Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 10:18 AM

The Lincoln Project's latest ad. Excellent stuff.

https://youtu.be/5w7kwtLJtVc
Old 06-01-2020, 10:23 AM

I think the Lincoln Project folks should lead the way to bring us a new conservative party. The modern Republican party needs to be abolished. The GOP has shown a lust for greed and power benefiting only the wealthy.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:07 AM

More than 60 reporters attacked, arrested or harassed by cops since George Floyd protests began

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...e-george-floyd

Donny and Billy at work.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:27 AM

What gets me the most, saying the unrest is just about Floyd.
A lot of pinned up anger over everything from inadequacy in divisions of wealth, privilege and law enforcement. The lack of a voice in their concerns and needs.

Now the riots are just thievery plain and simple, IMO nothing to do other then taking advantage of the situation.

Let up hope this is not a "let them eat cake" moment....
Old 06-01-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
A lot of pinned up anger over everything from inadequacy in divisions of wealth, privilege and law enforcement. The lack of a voice in their concerns and needs.

Now the riots are just thievery plain and simple, IMO nothing to do other then taking advantage of the situation.

I think it's about CV19. Too many people with too much time and not enough money on their hands. Floyd is just an excuse. And there will be others.

i.e. the real cause of these riots is the lockdown. I predicted it in March and said if the lockdown doesn't end at the end of April we'd be seeing more and more rioting. My prediction almost fell flat, but the kids came through for me the very last weekend.

This is just the beginning. And I believe Trump is a bit more "law and order" than the democrat mayors of all the cities these riots are happening in (yep, not a republican mayor in the lot).

It will get more, um, interesting. Once rioters discover there really is something to lose by rioting, they'll stop.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

A lot of the unrest is from decades of seeing some improper actions by the police and getting away with it. Seeing on video a police officer improperly restraining someone that subsequently dies just pushed the feeling over the tipping point. Add to that the officer at the root of it wasn't arrested until four days later when any other person would be arrested on the spot. So much pent up anger about polive violence that there are protests in support all over the world. Outside of this are the opportunists who see an opening and things go wrong real fast. No sympathy for these opportunists who f*k up a good peaceful protest. In a time of turbulence our country needs a leader who can call for calm and unity and we just don't have one.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:29 PM

Fury at America and Its Values Spreads Globally

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...reads-globally

Donny is a clear and present danger to our democracy. If there is any justice, he will be behind bars for a long, long time.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:21 PM

As the George Floyd protests continue, let's be clear where the violence is coming from
Using damage to property as cover, US police have meted out shocking, indiscriminate brutality in the wake of the uprising

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lice-brutality

Encouraged by Donny and Billy. Disgusting.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:41 PM

I haven't seen police brutality like this since the Civil Rights marches of the 60's and 70's. This is what tRump has brought us to and he's advocating more of it. Always one to blame the left he will be trying to use the uprisings to turn opinion against the Democrats in his reelection campaign. Very soon he will begin to try to tie ANTIFA to the Democrats and declare them un-American

Last edited by RickeyM; 06-01-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:29 PM

St. John's clergy say Trump used "one of our churches as a prop"

https://www.axios.com/st-johns-churc...ffbe59bbb.html

Scum.

Quote:

Clergy of the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church expressed furor and confusion over President Trump's visit on Monday, which he claimed was to honor the establishment after George Floyd protestors sparked a small fire on the property Sunday night.

The big picture: Park rangers and military police deployed tear gas and physical force to disperse peaceful protestors from Lafayette Park, which surrounds the White House, so Trump could walk to "pay respects" to the church.

St. John’s, which is over 200 years old, is just steps away from the White House and is often referred to as the "church of the presidents."
What they're saying: Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington, D.C., told the Washington Post on Monday she is "outraged" by the visit.

"We so disassociate ourselves from the messages of this president," she said. "We hold the teachings of our sacred texts to be so so grounding to our lives and everything we do and it is about love of neighbor and sacrificial love and justice."
Trump held a bible in his hand while standing outside the church for only a few minutes. Budde said Trump had "done everything to divide us and has just used one of the most sacred symbols of the Judeo-Christian tradition."