Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Area Man

This guy lives just a few miles from me..........................

....and believe me, he has his minions, some are very wealthy and they are all completely nuts.

No, no Christian would ever dream of fearmongering;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzyY...layer_embedded

Dave
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

What is there left to say about that raving lunatic?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 PM

We've gone mad.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Area Man

It amazes me that so many still take this goof seriously. After Isabel, this whackjob insisted that the hurricane hit us, because of local moral decline and "....growing acceptance of homosexuality and other deviant behaviours within our community."

I had a neighbor explain to me once, that it IS everyones business what others do in private, because "............we all suffer when the sinner brings down the wrath of God."

Trust me, guys. If these people aren't kept on the margins things are going to get way funkier than you've ever imagined. Maybe I'm sounding crazy in saying that, but............

Think about it.

Dave
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It amazes me that so many still take this goof seriously. After Isabel, this whackjob insisted that the hurricane hit us, because of local moral decline and "....growing acceptance of homosexuality and other deviant behaviours within our community."

I had a neighbor explain to me once, that it IS everyones business what others do in private, because "............we all suffer when the sinner brings down the wrath of God."

Trust me, guys. If these people aren't kept on the margins things are going to get way funkier than you've ever imagined. Maybe I'm sounding crazy in saying that, but............

Think about it.

Dave
Tell 'em to go build an ark and sail away in it or better yet, in keeping with the literal word of god, build a bunker underground to save themselves from the Holy Barbeque that us sinners are bringing down on their heads. The thumpies are the crazy ones, imo.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Area Man

The concept of CO2 emissions and other pollutants combined with a natural cycle causing gradual warming of the atmosphere that influences weather patterns is absurd to these people. But, an enraged deity, (Who loves us, BTW.), lashing out at "Sodomites" with hurricanes and earthquakes is completely sensible......................

Regards,
Dave
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 PM

We can't govern ourselves with all the political noise in the media. AFAIK no other democratic nation allows such nonsense.

TV networks are still pushing to get cameras into the Supreme Court. That's the last thing we need. People that don't have enough interest in the process to read court opinions thinking that they know everything because of a sound bite they got from TV. Shit balls.

There are even people pushing for deregulation of law practice. Really? A legal system with no laws? There's a name for that -- anarchy.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/op...nston-crandall
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 AM

Cameras in Court?

[QUOTE=ebacon;152490]
TV networks are still pushing to get cameras into the Supreme Court. That's the last thing we need. People that don't have enough interest in the process to read court opinions thinking that they know everything because of a sound bite they got from TV. Shit balls.

I don't have a problem with this. How can any country have an open legal system when in practice the majority of its citizens don't know how it works?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=Combwork;152502]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post

I don't have a problem with this. How can any country have an open legal system when in practice the majority of its citizens don't know how it works?
It would be one thing if the media behaved like adults. But in the USA they don't.

Note that our media system is for-profit and tied to our retirement accounts. That means it needs to make more and more money to keep up with inflation. In order to do that they have to appeal to more and more viewers and draw more and more advertisers. It's a spiraling cesspool of the lowest common denominator.

European systems fund their media differently. For example I think that Germany charges a 50 euro/TV/year tax. Consequently their TV programming is more calm and their political speech is more level-headed. It is designed to govern and inform, not make money. Of course the same forces that have made a mess in the U.S. are also eating away at their system, too.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Area Man

[QUOTE=Combwork;152502]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post

Because in America getting the general public too involved turns into a circus. We have tons of people who have an incredibly poor understanding of what governing within a democracy is. They think the government exists to enforce THEIR religious and social beliefs, exclusively. If you show them how it actually works they will HATE it, and elect other imbeciles to come along and wreck it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Tea Party.

Regards,
Dave