Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Many "Facts" are facts in appropriate context, some are universal. The speed of light is taken as a constant, it's a universal value in relationship to a stationary point if there's agreement on that context. The speed of light in one direction measured from the aspect of light directed in the opposite direction makes for an interesting discussion concerning the absolute relative speed vs the theoretical context.
Taking that into account, the speed of light is a constant that is constantly broken.

Now we know what Elon is thinking about when he smokes reefer.

Last edited by BigElCat; 05-01-2022 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Many "Facts" are facts in appropriate context, some are universal. The speed of light is taken as a constant, it's a universal value in relationship to a stationary point if there's agreement on that context. The speed of light in one direction measured from the aspect of light directed in the opposite direction makes for an interesting discussion concerning the absolute relative speed vs the theoretical context.
But the speed of light slows down in water.
Is The Speed of Light Everywhere the Same?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, rather, I'm using that "fact" as a great example of how often facts we all take for granted are not even real facts. I find I get in the most trouble in both leftist centric and right wing centric sites when I start skewering "facts" everyone there is taking for granted. I get in trouble regarding the Ukraine, whether I be in left or right wing sites because I'm much less reticent to take a side, for virtually all of us on those sites only know what we're being told, and that depends on the reliability and veracity of our sources.

Last edited by Not Insane; 05-01-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:53 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
But the speed of light slows down in water.
Is The Speed of Light Everywhere the Same?

. I get in trouble regarding the Ukraine, whether I be in left or right wing sites because I'm much less reticent to take a side, for virtually all of us on those sites only know what we're being told, and that depends on the reliability and veracity of our sources.
Sources re Ukraine are all suspect. You have to rely on common sense buttressed by a deep knowledge of the history of geopolitics.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Two photons of light, receding straight away from each other would achieve an absolute relative speed of Cx2.

Yet there is no visible 'boom' like a 'sonic boom' when the speed of sound is broken.

Or is there ? Perhaps we could be trained by someone to see it.

L Ron Hubbard has passed away. Maybe Dr. Stephen Greer could help us out.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:55 PM

'Cesspool of lies': Meet the people who left Twitter because of Elon Musk

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/interne...form-rcna26239
Old 04-29-2022, 08:12 AM

We've seen this scenario before, W.R. Hearst, Henry Ford, Rupert Murdoch, ect.
Ambition for influence and power by controlling the narrative thru media management.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
We've seen this scenario before, W.R. Hearst, Henry Ford, Rupert Murdoch, ect.
Ambition for influence and power by controlling the narrative thru media management.
I think that sort of thing has always happened. It's just when it gets really weird that people start to take notice. I suppose that in the next gubernatorial election we'll see how the people of Florida feel about this decision.

Or the people of the country if he runs for president.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:21 PM

I have stopped making any attempt at discussing subjects like global warming, politics or current events with any of those who have chosen to for what ever reason to suspend and ignore reality. Live in their twisted echo chamber of silence. Refusing the news unless it is from their leaders, thinking the media is corrupted.

Simple facts that can not be denied, the planet is warming, ice that has been around for millions of years is melting. CO2 levels are increasing. The cause is plain right in front of us.... US! Ignored because of selfishness arrogant laziness.

Most of us will not live long enough to experience the drastic changes in store. Do know this..... we will be cursed for thousands of years for or arrogance and stupidly by any who survive.

Those who see the world as a place of them verses us. One where everyone that matters must have the same views. Refuse to believe any facts unless told this is the truth. Fool themselves by ignoring everything that challenges or disagrees with their concept.

This Cult of true believers taking over the country. Full of hate and gleeful ignorance. Mirroring some of the worst of times for human upon human atrocities.

So in closing, little in any way of what I can argue. Will change a mind already closed down.

Learned long ago arguing with a child or a drunk and now those mentioned above serves little good. Figure if not understood by now, they will more then likely never will.

Last edited by Oerets; 04-29-2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I have stopped making any attempt at discussing subjects like global warming, politics or current events with any of those who have chosen to for what ever reason to suspend and ignore reality. Live in their twisted echo chamber of silence. Refusing the news unless it is from their leaders, thinking the media is corrupted.
I do it for fun, in anticipation of schadenfreude. You know, stuff like the Rittenhouse verdict. When you get your information from reliable sources, stuff like that verdict don't surprise you.

I have several rules regarding sources, but they can be summed up in this one example: Never trust a source that had to settle with Nick Sandmann.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Those who see the world as a place of them verses us. One where everyone that matters must have the same views. Refuse to believe any facts unless told this is the truth. Fool themselves by ignoring everything that challenges or disagrees with their concept.
I'm with you on that one as well. When those people try to shout down those they disagree with or try to get people censored or cancelled, it really gets my panties in a bunch. They are hyperventilating over musk bringing freedom of speech back to twitter. Suddenly these folks will have to actually support their point of view, rather than just keep pulling out their tried and true ( and now failed) primary debate tools:
ad hominem attack
Projection
Deflection

We can now have a debate, and let folks' words stand or fall on their own merit.