Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Ready

James Carville on how stupid the latest Trumpkin tricks are. (Exactly my take on things, so of course I love this....)

Quote:
Even when it comes to voter suppression efforts and legal challenges like the Texas Biden bus assault and the police pepper-spraying Black voters, Carville said that it’s only going to turn people away from Trump and motivate more Biden supporters to come to the polls.

“Look, that bus thing in Texas, yes, I’m mortified,” continued Carville. “I’m not mortified by the outcome of the election, I’m mortified by potential violence. Look at the early vote. People waiting in line for 11 hours to vote. 10,000 people in line in Harris County, Texas, in the middle of the night. When you tell people you can’t do something or you try to make it harder for them to do, it aggravates the dickens out of them and makes them want to do it more. In all these courts, I think this stuff is backfiring magnificently. I really do. Particularly Black people. The right to vote is inherent in their history. The more you try to keep them from voting, the more they are going to want to vote. You’re going to see enormous turnout, and it’s going to be driven a lot by, ‘You tell me I can’t do something? Watch me. I’m going to go do it.’ I see that happening in the early vote, and I think it will carry through to Election Day.”
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/jam...fjSn9RP2sUAMjM
Old 11-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
James Carville on how stupid the latest Trumpkin tricks are. (Exactly my take on things, so of course I love this....)

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/jam...fjSn9RP2sUAMjM
Amen, brother. Been a longtime admirer of Mr. Carville and his no bullshit take on politics. These mulish and juvenile tactics come right from the top.

The citizenry is tired of Trump's antics and worse for the Trump campaign, they are bored of hearing the same old lame assed outrageous lies.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:57 AM

What amazes me is that there are people who still support Trump as if he is worth supporting. It is a cult mentality.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
What amazes me is that there are people who still support Trump as if he is worth supporting. It is a cult mentality.
If you spent some time outside the bubble, you would not be surprised at all.

How's the middle east doing since he became president? How about North Korea? Don't hear much about them either these days. Prison reform was a nice thing, especially for Black men. And he filled a ton of judgeships that Obama left empty, not to mention his nominees for the supreme court.

Frankly, outside your bubble, he's the most effective president in my 67 years. Of course, opinions vary.

Last edited by Not Insane; 11-03-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
It's hard to imagine 40% of voters are sociopaths, but that seems to be the case. This Insane clown is one of the worst I've witnessed, but there are many others as ill-informed as he. A sad bunch of losers.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
It's hard to imagine 40% of voters are sociopaths, but that seems to be the case.
That's twice I've agreed with hard leftists here just today. Weird.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
It's hard to imagine 40% of voters are sociopaths, but that seems to be the case. This Insane clown is one of the worst I've witnessed, but there are many others as ill-informed as he. A sad bunch of losers.
I don't think all of them are sociopaths. I think a good portion simply are greedy selfish humans that want what they want and to blazes with anybody else.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Ready

It's a mixed bag, but the biggest bloc is the natural authoritarian followers, I think. Impressed with strongmen, actually feel that might makes right. Another overlapping big bloc is those who felt (not that they admit it to themselves necessarily) that Obama was an insult to white superiority.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Exclamation Speaking of election day violence...

While there are plenty of Reich-wingers predicting widespread violence and destruction by those soci@list radical-left communist anarchist Democrats and BLM if the vote doesn't go their way...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/...town-on-alert/

While nothing materialized yesterday we never had this nonsense going on before tRumpism took hold.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Some trumper just tried to tell me on FB that there were "inconsistencies" in Michigan and that's why the counting should be stopped. That there were more votes than voters and I should inform myself before posting. So I dropped a little FACT on him.
Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.