Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
What I do know is that I've double tapped (from holstered) five individual pop up targets, appearing at random and with accuracy being an 8.5" x 11" square (equal to center of mass), at an average range of ten feet in under seven seconds with a round left in the gun.
I had 335 confirmed NVA and Viet Cong kills in Nam using nothing but my grandfather's Scrimshaw bone handled straight razor. I would sneak into their barracks at night and slit every throat while they were sleeping.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I had 335 confirmed NVA and Viet Cong kills in Nam using nothing but my grandfather's Scrimshaw bone handled straight razor. I would sneak into their barracks at night and slit every throat while they were sleeping.
HMMM....that story is hard to believe because you were an Air Force Medic....now if you had been a Navy Hospital Corpsman maybe....

I have it on good authority that you were in charge of handing out basketballs at the Da Nang base gym....
Old 07-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
HMMM....that story is hard to believe because you were an Air Force Medic....now if you had been a Navy Hospital Corpsman maybe....

I have it on good authority that you were in charge of handing out basketballs at the Da Nang base gym....

I only went in the gym once when I was over there.

It was either at Cam Rahn or DaNang, I forget.

I was thinking about maybe lifting some weights.

When I got there there were four or five big black dudes taking turns bench pressing 300 plus lbs.

I thought about asking them "Hey guys, would you mind if we took off a couple of hundred lbs so I can do a set?

But I decided not to.

I never went back.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Joad.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
What I do know is that I've double tapped (from holstered) five individual pop up targets, appearing at random and with accuracy being an 8.5" x 11" square (equal to center of mass), at an average range of ten feet in under seven seconds with a round left in the gun.
Were those targets black and going for your gun?
Old 07-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post
Were those targets black and going for your gun?
You train for what might occur.

Initiative wins.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:32 AM

Quote:
You train for what might occur.

Initiative wins.
I know I'm going to get modded. Possibly even banned from here. But you are one of the worst people I've encountered online. You are sub human.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:54 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
And saying we don't know is a valid point.

I, also, know that I couldn't react -- awareness, presentation, sights on target and trigger pulled -- in under seven seconds with a tub of popcorn in my lap. Then you have to actually hit the guy and immediately incapacitate him while he shoots back...

UGH.

The guy fired thirteen times, duration unknown. I find it highly unlikely it would have made a difference were he surrounded by a SWAT team in a theater: initiative wins.
We also don't know that he is shooting at you. There were several people in the theater, he couldn't target everyone at the same time.

You are probably right in the last paragraph but I, for one, would rather there were someone there that at least had a chance of stopping him. IMO that would be better than being slaughtered like sheep.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
We also don't know that he is shooting at you. There were several people in the theater, he couldn't target everyone at the same time.

You are probably right in the last paragraph but I, for one, would rather there were someone there that at least had a chance of stopping him. IMO that would be better than being slaughtered like sheep.
Even if someone shoots back the victims are still dead. How does that make any sense?

That is what the police are for. Taking your spurious logic to its conclusion we might as well station an armed, trained policeman in every public space in America. EVERY SPACE.

Ridiculous logic. You know what the real problem is.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:14 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Even if someone shoots back the victims are still dead. How does that make any sense?

Maybe fewer people are dead?

That is what the police are for. Taking your spurious logic to its conclusion we might as well station an armed, trained policeman in every public space in America. EVERY SPACE.

We know that is impossible. Having someone there with a possibility of stopping it before anyone else is killed or wounded is a better alternative IMO.

Ridiculous logic. You know what the real problem is.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.