PDA

View Full Version : This guy lives just a few miles from me..........................

BlueStreak
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
....and believe me, he has his minions, some are very wealthy and they are all completely nuts.

No, no Christian would ever dream of fearmongering;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzyYquy48k&feature=player_embedded

Dave

finnbow
03-31-2013, 08:41 PM
What is there left to say about that raving lunatic?

ebacon
03-31-2013, 08:45 PM
We've gone mad.

BlueStreak
03-31-2013, 08:59 PM
It amazes me that so many still take this goof seriously. After Isabel, this whackjob insisted that the hurricane hit us, because of local moral decline and "....growing acceptance of homosexuality and other deviant behaviours within our community."

I had a neighbor explain to me once, that it IS everyones business what others do in private, because "............we all suffer when the sinner brings down the wrath of God."

Trust me, guys. If these people aren't kept on the margins things are going to get way funkier than you've ever imagined. Maybe I'm sounding crazy in saying that, but............

Think about it.

Dave

bobabode
03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
It amazes me that so many still take this goof seriously. After Isabel, this whackjob insisted that the hurricane hit us, because of local moral decline and "....growing acceptance of homosexuality and other deviant behaviours within our community."

I had a neighbor explain to me once, that it IS everyones business what others do in private, because "............we all suffer when the sinner brings down the wrath of God."

Trust me, guys. If these people aren't kept on the margins things are going to get way funkier than you've ever imagined. Maybe I'm sounding crazy in saying that, but............

Think about it.

Dave

Tell 'em to go build an ark and sail away in it or better yet, in keeping with the literal word of god, build a bunker underground to save themselves from the Holy Barbeque that us sinners are bringing down on their heads. The thumpies are the crazy ones, imo.

BlueStreak
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
The concept of CO2 emissions and other pollutants combined with a natural cycle causing gradual warming of the atmosphere that influences weather patterns is absurd to these people. But, an enraged deity, (Who loves us, BTW.), lashing out at "Sodomites" with hurricanes and earthquakes is completely sensible......................:confused:

Regards,
Dave

ebacon
03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
We can't govern ourselves with all the political noise in the media. AFAIK no other democratic nation allows such nonsense.

TV networks are still pushing to get cameras into the Supreme Court. That's the last thing we need. People that don't have enough interest in the process to read court opinions thinking that they know everything because of a sound bite they got from TV. Shit balls.

There are even people pushing for deregulation of law practice. Really? A legal system with no laws? There's a name for that -- anarchy.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2011/08/22-deregulate-lawyers-winston-crandall

BlueStreak
03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
You know, here is something that I have been contemplating for the last three decades or so, but don't broach the subject very often.

What happens when you have twice as many college graduates as you have college level, professional jobs for them to fill?

This, I believe, is yet another facet of why the push to rid the country of decent paying, basic manufacturing jobs was such a horrible mistake. Two reasons;

1). Basic industry does NOT ONLY employ unskilled, low educated people. It also employs engineers, designers, chemists, financial and mangerial professionals.

2). When times get tough, and employers started demanding tougher qualifications from potential employees, it pushes the low and unskilled......where? Temporarily, at least, onto the public dole, that's where. And, unfortunately, all to many remain there when basic labor type jobs fail to return with an upswing. We need to face the unfortunate fact that not everyone is cut out to be a software designer, aerospace engineer or neurosurgeon and trying to create a society based exclusively on a high-tech workplace model will only lead to an ever larger underclass and ever more problems.

A balanced approach to job creation is the ONLY way, in this regard. Anyone who doesn't think so, had better be ready to pay for an expanding welfare state.

I would think the Rust Belt and the last 30-40 years would have taught us this lesson.

Apparently not.

Dave

ebacon
03-31-2013, 10:54 PM
I agree 100%. We are headed for another disaster with student loans. They are already at about $1T and defaults are rising. Of course the wankers in Washington rewrote the bankruptcy code so that student loans cannot be erased.

So let's get this straight. Businesses and government worked together to push students to college. Then, when the ridiculous system breaks down they blame the students for taking loans?

It's simply insanity.

bobabode
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Bizzness as usual.:mad:

Combwork
04-01-2013, 05:35 AM
[QUOTE=ebacon;152490]
TV networks are still pushing to get cameras into the Supreme Court. That's the last thing we need. People that don't have enough interest in the process to read court opinions thinking that they know everything because of a sound bite they got from TV. Shit balls.

I don't have a problem with this. How can any country have an open legal system when in practice the majority of its citizens don't know how it works?

ebacon
04-01-2013, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=ebacon;152490]

I don't have a problem with this. How can any country have an open legal system when in practice the majority of its citizens don't know how it works?

It would be one thing if the media behaved like adults. But in the USA they don't.

Note that our media system is for-profit and tied to our retirement accounts. That means it needs to make more and more money to keep up with inflation. In order to do that they have to appeal to more and more viewers and draw more and more advertisers. It's a spiraling cesspool of the lowest common denominator.

European systems fund their media differently. For example I think that Germany charges a 50 euro/TV/year tax. Consequently their TV programming is more calm and their political speech is more level-headed. It is designed to govern and inform, not make money. Of course the same forces that have made a mess in the U.S. are also eating away at their system, too.

BlueStreak
04-01-2013, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=ebacon;152490]

Because in America getting the general public too involved turns into a circus. We have tons of people who have an incredibly poor understanding of what governing within a democracy is. They think the government exists to enforce THEIR religious and social beliefs, exclusively. If you show them how it actually works they will HATE it, and elect other imbeciles to come along and wreck it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Tea Party.

Regards,
Dave