Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-01-2022, 01:12 PM

I caught the end of a Formula E race yesterday on the tube and I remembered the Grand Prix of Baltimore race I attended years ago. Compared to the internal combustion cars the Formula E race cars sure were a heck of a lot quieter. Maybe the electrics will lead to more races on urban courses because of less noise?
Old 05-02-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Electric vehicles aren't just vehicles, they are big batteries.

https://vox.com/recode/22872237/bide...s-clean-energy
Articles like that always lose me when they suggest we need to reduce "greenhouse gases", i.e. CO2.

CO2 is a GOOD gas. Put more of it in our atmosphere and we can feed more people. The planet gets both greener and wetter.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but Venus is always brought up as a "CO2 disaster". But that is pure baloney. Venus and Mars have almost the exact percentage of CO2 in their atmospheres. Why is Venus hotter? The same reason that Death valley is hotter than the top of Mt Everest: Atmospheric pressure. It's also why the base of the Grand Canyon is a lot hotter than the visitors center at the top.

Our CO2 levels are fine. They could be higher and that would be better for all life.

But if one is really interested in EV's as a modern solution to a problem, this is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1E8SQde5rk

Last edited by Not Insane; 05-02-2022 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Not Insane
This message is hidden because Not Insane is on your ignore list.
A pity.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
A pity.
Snowflakitis.

It's comical that you think I care about me being on your ignore list. It communicates about you, not me.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:23 AM
Area Man

It doesn't matter if you like it or not. They're coming. Get over it.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:32 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Snowflakitis.

It's comical that you think I care about me being on your ignore list. It communicates about you, not me.
How so? If you get stuck in an elevator with a gassy person who never bathes, would you be quick to exit when the door opens? You're an obnoxious fool and some folks prefer to not waste their time reading your garbage. So?

I find reading your posts fascinating. It's like watching a monkey repeatedly wiping his face with the same hand he scratched his bunghole with and wondering who put shit on his face.

Nobody but you shares the stupid thoughts you post.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:07 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
How so? If you get stuck in an elevator with a gassy person who never bathes, would you be quick to exit when the door opens? You're an obnoxious fool and some folks prefer to not waste their time reading your garbage. So?

I find reading your posts fascinating. It's like watching a monkey repeatedly wiping his face with the same hand he scratched his bunghole with and wondering who put shit on his face.

Nobody but you shares the stupid thoughts you post.
He "doesn't care" yet he keeps replying, strange Me personally, I would rather step over a pile of poo rather than step in it and wonder why my shoe now stinks.

Last edited by RickeyM; 05-03-2022 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
My late Dad, a civil engineer, used to say the concept of electric cars was great. So simple and robust, just put a motor on each wheel and if one breaks you still have three.

They are a bit more complicated than that it turns out!

If I sold my current 'good' car ('91 420sel) and it brought in enough I'd sure consider an older model S.

I also looked into converting my toy, an old Spitfire, to electric but there's no kit and I just don't have the will to do that custom work (assuming I could actually do it). Plus I read the diff doesn't hold up well to the extra torque .

No matter what when I run a new electrical line to the garage I'm going to way oversize it for future charging.

Here's a guy that dismantles cars. He's awesome. He's torn into many electric cars with good reviews. But check out how many coolant hoses the new 'Mustang' has - a tuneup nightmare!

https://youtu.be/C1dQtlrI7uU

And the future may still be hydrogen? Stay tuned
It may very well be. Haven't read up on it in a while but, the last time I did there were a number of concerns including the highly explosive nature of pure hydrogen. I agree that hydrogen would likely be the better way to go once the bugs are worked out.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:11 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
He "doesn't care" yet he keeps replying, strange Me personally, I would rather step over a pile of poo rather than step in it and wonder why my shoe now stinks.
Seems to be a part of the Republican mentality in all too many of them. Never, ever take responsibility for mistakes or misdeeds they perpetrate.

Wasn't it Roy Cohn, Senator "Tail Gunner Joe" McCarthys accomplice and Trumps political mentor who said; "No matter how bad you screw up or how bad it gets, always declare victory and walk away."? Think about the events of 6Jan21 among many, many other things.........

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-04-2022 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:37 PM
Admin

The lovely Salton Sea could supply all the lithium we need and then some.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...5d7a68278b9945