954 during the Cold War as a means of differentiating us from the "Godless communists". It has always been political and never really been religious.

Quote:
Worship whatever you want, or nothing at all, but this country was and is oriented to Biblical values.
Why, then, does the word God not appear anywhere in the Constitution?

Also, why did they put this in the Treaty of Tripoli in 1797, a treaty which was unanimously ratified by Congress and signed by President John Adams, one of the Nation's founders:

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Quote:
Obama wants to fundamentally change America. Well, it don't get much more fundamental than our Christian heritage.
Where's your evidence for that?

John
Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Look what the cat dragged in Howdy Waslliaguy.

Pete
Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Btw Wasilla, hasn't it been bludgeoned into your head enough to KNOW that we were an athiest nation?

Or maybe Muslim

Pete