Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:31 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
It's always been this way, which supports that this is a part of our nature. Clearly though, effective use of a legislature (assuming one exists) by the workers and significant segments of the ruling class supporting worker rights can improve upon this state.
Agreed, Sir.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:36 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Our corporate attorney advised to make nor issue an Employee Handbook. Now I know why, take eight years to get one made.
It truly has been eight years since the last one was issued. The thing is that people complained about not having one and there being confusion about just what the rules actually are..................

But even with one, the rules are malleable and the employee has little or no recourse.....

So, what is the point?
Old 04-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Business today want 100% effort and loyalty from employees, (drones) then showing little loyalty in return, just stagnate wages and decreasing benefits and no job security. Respect is lost along with trust by both.

The management you have all believe in the myth's of Six Sigma be my guess too.

Non-Union? Right to Work (4 less) State?

Barney
Six Sigma is a joke as well. All of these things that come along, meant to increase efficiency and productivity..........I have never seen them really accomplish much, if anything. Even the so-called "incentivization" usually works great for a short while, then it sort of unravels.........Because most people simply react poorly to being told the other person is "better" than they are, regardless of whether it's true or not. I've watched that system actually create some pretty shitty attitudes.

Yes, non-union and "Right to Kneel".
Old 04-30-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It truly has been eight years since the last one was issued. The thing is that people complained about not having one and there being confusion about just what the rules actually are..................

But even with one, the rules are malleable and the employee has little or no recourse.....

So, what is the point?
Precisely what he said, a useless piece of document that will confuse and alienate the employees and that most rules can be challenged in a court of law if not equally applied. So we just have a single sheet of paper covering common sense workplace rules.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:23 AM

hard to believe unions are looked upon with such disdain ? I lost my job of 10 years in 2012 due to a point system I did not even violate. try and form a committee and get your job back in a right to work state.
start saying words like 'union' in earshot of middle management drones and see how long before you get invited to HR!
Old 04-30-2016, 07:58 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Precisely what he said, a useless piece of document that will confuse and alienate the employees and that most rules can be challenged in a court of law if not equally applied. So we just have a single sheet of paper covering common sense workplace rules.
This one is 65 pages.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:

So, what is the point?
It's designed to be that way.

So that management can practice selective enforcement on any employee that they want to single out and fuck over.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
But, in a continuous employment situation wherein I hire you to perform a certain set of tasks, then begin adding to them shortly after hiring you, but refuse to compensate you any more for your extra efforts. In fact, I might even assign you more work and insist you complete it in a shorter amount of time, so I can compensate you less............

Do you see where conflict can arise from that?
In a nutshell, this has been the american business model for a couple of decades at least.

In my previous job, I was hired to do a specific thing. At the end of 15 years, I was also doing the jobs of four other people who were "downsized" for the same pay. The 1% absorbed the increased productivity....

Do it or be downsized eh?

Last edited by MrPots; 04-30-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It's designed to be that way.

So that management can practice selective enforcement on any employee that they want to single out and fuck over.
True. I've witnessed that. I've watched employers change a rule just to screw a single individual, then change it back. I was once told;

"Oh, we changed that."

"When?"

"A little while ago."

"And you informed no one?"

"It's in the handbook."

"What handbook?"

"Oh, you haven't received yours yet? I'll have to look into that."

So full of shit. This was during the 8 years we went without one. Supervisors were always making up rules on the fly, mysteriously unable to show us anything in writing.