PDA

View Full Version : God Wanted Trump as President

finnbow
01-30-2019, 06:58 PM
“I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times, and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president and that’s why he’s there. And I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about.”

- Sarah Hillbilly Sanders

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/01/30/sarah-sanders-tells-christian-broadcasting-network-god-wanted-trump-be-president/

Chicks
01-30-2019, 07:09 PM
OMG. Knuckle dragging neanderthal.

mpholland
01-30-2019, 08:36 PM
Probably no other way for her brain to rationalize it.

Dondilion
01-31-2019, 03:13 AM
Probably no other way for her brain to rationalize it.
So true!

An outsider, against great odds, defeats the anointed.

How else?... In God We Trust is exceedingly rational.

Oerets
01-31-2019, 06:29 AM
Calvinism???

A corruption of the belief in God makes, wants the truly faithful prosper with earthly riches maybe?

Then there is this.
https://youtu.be/ejyRAIftnq4

“Millions of Americans,” declared Jeffress at a July 2017 event his First Baptist Church of Dallas sponsored in Washington, D.C., “believe the election of President Trump represented God giving us another chance—perhaps our last chance to truly make America great again.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/27/millions-of-americans-believe-god-made-trump-president-216537

Dondilion
01-31-2019, 07:17 AM
Sanders is probably indicating that she understands that a major feature of governance is a declaration of belief in the spirit of God and that Devine Intervention is always a welcome tool.

Additionally who goes into battle without calling on, enlisting support of the Supreme one. Prayer is foremost, prayer is ubiquitous.

In modern times there are people who claim that part of the earth is given to them by God and they are celebrated and overwhelmingly supported by both sections of the US House.

Sarah possibly understands the tradition; a show, a declaration, is opportune.

Chicks
01-31-2019, 11:36 AM
Trumpiness is next to Godliness :rolleyes:

donquixote99
01-31-2019, 11:44 AM
So true!

An outsider, against great odds, defeats the anointed.

How else?... In God We Trust is exceedingly rational.

No, it's very fallacious logic. Reasoning from faulty premises. Basically there are lots of reasons 'else.'

The premises here are "Hillary was 'anointed' and sure to win," and "Trump could only win by divine intervention." Then the conclusion follows "Trump won so a miracle occurred."

But I of course think neither premise is demonstrated. It's actually typical of the bad logic of people not educated to think clearly. Assert premises that give the answer you want, and don't examine them critically.

Dondilion
01-31-2019, 12:34 PM
No, it's very fallacious logic. Reasoning from faulty premises. Basically there are lots of reasons 'else.'

The premises here are "Hillary was 'anointed' and sure to win," and "Trump could only win by divine intervention." Then the conclusion follows "Trump won so a miracle occurred."

But I of course think neither premise is demonstrated. It's actually typical of the bad logic of people not educated to think clearly. Assert premises that give the answer you want, and don't examine them critically.

It does not need logics. All it needs is a veneer, a patina.

Sanders has gone back to basics.

donquixote99
01-31-2019, 07:49 PM
Understand. I just object to a veneer or patina being thought of as 'exceedingly rational.'

Pio1980
01-31-2019, 08:09 PM
She isn't Sarah Huckabee-ess for nothing.
(Thank you Jimmy Kimmel!)

donquixote99
01-31-2019, 08:32 PM
Pronounced Sarah Hucka-be-ESS.

Dondilion
01-31-2019, 09:29 PM
Understand. I just object to a veneer or patina being thought of as 'exceedingly rational.'
The use of religion in governance/politics is exceedingly rational. However the religious argument need not be logical; it only needs a veneer of logic.

donquixote99
01-31-2019, 09:34 PM
Viewed as an amoral, Machiavellian tactic....

Dondilion
01-31-2019, 10:40 PM
Viewed as an amoral, Machiavellian tactic....

Indeed. But then all serious parties wittingly or unwittingly yield to or promote religious trappings.

Sanders has now decided that it is time to explicitly wrap her leader in religious garment. I guess she understands that a serious argument against any system/movement is that it is godless.

bobabode
02-01-2019, 12:45 AM
God wouldn't be caught within 50,000 light years of Cadet Spanky McBonespurs.

Dondilion
02-01-2019, 05:47 AM
What is McBonespurs most egregious act?

Is he a King Leopold 11, a Pol Pot, a Stalin, a Hitler?
The nominal inference here is that he is a draft dodger.

So far: Basically a showman with an isolationist view.

nailer
02-01-2019, 11:15 AM
“I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times, and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president and that’s why he’s there. And I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/01/30/sarah-sanders-tells-christian-broadcasting-network-god-wanted-trump-be-president/

Trump's victory is God's punishment for our amorality.

nailer
02-01-2019, 11:25 AM
What is McBonespurs most egregious act?

Is he a King Leopold 11, a Pol Pot, a Stalin, a Hitler?
The nominal inference here is that he is a draft dodger.

So far: Basically a showman with an isolationist view.

Beating Hillary.

The popular choice here and elsewhere would be Hitler. Mussolini works for me. :cool:

He's also a rude crude dude and a fairly astute politician based on the midterms.

HarmanKardon
02-02-2019, 02:35 AM
Sarah Goebbels Sanders is a genius of playing on the mental piano of primitive people - the voters who enable eight years of Trump presidency...

Sieg Heil!

JCricket
02-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Trump's victory is God's punishment for our amorality.

That almost makes me believe in God. No other explanation for it...........

Pio1980
02-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Beating Hillary.

The popular choice here and elsewhere would be Hitler. Mussolini works for me. :cool:

He's also a rude crude dude and a fairly astute politician based on the midterms.

As I said elsewhere, Trump is the bratty obnoxious kid the redneck parents bring to the nice restaurant to spite the patrons. He's the ugly American "coal roller" demagogue. It was and is about spite, and for the Party, the courts.
Those are the Republican values that rise to the top of this ethical cesspool after all is said and done.

Pio1980
02-06-2019, 08:11 PM
That almost makes me believe in God. No other explanation for it...........

A good justification for agnosticism.

donquixote99
02-06-2019, 09:18 PM
A good justification for agnosticism.

Actually, if true, I'd call "God wanted Trump as President" a good justification for Satanism (if I believed in either of them).

finnbow
02-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Nearly half of Republicans think God wanted Trump to be president...More than half of white evangelical Protestants — 55 percent — said that God endorsed Trump. Only 3 in 10 evangelicals said categorically that they didn’t think Trump had God’s explicit support in the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/14/nearly-half-republicans-think-god-wanted-trump-be-president/

If Evangelicals think that Trump is divinely inspired, I suppose that helps explain why his most devout supporters will never abandon him. Crazy shit.

Dondilion
02-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Nothing crazy here. Trump reinforced his biblical image by recognizing Jerusalem.

finnbow
02-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Nothing crazy here. Trump reinforced his biblical image by recognizing Jerusalem.

This really was mostly a meaningless step by Trump. For all practical purposes, the embassy remains in Tel Aviv. Meanwhile, the "embassy" in Jerusalem (former consulate) doesn't function as an embassy because it doesn't yet meet the physical and signals security requirements of an embassy (as the former embassy in Tel Aviv does.). Accordingly, nearly all of our diplomatic staff remain in Tel Aviv.

Dondilion
02-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Means a lot in terms of Bible.

Chicks
02-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Nearly half of Republicans think God wanted Trump to be president...More than half of white evangelical Protestants — 55 percent — said that God endorsed Trump. Only 3 in 10 evangelicals said categorically that they didn’t think Trump had God’s explicit support in the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/14/nearly-half-republicans-think-god-wanted-trump-be-president/

If Evangelicals think that Trump is divinely inspired, I suppose that helps explain why his most devout supporters will never abandon him. Crazy shit.

It’s Time to Start Calling Evangelicals What They Are: The American Taliban

https://medium.com/@jcweatherby_49412/its-time-to-start-calling-evangelicals-what-they-are-the-american-taliban-4a41731296e4

Not just crazy, also dangerous.

finnbow
02-14-2019, 02:12 PM
Means a lot in terms of Bible.

I don't think the Bible has a single word in it about the location of the US Embassy in Judea.:confused:

Dondilion
02-14-2019, 04:41 PM
I don't think the Bible has a single word in it about the location of the US Embassy in Judea.:confused:
You miss the significance, the power of Jerusalem.

finnbow
02-14-2019, 05:54 PM
You miss the significance, the power of Jerusalem.

Having been to Jerusalem twice and having a son who currently works out of the embassy/consulate in Tel Aviv, I understand Jerusalem pretty well. The fact remains that the embassy "move" was symbolic and not substantive - kinda like every the Dotard does.

Chicks
02-14-2019, 06:06 PM
Man, I loved Tel Aviv. Such great architecture, beautiful city.

https://www.dezeen.com/2016/08/24/10-tel-aviv-best-examples-bauhaus-residential-architecture/

finnbow
02-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Man, I loved Tel Aviv. Such great architecture, beautiful city.

https://www.dezeen.com/2016/08/24/10-tel-aviv-best-examples-bauhaus-residential-architecture/

People who haven't been there have no idea how modern, cosmopolitan and secular Tel Aviv is. Jerusalem, OTOH, is none of those, yet a fantastically interesting place. My son lived in Tel Aviv for three years and just returned there last month for an 18 month assignment after receiving an offer he couldn't refuse.

Dondilion
02-14-2019, 07:50 PM
To the religious crowd Tel Aviv pales in comparison to Jerusalem.

And it is not only a physical connection.

finnbow
02-15-2019, 07:18 AM

And conversely, secular Israelis (a plurality) absolutely despise the ultra-orthodox Haredim in their midst.

BlueStreak
02-16-2019, 01:22 AM
Oh, so it was "God", was it? What an absolute crock of shyte. We're stuck with this overgrown used car salesmen because the check mailing Evangelical nincompoops were commanded by their imaginary friend to support him? That's as absurd as appointment to supreme executive power by farcical aquatic ceremony. Seriously? The people who tithe 10% to the Jesus Tax so their multimillionaire pastor can buy a bizjet to escape demonic cacophony on commercial airliners are now guiding our nations destiny?

We're fucked.

In a decade we will have 10 trillionaires and 360,000,000 peasants who are thankful that "God" has blessed them with a job that provides them their very own pup tent and a daily bucket of gruel. "We're poor but it's alright. We still have each other, Praise Jesus.".

Where is that "Puke" emoticon?

Jack Horner
03-05-2019, 09:35 PM
Having been to Jerusalem twice and having a son who currently works out of the embassy/consulate in Tel Aviv, I understand Jerusalem pretty well. The fact remains that the embassy "move" was symbolic and not substantive - kinda like every the Dotard does.

I had no idea. Very interesting. And it's very true that most of what Trump does is symbolic and not substantive. Thanks for the post.

Chicks
03-05-2019, 09:55 PM
https://pics.me.me/if-you-ever-feel-stupid-just-remember-some-people-actually-40811968.png

finnbow
03-27-2019, 06:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2omCKuU8AAVOm9.jpg

nailer
03-27-2019, 12:16 PM
As I said elsewhere, Trump is the bratty obnoxious kid the redneck parents bring to the nice restaurant to spite the patrons. He's the ugly American "coal roller" demagogue. It was and is about spite, and for the Party, the courts.
Those are the Republican values that rise to the top of this ethical cesspool after all is said and done.

They started down this path in 68 with their Southern Strategy.

nailer
03-27-2019, 12:29 PM

I concur with the points you've made above, and elsewhere, regarding religion and politics. It's not hard to imagine Evangelicals and Southern Baptists believing that Trump is God's choice. Winning the election was pretty miraculous if you ask me. And I'm about as secular as it gets.

donquixote99
03-27-2019, 07:16 PM
If something seems miraculous, you should figure someone adjusted the odds somehow.

nailer
03-27-2019, 09:06 PM
God is the odds maker for the white fundamentalist portion of Trump's base.

Pio1980
03-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Obama proved anyone can become President, Trump proves some shouldn't. Sadly, there seems to be no standard of fitness or competence to qualify.

finnbow
04-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Michele Bachmann: "He (Trump) is highly biblical and we will in all likelihood never see a more Godly, biblical president again in our lifetime."

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/04/michele-bachmann-well-never-see-a-more-godly-biblical-president-than-trump-in-our-lifetime-audio/

Pio1980
04-15-2019, 11:21 AM
Michele Bachmann: "He (Trump) is highly biblical and we will in all likelihood never see a more Godly, biblical president again in our lifetime."

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/04/michele-bachmann-well-never-see-a-more-godly-biblical-president-than-trump-in-our-lifetime-audio/

Ok then, lets play a round of Jeopardy.

Answer: ^^^^
Question: Who was Jimmy Carter.

nailer
04-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Ok then, lets play a round of Jeopardy.

Answer: Who was Jimmy Carter.
Question:

President who practiced what he preached.

Pio1980
04-15-2019, 12:22 PM
President who practiced what he preached.

And still does.

finnbow
04-30-2019, 06:02 PM
“There has never been and probably never will be a movement like this again. Only God could deliver such a savior to our nation and only God could allow me to help. God bless America!”

- Brad Parscale, Trump campaign manager

Pio1980
03-05-2020, 08:33 PM
Next person that says "God sent Donald Trump", ask them if locusts were out of season.

Chicks
08-26-2020, 11:02 AM
'He treated the Bible with callousness': Billy Graham's granddaughter attacks Trump for church photo in remarkable break from family
'He believed that action would honour him and only him. However, the church, designed to honour God, said nothing'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/billy-graham-granddaughter-jerushah-duford-trump-st-johns-bible-photo-a9688511.html

BigElCat
08-26-2020, 10:06 PM
I saw Trump wave the Bible after he shoved the demonstrators aside.

This is what came to mind;

Revelation 2

13I know where you live—where Satan sits enthroned, yet you still cling faithfully to the power of my name. You did not deny your faith in me even in the days of my faithful martyr Antipas, who was executed in your city, where Satan lives.

That city was Pergamum. Pergamum could be an allegory for about any city.

nailer
08-27-2020, 09:25 AM
'The more things change, the more they stay the same.'

BigElCat
08-28-2020, 04:24 PM
On Tuesday, I posted a link on AK to a song that reminded me of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

I describe it as sacrilegious / sarcastic (or sardonic ).

Now this, two days later. Strange timing, but a meaningless coincident.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/leonard-cohen-fans-livid-trump-051847431.html

donquixote99
08-28-2020, 04:50 PM
At least your take on the Cohen song is a more accurate appreciation that that of 90% of folks, according to the article....

Chicks
09-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Michael Cohen says Trump once said after meeting evangelical Christians: 'Can you believe people believe that bulls---?'

Michael Cohen, the former fixer and lawyer to President Donald Trump, is releasing a memoir on Tuesday called "Disloyal."

In the book, Cohen details how Trump reacted after meeting with evangelical Christians before winning the 2016 election. An excerpt was published by The Washington Post.

According to the excerpt, Cohen says Trump remarked after the meeting: "Can you believe people believe that bulls---?"

Cohen also says it was a "cosmic joke" that Trump had managed to convince working-class people that he cared about them when "the truth was that he couldn't care less."

Evangelicals — who make up one in four Americans — were credited with helping Trump win the White House, with 80% voting for Trump in 2016.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-evangelicals-condescending-remarks-michael-cohen-2020-9

The joke is very much on them. They're Donny's suckers.

Sad that Donny's former "fixer" is infinitely more credible than the current occupant of the Oval Office.

Oerets
09-07-2020, 01:09 PM
I like to see if Trump could say the Lord's Prayer without help from a teleprompter!;)

RickeyM
09-08-2020, 07:26 AM
I like to see if Trump could say the Lord's Prayer othout help from a teleprompter!;)
Now you're just being mean, LOL It would probably be amusing to see him try to recite it with a teleprompter.

donquixote99
09-18-2020, 05:30 PM
A response to the OP proposition, found on FB:
----------------------
Powerful words from Christian Pastor John Pavlovitz:

"Dear White Evangelicals,

I need to tell you something: People have had it with you. They’re done. They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why: They see your hypocrisy, your inconsistency, your incredibly selective mercy, and your thinly veiled supremacy.

For eight years they watched you relentlessly demonize a black President; a man faithfully married for 26 years; a doting father and husband without a hint of moral scandal or the slightest whiff of infidelity. They watched you deny his personal faith convictions, argue his birthplace, and assail his character—all without cause or evidence. They saw you brandish Scriptures to malign him and use the laziest of racial stereotypes in criticizing him.

And through it all, White Evangelicals—you never once suggested that God placed him where he was,you never publicly offered prayers for him and his family, you never welcomed him to your Christian Universities, you never gave him the benefit of the doubt in any instance, you never spoke of offering him forgiveness or mercy, your evangelists never publicly thanked God for his leadership, your pastors never took to the pulpit to offer solidarity with him, you never made any effort to affirm his humanity or show the love of Jesus to him in any quantifiable measure.

You violently opposed him at every single turn—without offering a single ounce of the grace you claim as the heart of your faith tradition. You jettisoned Jesus as you dispensed damnation on him.

And yet you give carte blanche to a white Republican man so riddled with depravity, so littered with extramarital affairs, so unapologetically vile, with such a vast resume of moral filth—that the mind boggles.

And the change in you is unmistakable. It has been an astonishing conversion to behold: a being born again.
With him, you suddenly find religion. With him, you’re now willing to offer full absolution. With him, all is forgiven without repentance or admission. With him you’re suddenly able to see some invisible, deeply buried heart. With him, sin has become unimportant, compassion no longer a requirement. With him, you see only Providence.

And White Evangelicals, all those people who have had it with you—they see it all clearly.

They recognize the toxic source of your inconsistency.
They see that pigmentation and party are your sole deities.
They see that you aren’t interested in perpetuating the love of God or emulating the heart of Jesus. They see that you aren’t burdened to love the least, or to be agents of compassion, or to care for your Muslim, gay, African, female, or poor neighbors as yourself.

They see that all you’re really interested in doing, is making a God in your own ivory image and demanding that the world bow down to it. They recognize this all about white, Republican Jesus—not dark-skinned Jesus of Nazareth.
And I know you don’t realize it, but you’re digging your own grave in these days; the grave of your very faith tradition.
Your willingness to align yourself with cruelty is a costly marriage.

Yes, you’ve gained a Supreme Court seat, a few months with the Presidency as a mouthpiece, and the cheap high of temporary power—but you’ve lost a whole lot more.
You’ve lost an audience with millions of wise, decent, good-hearted, faithful people with eyes to see this ugliness.

You’ve lost any moral high ground or spiritual authority with a generation. You’ve lost any semblance of Christlikeness. You’ve lost the plot. And most of all you’ve lost your soul.

I know it’s likely you’ll dismiss these words. The fact that you’ve even made your bed with such malevolence, shows how far gone you are and how insulated you are from the reality in front of you.

But I had to at least try to reach you. It’s what Jesus would do." ~ "John Pavlovitz

noonereal
09-18-2020, 06:33 PM
"I don't have to shake hands with these disgusting people" Donald Trump in reference to his supporters.

HarmanKardon
10-24-2020, 12:36 PM
I just watched a report in German tv about Evangelicals. There was a woman in her 50s telling that Trump is her Saviour.

Perverted people like this sick Lady made the Barking Monster big back in the days...

donquixote99
10-24-2020, 03:16 PM
I just watched a report in German tv about Evangelicals. There was a woman in her 50s telling that Trump is her Saviour.

Perverted people like this sick Lady made the Barking Monster big back in the days...

I remember once when I was maybe 13, and was delivering newspapers, I was in these people's house collecting money, and two older ladies (50's-60's) were watching Chicago's mayor Daily--the one they used to call The Boss, on TV. And they were doing this total fangirl thing--bouncing and giggling and going "Oooooo! Oooooo!" at everything he said. I'd never seen anything like it. Same fascinating psychological phenomena as you speak of I'm sure. Some women bond to authoritarian leaders that way.

nailer
10-24-2020, 03:33 PM
I think it's more the overarching DNA species survival thing. In addition to us humans, other species' females are attracted to powerful males.

donquixote99
10-24-2020, 08:39 PM
Seems plausible.

nailer
10-25-2020, 10:13 AM
Plausible or not, that's the way it is according to science. Theoretically that is. :cool:

donquixote99
10-25-2020, 10:31 AM
Plausible or not, that's the way it is according to science. Theoretically that is. :cool:

Weird, you want to argue when I agree with you. But your claim of scientific authority is, in context, a mere rhetorical device. Now a scientific theory is a full-fledged, comprehensive understanding of a system, backed by rigorous examination of all pertinent data, with comprehensive explanatory and predictive power. E.G., the theory of relativity. Is that the sort of theory you meant? Or did you really mean 'hypothesis?'

nailer
10-25-2020, 11:45 AM
Just because you're 'ready' to argue ...

Theoretically reads better than hypothesisically. Lighten up Francis. :)

BlueStreak
10-25-2020, 04:03 PM
Precisely why religion and government should NEVER mix. This irrational, unquestioning blind follower bullshit we have, right here, right now.....

"I have to support Trump because of my Christian beliefs."

If this is what guides you, that should get you stripped of your citizenship, driven to the border and simply dispatched from our presence like the unthinking tool you are. You have NO IDEA of what being an American means at that rate.

Oerets
10-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Precisely why religion and government should NEVER mix. This irrational, unquestioning blind follower bullshit we have, right here, right now.....

"I have to support Trump because of my Christian beliefs."

If this is what guides you, that should get you stripped of your citizenship, driven to the border and simply dispatched from our presence like the unthinking tool you are. You have NO IDEA of what being an American means at that rate.

When I hear someone spout this $hit, see they are neither ""christian"" or a true ""American""!;)

BlueStreak
10-25-2020, 09:25 PM
When I hear someone spout this $hit, see they are neither ""christian"" or a true ""American""!;)

Yeah, pretty much.

BlueStreak
10-25-2020, 09:36 PM

And thank God for that! The last thing I want for a president is one more disconnected from reality than Trump. I want a president who thinks for himself, not one who makes decisions based on how the voices in his head interpret what a flaming Gardenia said to them.:rolleyes:

donquixote99
10-25-2020, 09:50 PM

Tonight it strikes me that I agree with Michele, if we define 'biblical' as 'governing like a typical crazed middle-east despot of maybe 1000 BC.'

BlueStreak
10-25-2020, 09:54 PM
The use of religion in governance/politics is exceedingly rational. However the religious argument need not be logical; it only needs a veneer of logic.

The USE of religion but not necessarily the content of the religion itself.
Convincing religious zealots a man was sent by God is the surest way to guarantee an iron grip on power and financial support.

"If God be with us, who dare to oppose us?"

Once the tyrant has people who think like that on his side, it becomes a thousand times harder to stop him. His congregants will refuse to question anything he says or does. His words become gospel, his actions interpreted as the hand of God.....no matter how horrendous. 220,000 dead or 10,000,000 dead makes no difference as their deaths were simply "Gods will".

AND ANYONE WHO DARES OPPOSE HIM IS........WHAT?

Think about that.

What is happening in this country isn't just bad, it's incredibly dangerous.

donquixote99
10-25-2020, 10:58 PM
^^^^ what he said.

nailer
10-26-2020, 10:23 AM
Although "In God We Trust" is seen daily by lots and lots of Americans right on our money. :cool:

RickeyM
10-26-2020, 10:37 AM
The USE of religion but not necessarily the content of the religion itself.
Convincing religious zealots a man was sent by God is the surest way to guarantee an iron grip on power and financial support.

"If God be with us, who dare to oppose us?"

Once the tyrant has people who think like that on his side, it becomes a thousand times harder to stop him. His congregants will refuse to question anything he says or does. His words become gospel, his actions interpreted as the hand of God.....no matter how horrendous. 220,000 dead or 10,000,000 dead makes no difference as their deaths were simply "Gods will".

AND ANYONE WHO DARES OPPOSE HIM IS........WHAT?

Think about that.

What is happening in this country isn't just bad, it's incredibly dangerous.
That's what I'm afraid of if/when tRump loses. Remembering the holy crusades of the Middle Ages that had the slogan "Convert 'em or kill 'em".

Pio1980
10-26-2020, 10:47 AM
Although "In God We Trust" is seen daily by lots and lots of Americans right on our money. :cool:
If trusting God have us Trump and Trumpism, I suppose then we could do much better putting our trust elsewhere. Perhaps, universally accepted standards of ethical behavior.

Chicks
10-26-2020, 03:22 PM
Seeking power in Jesus’ name: Trump sparks a rise of ‘Patriot Churches’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2020/10/26/trump-christian-nationalism-patriot-church/

These people are dangerously stupid.

Oerets
10-26-2020, 04:29 PM
We might be living in the ending of separation of church and state.

donquixote99
10-26-2020, 06:59 PM
Once we learn all over again what a good idea it is, it will be back....

RickeyM
10-26-2020, 07:20 PM
I really believe that's the evangelical's end game. Then it will be a fight between the hardcore Reich-wingers who only wanted their votes and the evangelicals who wanted to take over.

donquixote99
10-26-2020, 09:07 PM
I really believe that's the evangelical's end game. Then it will be a fight between the hardcore Reich-wingers who only wanted their votes and the evangelicals who wanted to take over.

That won't be a fight. That will be Trump vs old GOP all over again.

BlueStreak
11-01-2020, 10:14 PM

Ummmmmm..... I'd say we passed that threshold four years ago.

Oerets
11-02-2020, 06:57 AM
Ummmmmm..... I'd say we passed that threshold four years ago.

This was meant to protect our country. When it was stopped from being enforced, hurried the changing to today's world.

Johnson Amendment......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Amendment

""On May 4, 2017, Trump signed the "Presidential Executive Order Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty."[18] The executive order does not repeal the Johnson Amendment, nor does it allow ministers to endorse from the pulpit, but it does halt the enforcement of its consequences by directing the Department of Treasury that "churches should not be found guilty of implied endorsements where secular organizations would not be." Douglas Laycock, speaking to The Washington Post, indicated that he was not aware of any cases where such implied endorsements have caused problems in the past.[19] Walter B. Jones Jr. had been the principal congressional advocate for repealing the speech restriction altogether and had support from the Family Research Council in modifying religious speech language in the Kevin Brady sponsored tax re-write legislation styled, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.[20]

The final version of the major tax rewrite legislation passed in December 2017 does not include the House repeal of the Johnson Amendment because the Senate parliamentarian ruled that it violated the Byrd Rule for reconciliation legislation.[21][22][23] ""

Chicks
01-15-2021, 09:48 AM
Trump Ignites a War Within the Church
After a week of Trumpist mayhem, white evangelicals wrestle with what they’ve become.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/14/opinion/trump-evangelicals.html

What they've BECOME!? They've always been a racist cult. Nothing has changed. They're still a racist cult.

Yggdrasill
01-27-2021, 11:20 AM
I pretty much walk away any time someone claims to know what God is thinking/liking/wanting. It's the most unself-critical, self-serving and projecting kind of behavior.

Dondilion
01-27-2021, 11:37 AM
I pretty much walk away any time someone claims to know what God is thinking/liking/wanting. It's the most unself-critical, self-serving and projecting kind of behavior.

I would think that if someone is a supporter of a religion, then that person should be expected to have some idea of what his/her god wants.

Yggdrasill
01-29-2021, 11:18 PM
I would think that if someone is a supporter of a religion, then that person should be expected to have some idea of what his/her god wants.

I think that there is a pretty clear distinction between following religious texts, on the one hand, and extrapolating God's will on to issues and problems not discussed in the texts. In my experience, and history's, that type of behavior is almost always self-serving justification for some economic/political/social end. In some religions, the believer might be following a religious leader's interpretation of God's will, but that leads back to the original problem.

Pio1980
01-30-2021, 01:00 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-rise-fall-unified-two-most-pernicious-racist-myths-ncna1255880

donquixote99
01-30-2021, 07:43 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-rise-fall-unified-two-most-pernicious-racist-myths-ncna1255880

Interesting piece. Talks about two pervasive American myths: Christian Nationalism, and Lost Cause. They used to be opposed to one another: Christian Nationalism northern, Lost Cause southern. Now they have been merging.

Pio1980
01-30-2021, 07:48 AM
Interesting piece. Talks about two pervasive American myths: Christian Nationalism, and Lost Cause. They used to be opposed to one another: Christian Nationalism northern, Lost Cause southern. Now they have been merging.
Blend in the widely propagated second amendment myth of "constitutional" armed insurrection and there it is.

Yggdrasill
01-30-2021, 09:35 AM

good read

Dondilion
01-30-2021, 09:51 AM

As usual articles like these omit/skirt the essentials. The employment and support of white nationalism by whichever party when dealing with foreign countries. This is usually couched under "Exceptionalism".

The whites, who more than any other group drank this exceptionalism cool ade, now suspect that locally they are being played by both parties.

Pio1980
01-30-2021, 10:11 AM
As usual the articles like these omit/skirt the essentials. The employment and support of white nationalism by whichever party when dealing with foreign countries. This is usually couched under "Exceptionalism".

The whites, who more than any other group drank this exceptionalism cool ade, now suspect that locally they are being played by both parties.
Of course they are, unable or unwilling to separate honest brokers from opportunistic demagogues.

donquixote99
01-30-2021, 10:46 AM
From The New Statesman last Sept, a review of historical out-and-out fascism in the US, related to current everts: The Return of American Fascism (https://www.newstatesman.com/international/places/2020/09/return-american-fascism)

Chicks
03-10-2021, 10:33 PM
Popular evangelical Beth Moore says she's no longer a Southern Baptist

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/10/us/beth-moore-leaves-southern-baptist-convention-trnd/index.html

"I'm 63 1/2 years old & I have never seen anything in these United States of America I found more astonishingly seductive & dangerous to the saints of God than Trumpism," Moore tweeted in December last year. "This Christian nationalism is not of God. Move back from it."

bobabode
03-10-2021, 10:43 PM
Popular evangelical Beth Moore says she's no longer a Southern Baptist

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/10/us/beth-moore-leaves-southern-baptist-convention-trnd/index.html

If she's smart she'll hire a security team and disappear. These creeps aren't fucking around anymore.

BlueStreak
03-11-2021, 10:09 AM

The Republican power center and voter base was centered in the North and the Democratic in the South until the late 1950s and1960s when it began to shift. No more "Solid (Dem) South" meant a merging of ideologies and the movement of Evangelists into the GOP. Christian Nationalism and the Lost Cause mythology have become one.

gdwrench
06-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't read every post in here but since the title of this thread is what it is I thought I'd drop a little nugget here for people to kill time with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOBEkI_INw

;):D:cool:

BlueStreak
06-05-2021, 08:38 PM

They always love those who don't ridicule their silliness, point out their greedy hypocrisy or question their hateful dogmas.

donquixote99
06-06-2021, 07:19 AM
Sorry, I didn't read every post in here but since the title of this thread is what it is I thought I'd drop a little nugget here for people to kill time with

Don't have quite that much time to kill, but looks like an I testing documentary analyzing, as the title says, how Trump is UNFIT!

bobabode
06-06-2021, 02:04 PM

OK who left the gate open again? Just kiddin' with ya.

Welcome aboard gdwrench

BlueStreak
06-06-2021, 06:33 PM

Greetings Earthling.

RickeyM
07-10-2021, 06:40 AM
“And I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about.”

So the rest of us can go pound sand so long as the Reich-Wing extremists and evangelicals get what they want.

BigElCat
12-21-2021, 02:05 AM
I've seen how Donald Trump can influence, and even control people with just his spoken word. That little side talk thing he does.

IMHO, it is a supernatural power, reminiscent of Hitler's speeches. He is a power / principality of the God of this world. Again, my opinion.

The following is a quote from GotGuestions.Org

Satan is also called the "prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2. He is the "ruler of this world" in John 12:31. These titles and many more signify Satan’s capabilities. To say, for example, that Satan is the "prince of the power of the air" is to signify that in some way he rules over the world and the people in it".

End of quote.

I'm not saying that Trump is the devil. All world leaders would be suspect, if the Christian Bible is true.

Pio1980
12-21-2021, 08:55 AM
This seems to fit.

RickeyM
12-23-2021, 10:51 AM
The Reich-Wingers and evangelicals believe he was sent by their god.

Pio1980
12-23-2021, 01:38 PM

What? He sent himself?

BigElCat
12-24-2021, 10:45 AM

Exactly. But they have the other god: the tax breaks for their business jets, while millions are homeless. Feeding children with $300 a month is so************************m. Mammon over God.

Bah Ha Ha. I can't say "sew shall ism" on this forum. That's "rich".

BigElCat
12-24-2021, 10:52 AM
What? He sent himself?
According to Satanism, there is no God, No Satan.

Each and everyone is a God onto themselves.

He held the Bible (upside down apparently), to sway public opinion. Works like a charm.

RickeyM
12-24-2021, 02:33 PM

What? He sent himself?

The Reich-Wingers and evangelicals believe he is their god.

There, fixed it ;)

nailer
12-24-2021, 05:22 PM
According to Satanism, their is no God, No Satan.

Each and everyone is God onto themselves.

He held the Bible (upside down apparently), to sway public opinion. Works like a charm.

Everyone worships their own god.

finnbow
09-16-2022, 12:06 PM
http://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9781977249241_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg

This book (https://www.amazon.com/President-Donald-Trump-Son-Man/dp/1977249752/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1663346402&sr=8-1) will explain in depth how "Donald John Trump's" full name literally means: "The Ruler of the World, graced by Yahweh (the LORD) and a descendant of a Drummer." Upon reading this book, the reader will be captivated when they realize how President Donald John Trump fulfilled most of the prophecies as the Son of Man. It speaks about End Time Prophecies and Biblical revelations regarding "President Donald J. Trump, the Son of Man. The Christ."

Nope, not a cult.;)

donquixote99
09-16-2022, 12:35 PM
Holy shit!

finnbow
09-16-2022, 12:55 PM
Pastor Mark Burns, at Eric Trump and Michael Flynn’s event in Idaho (https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1570831747650322432): “I’m coming here to declare war on every demonic, demon-possessed Democrat that comes from the gates of Hell!”

Dondilion
09-16-2022, 01:03 PM
Selling books in the time of Trump.

donquixote99
09-16-2022, 01:51 PM
Pastor Mark Burns, at Eric Trump and Michael Flynn’s event in Idaho (https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1570831747650322432): “I’m coming here to declare war on every demonic, demon-possessed Democrat that comes from the gates of Hell!”

If you worry that we may be headed for another satanic panic, is that a satanic panic panic?

BigElCat
09-19-2022, 09:19 AM
If you worry that we may be headed for another satanic panic, is that a satanic panic panic?
I'm worried that I may be paranoid. My meta-paranoia only goes away when I momentarily become fearless.

:eek:

donquixote99
09-19-2022, 09:50 AM
Paranoia totally justified these days as far as actions by malicious humans goes. Don't hold with fear of evil spirits though....

finnbow
11-19-2022, 04:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fh9YZ3xXgAERADX?format=jpg&name=small

finnbow
01-05-2024, 01:26 PM
You gotta see this cultish lunacy to believe it.

Trump releases a video proclaiming "God Made Trump" to save America. WTAF? Let's hear our boy Whell deny that MAGA is a feckin' delusional cult.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1743306613497426058

finnbow
01-05-2024, 01:39 PM
https://imgb.ifunny.co/images/cfc7c849638ce76e037fb4363afb94118641d8afed28b71aca 5039f1fdf920eb_1.jpg

bobabode
01-05-2024, 01:42 PM

Trump releases a video proclaiming "God Made Trump" to save America. WTAF? Let's hear our boy Whell deny that MAGA is a feckin' delusional cult.

Holy Moley. Cheeto Jesus made real. Yikes!

finnbow
01-05-2024, 01:44 PM
Holy Moley. Cheeto Jesus made real. Yikes!

What's crazy is that he is, at the very least, pretending to believe it. I suppose it hasn't dawned on him that God also made Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot.

RickeyM
01-05-2024, 03:14 PM

I only watched until 1:30. That's enough of my life wasted that I'll never get back.

finnbow
01-19-2024, 12:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEOSHHUWMAA9_sG?format=png&name=small

finnbow
02-05-2024, 04:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFmvtOYWYAAVYQj?format=jpg&name=small