PDA

View Full Version : Most Republicans Think Jesus Would Denounce Universal Healthcare

Tom Joad
07-14-2014, 03:23 PM
No surprise here, but I think it's a good thing to show what's really in the hearts and minds of right wingers.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/most-republicans-think-jesus-would-denounce-universal-healthcare

Eighty percent of Democrats and 52 percent of independents said Jesus would support universal healthcare. Indeed it’s hard to imagine Jesus would deny care to those who lack the financial means to enjoy the comfort of our for-profit capitalist healthcare industry. But that’s not the Jesus Republicans know. Only 23 percent of Republicans believe Jesus would support healthcare for all.

continued (http://www.alternet.org/belief/most-republicans-think-jesus-would-denounce-universal-healthcare)

finnbow
07-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Just like Jesus would let a bunch of starving and desperate kids perish in the desert.

donquixote99
07-14-2014, 03:49 PM
It is written that Jesus said "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

But only Republicans know what he said next. He looked about, and said "Of course, this isn't the Kingdom of God."

finnbow
07-14-2014, 03:51 PM
It is written that Jesus said "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

But only Republicans know what he said next. He looked about, and said "Of course, this isn't the Kingdom of God."

Yep, its the Kingdom of the Almighty Dollar.

BlueStreak
07-14-2014, 04:01 PM
It comes from the passage in The Book of St. Ronnie wherein Jesus was driving in his Beemer with Ayn Rand and Rush Limbaugh when they encountered a man dying in the street and there did the red faced Son of God screameth unto him;

"IF YOU WANT HEALTHCARE, GO GET A JOB YOU FUCKING LEECH!!!"

Yeah, I don't recall that one either.

Dave

Oerets
07-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Deep down I think a few of the believers have real doubt and figure get it while they can now and worry later.

Just like abortion and life. If one thinks there is a heaven and innocents go there. Then eliminating the struggles and pain of life by terminating a pregnancy seems to be a good thing.

Barney

bobabode
07-14-2014, 04:09 PM
No surprise here, but I think it's a good thing to show what's really in the hearts and minds of right wingers.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/most-republicans-think-jesus-would-denounce-universal-healthcare

continued (http://www.alternet.org/belief/most-republicans-think-jesus-would-denounce-universal-healthcare)

"Jesus Weasels" :mad:

one1
07-14-2014, 05:35 PM
It goes that deep huh,WOW I am glad I belong to neither club.unbelievable!!!

noonereal
07-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Most Republicans Think Jesus Would Denounce Universal Healthcare

idiots

Zeke
07-15-2014, 02:59 AM
1. I'm drunk.
2. Jesus didn't heal only the rich.

Am I missing something?

merrylander
07-15-2014, 06:26 AM
1. I'm drunk.
2. Jesus didn't heal only the rich.

Am I missing something?

Not a thing:)

one1
07-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Not a thing:)

nothing important anyway.

merrylander
07-15-2014, 08:08 AM
The only thing wrong with the subject line of this thread is the amusing concept of a Republican thinking.

piece-itpete
07-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Everyone coopts Jesus, particularly nonbelievers. I doubt he'd get involved in petty politics, and I'm sure he'd love abortion.

The blood will flow to the horses bridles.

Pete

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Everyone coopts Jesus, particularly nonbelievers.
Pete

What a crock of shit Pete.

Did you really think I'd give you a pass on that?

How many lefty's do you think send their kids to "Jesus Camp"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvIOPiKFrs

piece-itpete
07-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Which Jesus should we talk about? The So************************t Jesus, Capitalist Jesus - Islamic Jesus? Free Healthcare Jesus? I personally don't believe in Bush Jesus Tom. There's idiots of every stripe.

Pete

one1
07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
And the gods made love,to each other.

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 09:32 AM
I personally don't believe in Bush Jesus Tom.

Whatever Dude.

Your Homies do.

"Ye shall be known by the company you keep".

nailer
07-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Jesus of Nazareth wouldn't be a Democrat either.

piece-itpete
07-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Bush is the new Truman :o

I see church is rubbing off on you Tom ;)

Pete

JJIII
07-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Welcome, nailer.

BlueStreak
07-15-2014, 09:43 AM

Pete

To quote Joel Lieberman; "....and you are no Harry Truman."

Comparing GWB to Harry Truman is ridiculous.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-15-2014, 09:46 AM

No, he would most likely be out of his mind trying to fathom the depth of the bullshit in American politics and enraged that any of those clowns invoke his name at all.;)

Dave

merrylander
07-15-2014, 09:53 AM

Pete

Nah the buck did not stop on Shrub's desk they all went to his rich buddies.:p

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Which Jesus should we talk about? The So************************t Jesus, Capitalist Jesus - Islamic Jesus? Free Healthcare Jesus?

Pete

For me, I can talk about any Goddamned Jesus I feel like.

Because I believe Jesus was a Dude, just like any other Dude. And as such he was flawed, like all of us are. So he was right about some things, and wrong about others, and since I am a Dude just like him, I can pick and choose what things I think he was right about, and what things I think he was wrong about.

Your Homies on the other hand believe Jesus was the son of God, and that every fucking thing that came out of his mouth was the word of God and must be obeyed without question. They are stuck, painted in a corner, and anytime I find some contradiction between what they believe and what Jesus said, I reserve the right to call them on their hypocrisy.

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Comparing GWB to Harry Truman is ridiculous.

Dave

That's for damn sure.

But I find there is no limit to the ridiculous things Pete will say in order to defend his cherished conservatism.

Pio1980
07-15-2014, 10:10 AM

Politics in general would probably disgust the ethically humanist model we have of this ideal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

piece-itpete
07-15-2014, 10:16 AM
I knew the Truman comment would get hackles up, I'm a rabble rouser :p

He was disliked during and after his terms but considered pretty good now. Time will tell?

For me, I can talk about any Goddamned Jesus I feel like.

Because I believe Jesus was a Dude, just like any other Dude. And as such he was flawed, like all of us are. So he was right about some things, and wrong about others, and since I am a Dude just like him, I can pick and choose what things I think he was right about, and what things I think he was wrong about.

Your Homies on the other hand believe Jesus was the son of God, and that every fucking thing that came out of his mouth was the word of God and must be obeyed without question. They are stuck, painted in a corner, and anytime I find some contradiction between what they believe and what Jesus said, I reserve the right to call them on their hypocrisy.

By all means, do so.

Pete

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 10:27 AM
He was disliked during and after his terms but considered pretty good now. Time will tell?

As it will with Obama.

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm a rabble rouser

Me too, in fact I'm fixin to start another rabble rousing thread right now.

nailer
07-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Politics in general would probably disgust the ethically humanist model we have of this ideal.

Jesus of Nazareth was a man who played the game of local politics and lost. He was against, and was trying to overturn, the local political status quo.

Pio1980
07-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Jesus of Nazareth was a man who played the game of local politics and lost. He was against, and was trying to overturn, the local political status quo.

Seems to demonstrate my point.

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 10:54 AM

Political status quo is just another way of saying conservative.

nailer
07-15-2014, 10:57 AM
^ That would make Democrats conservative.

piece-itpete
07-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Me too, in fact I'm fixin to start another rabble rousing thread right now.

:D

I agree about Obama too.

Pete

Pio1980
07-15-2014, 11:04 AM

What? They didn't run on "change"? Well nothing much has changed outside of getting some traction for the single payer health insurance concept and weirdness like money being speech and corporations people. Can Soylent Green be made of corperations, one wonders.

Tom Joad
07-15-2014, 11:04 AM

They are.

The Democrats in this country are center right and the Republicans are far right.