Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Abby Normal

Napa Valley wine train

Seems the GOP placed the Napa Valley wine train on their "wasted money" from the stimulus list.

Read the truth.

The GOP is just a dirt anti american gang.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/28....train/?hpt=C1
Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 PM

Good Lord. The Wine train is really cool. I used it in a promo once when I lived in San Francisco. Our host asked the engineer if he could drive the train which elicited the exasperated response "YOU DON'T DRIVE A TRAIN!" It was really cute.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Good Lord. The Wine train is really cool. I used it in a promo once when I lived in San Francisco. Our host asked the engineer if he could drive the train which elicited the exasperated response "YOU DON'T DRIVE A TRAIN!" It was really cute.
I live in the Russian River wine district, one valley west of the Napa Valley. These floods are no joke when you live out here. They're devastating to the local economy. There's so much adobe in the soil out here that it won't perk worth a shit. The flood water just ponds and the land stays inundated for months.

The Napa, Sonoma and Russian River Valleys make up the most productive and valuable wine district in the country and one of the best in the world. (And I don't even drink. ) Protecting it should be a national priority.

As for that SOB Tom Coburn, our own Dr. Mengele, he doesn't even have the decency to revise his position when confronted with the facts. And McCain's just a senile old curmudgeon. The engineer probably wouldn't let him blow the whistle once.

John
Old 01-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

This happens to fit the GOP narrative real well. They can appear fiscally responsible while taking on Chardonnay sipping, Bay Area liberal elites. Facts be damned.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I live in the Russian River wine district, one valley west of the Napa Valley. These floods are no joke when you live out here. They're devastating to the local economy. There's so much adobe in the soil out here that it won't perk worth a shit. The flood water just ponds and the land stays inundated for months.

The Napa, Sonoma and Russian River Valleys make up the most productive and valuable wine district in the country and one of the best in the world. (And I don't even drink. ) Protecting it should be a national priority.

As for that SOB Tom Coburn, our own Dr. Mengele, he doesn't even have the decency to revise his position when confronted with the facts. And McCain's just a senile old curmudgeon. The engineer probably wouldn't let him blow the whistle once.

John
I was thinking of you when I p[osted this John, I agree.

Save our wine country!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

So when has Coburn or McCain ever let the facts get in the way?