Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM

Wow. You guys should reread the first post and articles attached. Or maybe you do believe you are always right. Somehow you escalated a thread which was meant to be nothing more than interesting reading into a pissing match. Maybe you aren't just PRESENTING yourself as immature. Maybe you really are. That would be name calling. There is a difference. It's like saying someone is acting ignorant instead of actually being a dumbass. You guys are twisting my words. But you are good at that. I've watched you attack anyone who even remotely thinks differently. Give me a break, you arguments are very weak and highly insulting at times. I find that hypocrisy here unbearable for the most part. I think a few of you are in denial.

Maybe I am on the wrong forum. Do you have to be a lefty Democrat to be a contributing member to this forum? Just be honest. Because I am not that.

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
Not meant as a slap, just made me think of experiences I had here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
Wow. You guys should reread the first post and articles attached. Or maybe you do believe you are always right. Somehow you escalated a thread which was meant to be nothing more than interesting reading into a pissing match. Maybe you aren't just PRESENTING yourself as immature. Maybe you really are. That would be name calling. There is a difference. It's like saying someone is acting ignorant instead of actually being a dumbass. You guys are twisting my words. But you are good at that. I've watched you attack anyone who even remotely thinks differently. Give me a break, you arguments are very weak and highly insulting at times. I find that hypocrisy here unbearable for the most part. I think a few of you are in denial.
Kyle, let me start by saying your thread and the articles didn't offend me but you have to admit that the first bolded text above is pure finger-pointing. I honestly don't get why you feel you've been insulted and misunderstood by the responses your own words invited. I think you're being pretty disingenuous.

Quote:
Maybe I am on the wrong forum. Do you have to be a lefty Democrat to be a contributing member to this forum? Just be honest. Because I am not that.
You've said that a few times here. Maybe you are but only you can decide that. If you are in the wrong place, though, it wouldn't be for the reason you suggest. There are "leftys" and "rightys" here and people at every step of the way along the path from one extreme to the other. Everyone gets the treatment that their approach to the dialog here deserves (or what someone thinks it deserves. Ideas, unless they're offensive in and of themselves (argoweaver), tend to be treated respectfully.

John
Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Ideas, unless they're offensive in and of themselves (argoweaver), tend to be treated respectfully.

John
Really? Really?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Really? Really?
Yeah, really. Did you check out Argo's blog? There's a link in Intros. Racist through and through.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Really? Really?
Is this all you ever do here, John? Pass judgment on other people's posts? I find it pretty darned arrogant and very tiresome.

And yes, really. Take, for example, biohunter. His posts are typically thoughtful and wrong. Well, really, thoughtful and well reasoned. Of course, they prompt some of us to post in disagreement with the ideas but the tone of those posts is generally polite and sincere. Pete is another example. I mean EVERYBODY disagrees with Pete but we're nice to him.

John
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Is this all you ever do here, John? Pass judgment on other people's posts? I find it pretty darned arrogant and very tiresome.

John
That is my job here. Ignore it if you must.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 PM

Since we're in music mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24FfnWIY1mU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqESwzCGg4

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 PM

No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last,
Gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed
Gonna get high man I ain't had enough,
Need me a triple shot of that stuff
Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here,
I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer
One bourbon, one scotch, one beer